Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cards fan thinks Adrian Wilson is better than Polamalu

TheItalianStallion

" Wilson isnt on any madden covers. NOT THAT IT MATTERS,but you still dont end up there without being a beeeeeast."

Did you not see that part? I made it in caps this time just for those who may need to calm down,not just skim posts,and toss me in the catagory of troll.

I don't think I tossed you in any category. I think I asked if you used Madden as your basis for who was the better safety...

Besides kdawg, I dont see the issue. Only elite players comming off good years make the cover.

I see your point. Vince Young is incredibly elite. Next black QB to win a Super Bowl.

Now for my true assesment of the two players.Wilson...awesome player who carried that team for many years,great in coverage and reminds me of darren sharper...I just dont think hes on the level of Troy. Not saying much in carrying,but its obvious he was and may still be the best defensive player along with dockett.

This is a much better reply. Reasoning that doesn't involve a video game.

Now whats up with you calling me out on my statement?

It's a message board. Get thicker skin. People get called out for saying ridiculous things all the time.

Ive seen multiple threads on this site in just about everywhere talking about madden.The ratings and I dont have a gripe like you do.

It's nonsensical to use Madden ratings as any basis for how good (or bad) someone is in real life. It's funny when someone writes an article about how bad Ethan Albright is in Madden, but it's sad when people go to Madden for their football reference. It shows a complete lack of actual football knowledge to use it as your baseline. You showed above that this is not the case. You have a legit argument. So use it. Like it or not, using Madden discredits you. It's not a legit source in the least.

People get paid to create those ratings and to tell you the truth there not very far off at all.Of course some homers will disagree,so I feel at times they relate.

But they are people who make mistakes. Video game ratings are not the same as what people do in real life.

The funny part is I think ive seen the statement "did you just use madden to judge in real life" or "this isnt madden" about 25 times. Are you just being a copycat,trying to look cool,or what?

Yes. To all of the above. I don't have a mind of my own.

Everyone watch out for kdawg guys,hes better than us madden players because he thinks he knows more about football.

psst... I play Madden.

Im sorry if a bunch of kids get on your nerves with all there wishful trades,and rating wars. I just dont think you had to call me out on something i clearly said didnt matter anyways.

Then why say it if it doesn't matter? Needed your name in the spotlight?

Ok other than Young and Vick the other cover artists are pretty good. No chance Albright sees the field unless every other o-lineman is badly injured,He deserves a bad rating because he gets paid league min and thats still a whole freaking lot for all the heat he takes for a crap rating.

I was just using it as an example. Maybe we both need thicker skin? How many of your posts are you calling out madden kids? haha

Seriously I dont think the madden ratings are very far off. They make mistakes sure,but at times I feel like they give alot of players the benefit of the doubt than what they really are...sucks they dont ever play for the skins. I think that most of what you see in madden is the same sort of things you will find in a message board,or magazine hyping up players. Its mostly the same information...not that this matters anyways....How many of you are going to inflate Colt Brennans ratings up to 99 the second you get this game?

Since you play madden,I just dont understand why you had a problem with what I said. Vince Young may not be elite...But cmon you dont see Archuleta on the cover. The VY thing is another argument,and he may happen to turn out...but maybe not.

Your point is interesting considering Wilson is on the same team as Fitz!

But I agree with you. People know Polamalu because he's on the most popular team in the NFL. I would say Polamalu is more aggressive and is a bigger playmaker, but Wilson has him in coverage.

Like I said, it's very close. People just don't realize it since Wilson doesn't get the press coverage.

Actually, Wilson has him in tackles too...

];6645788']Polomalu is more aggressive. But I'd rather have Wilson. He isn't awful in coverage' date=' and he always seems to be around the ball making plays. He's very much like a poor man's Sean Taylor. He has the occasional good hit, and otherwise is always around the ball.[/quote']

Sean who???

Your point is interesting considering Wilson is on the same team as Fitz!

But I agree with you. People know Polamalu because he's on the most popular team in the NFL. I would say Polamalu is more aggressive and is a bigger playmaker, but Wilson has him in coverage.

Like I said, it's very close. People just don't realize it since Wilson doesn't get the press coverage.

Better example: Calvin Johnson. Top 10 (if not top 5), but not well known since he's a Lion.

I would actually take Adrian Wilson over Polamalu. Size-wise, Wilson is a much more intimidating force and he's been able to make some serious plays without an elite pass rush in front of him. Polamalu has the benefit of one of the best pass rushes in football in front of him that he's able to make mistakes and it doesn't get magnified.

Vince Young?

this has been covered already. But coming off the season he did,leading them to the playoffs and adding in the fact that alot of players dont want any part of the curse. He was rookie of the year I think,and the reason he is out a starting job right now isnt that he lacks the talent.

Also like I said,you dont see any scrub on the cover do you? Why hasnt any redskins other than Shaun Alexander (hahaha) been on there? We have many great beastly players. Where is santana's cover shot?Better yet where is JC in the cover voting? As much as they feature black quarterbacks Vick,Mcnabb,Young.

How much older is Wilson than polamalu? How many ints and tackles have they each had in the past 3 years? Im on my sidekick so I cant look but im sure that'll answer some questions. Plus comming off the superbowl its not too bad an idea to feature 2 stars of the teams playing.

ok I did my own homework on the two.

Troy- games 40, tackles 208, sacks 1, passes defended 36, forced fumbles 3, ints 10

Adrian-games 40, tackles 202, sacks 7.5, passes defended 19, forced fumbles 6, ints 6

This is over the last 3 years,same amount of games played. Troys coverage skills seem to be superior due to the 36 passes defended and 4 more ints. Adrian seems to have the edge closer to the line of scrimmage seeing as he has more sacks and forced fumbles.

I give the overall edge to Poly,he plays on a defense with more guys imo who tackle better making it more difficult to rack up the stats.Like somebody else said...its all about the rings,stats are useless then.

I also think adrian wilson will slip out of the spotlight with the emergence of antrel rolle and Cromartie.

Archived