Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Daily Show: The New Liberals

Duckus

I thought this one was pretty good....for obvious reason :D.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-19-2009/fox-news--the-new-liberals

Fox News: The New Liberals. Fox News turns into the liberal media by defending protesters, criticizing the president and shoving its values down America's throat.

Saw this the other night and cracked up.

For all the jokes that they make...The Daily Show does an excellent job of showing the hypocrisy in the media...not just Fox but CNN, MSNBC & CNBC.

O'reilly ran a piece on this last night. He played the unedited clip which came off a little different.

Can you elaborate? I have been interested to see how people like O'Reilly respond to things like this because John Stewart constantly shows back to back clips of them contradicting themselves that almost speak for themselves.

This is coming from a registered republican who now pretty much considers himself independent. It seems like every news channel I flip on there is just BS and I have just become fed up with partisan politics.

Can you elaborate? I have been interested to see how people like O'Reilly respond to things like this because John Stewart constantly shows back to back clips of them contradicting themselves that almost speak for themselves.

This is coming from a registered republican who now pretty much considers himself independent. It seems like every news channel I flip on there is just BS and I have just become fed up with partisan politics.

The daily show clip was edited to make it look like it O'Reilly was calling everyone involved in the protest was a "loon". The full clip was of O'Reilly calling the people getting arrested "loons", he said something positive I think about the peaceful protesters, can't remember what he said exactly.

I watch The O'reilly show now and but I'm not a huge fan of him personally. The topics are pretty interesting. He does have an equal amount of liberals and conservatives. He of course usually argues the conservative point. One thing you can say is he wouldn't edit clips like the daily show does on a regular basis.

The daily show clip was edited to make it look like it O'Reilly was calling everyone involved in the protest was a "loon". The full clip was of O'Reilly calling the people getting arrested "loons", he said something positive I think about the peaceful protesters, can't remember what he said exactly.

I watch The O'reilly show now and but I'm not a huge fan of him personally. The topics are pretty interesting. He does have an equal amount of liberals and conservatives. He of course usually argues the conservative point. One thing you can say is he wouldn't edit clips like the daily show does on a regular basis.

I watched O'Reilly then and listened to his radio show... he definately refered to peace protestors negatively often. That one clip may have been different but if he challenges Stewart... he'll lose. People can write him off as a comedian if they want to but every time a media personality has called him out they've lost badly.

Yeah I saw how the daily show edited out muslims and jewish when the ladies were making a point that religious people of all creeds shouldn't be attacked or smeared because of their religion.

The sad thing is that the IPOD Generation and the Generation of Twits can't tell that he is a satirist (Doing Satire) and not doing journalism and not pushing the entire truth or skewing information.

Yeah I saw how the daily show edited out muslims and jewish when the ladies were making a point that religious people of all creeds shouldn't be attacked or smeared because of their religion.

The sad thing is that the IPOD Generation and the Generation of Twits can't tell that he is a satirist (Doing Satire) and not doing journalism and not pushing the entire truth or skewing information.

It doesn't say very much about the media if his satire makes more sense then their reporting.

BTW, consider much of Fox News to be satire and not "journalism," either.

My god you're a condescending :censored:

Have you seen him take media personalities on? Have you seen him get serious on any issue? http://www.thedailyshow.com/ Watch his healthcare debate with Betsy McCaughey. They actually pull the bill out and debate the language.

The only difference between the Daily Show and Hannity is that Stewart has a laugh track that accompanies the obvious nonsense... while Hannity pretends the nonsense he comes up with is truth.

I watched O'Reilly then and listened to his radio show... he definately refered to peace protestors negatively often. That one clip may have been different but if he challenges Stewart... he'll lose. People can write him off as a comedian if they want to but every time a media personality has called him out they've lost badly.

I watch his show a few times a week and can't say I agree with you on your protestors comment. Maybe you can provide a clip. What kind of challenge are you talking about? Fight....thumb war?

Again, I'm not a fan of him personally, he comes off arrogant. You can watch his show though and know you're not seeing edited videos like you do on the daily show then present it as if it's truth. Stewart presents as if he's giving the facts than uses "satire" if he gets called out.

I think it is a little funny that, these days, O'Reilly is one of the more rational people on Fox News. Of course, that is not saying very much, and that being said, O'Reilly has an underdeveloped sense of irony. For example, I remember this segment he had where he had a clip where his staff "ambushed" a person over a particular story, and then, literally a second later, he was decrying the ambush journalism used against movie stars.

This clip from Olbermann's show demonstrates this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTERFQnYo48

I watch his show a few times a week and can't say I agree with you on your protestors comment. Maybe you can provide a clip. What kind of challenge are you talking about? Fight....thumb war?

Again, I'm not a fan of him personally, he comes off arrogant. You can watch his show though and know you're not seeing edited videos like you do on the daily show then present it as if it's truth. Stewart presents as if he's giving the facts than uses "satire" if he gets called out.

O'Reilly resorts to cheap tactics - he does that frequently. And the Daily Show edit clips, but usually to show the hypocrisy of others, such as Glenn Beck one year decrying the US health system, and the next saying it is the "best in the world."

Jon Stewart is effective at what he does.

I enjoyed this DS piece, but I will side with O'Reilly on this.. I saw his response in which he says he's describing the arrested protesters as loons, but the fact is he says in the clip (and I'm paraphrasing) "the majority of people surveyed thought the protesters were just loons."

So he's quoting a survey, not necessarily his own language. I do realize he is a big hypocrite on this issue in a million other ways, but the DS could have chosen a better clip that would not leave them open to the counter-punch.

~Bang

The only time I ever saw Jon Stewart look like he had no idea what to do during an interview...Kermit The Frog.

He tried to go toe to flipper with him...Kermit just ate him up. At one point Stewart looked at the camera and said, "I can't believe it the frog is running circles around me. I can't keep up with him."

A lot of people have gone on The Daily Show thinking it would be a cake-walk and discovered Jon Stewart is not an idiot.

I think it is a little funny that, these days, O'Reilly is one of the more rational people on Fox News. Of course, that is not saying very much, and that being said, O'Reilly has an underdeveloped sense of irony. For example, I remember this segment he had where he had a clip where his staff "ambushed" a person over a particular story, and then, literally a second later, he was decrying the ambush journalism used against movie stars.

This clip from Olbermann's show demonstrates this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTERFQnYo48

Let me get this straight. You are claiming that O'Reilly is a hack, and your evidence is his rival hack hacking him? :doh:

Archived