Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Stumbled across this tidbit from 2 years ago...it's a ranking of the draft classes made shortly after the draft. A very weird-feeling flashback:

WAS_logo.png

14. Washington Redskins

Score: 170 points (3 players)
The lowdown: The Redskins franchise-tagged quarterback Kirk Cousins, and wasted no time in getting him a young weapon in the passing game by picking Doctson. It should also be interesting to see what defensive coordinator Joe Barry does with Cravens, an instinctive hybrid defender.
The players (points):
No. 29: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (72)
No. 49: Su'a Cravens, LB, USC (52)
No. 55: Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (46)

• Like 1

Been catching up with some Redskins radio segments

Craig Hoffman really really loves M. Nicholson and Doctson.  He really really thinks Perine is a bust and might not make the team.  He's insistent that Bryon Marshall will make the team and Jay loves him.

Probably meaningless but just mentioning it because Hoffman likes ti say he's chummy with the Redskins scouts and talks to them from time to time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Been catching up with some Redskins radio segments

Craig Hoffman really really loves M. Nicholson and Doctson.  He really really thinks Perine is a bust and might not make the team.  He's insistent that Bryon Marshall will make the team and Jay loves him.

Probably meaningless but just mentioning it because Hoffman likes ti say he's chummy with the Redskins scouts and talks to them from time to time. 

Pretty sure I've heard Cooley rave about Nicholson too.

Anyone see the story on twitter about AJ Francis’s rant (tweets) toward TSA yesterday? He had his moms ashes in his checked luggage (she passed away on June 26th) and TSA apparently didn’t close the container or whatever and the ashes were all over his clothes when he opened his suitcase. 

Adam Schefter tweeted the article today from ESPN, with his mini headline saying “AJ Francis goes on tirade about TSA”. One of the comments is literally “so he wasn’t supposed to be mad?”. 

-first of all, did Adam Schefter SAY he wasn’t supposed to be mad?? Good lord there are some stupid people on Twitter. 

14 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

2010 to 2015 isn’t old. It was practically yesterday. 

Old man rant here, but I love watching old games on YouTube that are before 2000.

Yeah i didnt mean “old” as in like before 2000’s, i meant in the sense that they’re from previous seasons. After all, 2008 was a long time ago in football seasons :P (even more so in Redskins seasons) ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone see the story on twitter about AJ Francis’s rant (tweets) toward TSA yesterday? He had his moms ashes in his checked luggage (she passed away on June 26th) and TSA apparently didn’t close the container or whatever and the ashes were all over his clothes when he opened his suitcase. 

Adam Schefter tweeted the article today from ESPN, with his mini headline saying “AJ Francis goes on tirade about TSA”. One of the comments is literally “so he wasn’t supposed to be mad?”. 

-first of all, did Adam Schefter SAY he wasn’t supposed to be mad?? Good lord there are some stupid people on Twitter. 

I'd be ****ing pissed.!!

So I subscribed to the NFL vault on YouTube.. after what Cooleyfan mentioned and beside a list of different football games to watch there was a video for a certain Falcon 9 space rocket ship thing.. I instantly thought of hap and how ironic it was.. more than half of the games on there were Redskins games 86 playoff game against the Rams 99 playoff game against the Buccaneers and a playoff game against the Cowboys then that rocket ship clip..hmmm

• Like 1

The diving one handed touchdown catch by Maurice Harris against Minnesota,Ryan Kerrigans interception returned for a touchdown and Chris Thompson's sick ass touchdown run when he busted like three eagle players week 1,the heart breaking loss in New Orleans (Josh Doctsons sick ass catch when he caught the ball up and over a defender),the win in Seattle (that was HUGE FOR ME)I can care less who the seachickens didn't have on the field,the win against the Raiders,the tough hard fought loss in KC,again Chris Thompson and the week 2 win in Los Angeles is all what has me back for another year of REDSKINS FOOTBALL!!..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2018 at 9:37 AM, bakedtater1 said:

The diving one handed touchdown catch by Maurice Harris against Minnesota,Ryan Kerrigans interception returned for a touchdown and Chris Thompson's sick ass touchdown run when he busted like three eagle players week 1,the heart breaking loss in New Orleans (Josh Doctsons sick ass catch when he caught the ball up and over a defender),the win in Seattle (that was HUGE FOR ME)I can care less who the seachickens didn't have on the field,the win against the Raiders,the tough hard fought loss in KC,again Chris Thompson and the week 2 win in Los Angeles is all what has me back for another year of REDSKINS FOOTBALL!!..

I love that! I'm coming back for even more and that's to beat them ****ing hated cowboys. I really didn't like way we took those two losses last season. 

8 hours ago, madden lot said:

I love that! I'm coming back for even more and that's to beat them ****ing hated cowboys. I really didn't like way we took those two losses last season. 

Completely agree about those losses to the cowboys...thems losses left a very awful taste in my mouth..

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

How great is it to have the World Cup leading up to training camp, I'm ready for some American football now.

I (along with my sisters boyfriend) was hoping Croatia would win, since we were there back in May, but it was a good tournament nonetheless? 

The US wasn’t in it, so i didn’t get too excited. Hopefully they’ll be in it in 2022. What are the chances of that happening?

And yeah, definitely ready for training camp. I think some teams start this week :) 

• Like 1

Exactly 1 week from today, the redskins will be arriving to Richmond!! These past 4-5 weeks have been miserable without tweets about practices and also press conference videos. Mid-June to late July is the part of the offseason i hate the most, by far. 

Bring on training camp already!!! 

• Like 2