Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

I really wish I had CSN so that I could show Post Game Live but I can't justify getting the whole sports pack just to watch that one show (I don't like the rest of the programming lol.)

But I am rewinding the best moments of the game right now and putting whatever FOX is showing for the moment.

EDIT : Good to see most are having good experiences with the feed. Since I usually have no feedback I didn't know there were problems or if it was good.

Edited by FS#21
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, FS#21 said:

I really wish I had CSN so that I could show Post Game Live but I can't justify getting the whole sports pack just to watch that one show (I don't like the rest of the programming lol.)

But I am rewinding the best moments of the game right now and putting whatever FOX is showing for the moment.

EDIT : Good to see most are having good experiences with the feed. Since I usually have no feedback I didn't know there were problems or if it was good.

Thank you for posting the game.

Was the best game streaming experience I had since a loong time. Now you have some international viewer :P

Thanks, FS!

The frustrating thing about most streams is that eventually they start buffering horribly and you miss out on a lot of plays... so it was good to be on yours and be able to keep watching.

I had to laugh the times you would rewind and rewatch the plays in which we creamed the Giants. :)

Not strictly about watching the games online, but this is probably the best thread to put this. 

I'm in Florida, on DSL, and really don't want to pay for Sunday Ticket. 

For many years, I've been streaming the Redskins radio feed.  (I even paid the NFL for the stream, until they jacked up the prices way too much.)  (This season, I've been streaming from the ESPN 980 web site.) 

But lately, I've been getting really ticked about the incredible streaming delays.  I mean, at one point, there, the Redskins had just gotten the ball (I think it was following the kickoff, after the Giant's last FG.)  The NFL.com web page was telling me that it was 2nd and 9.  And my radio stream was still playing commercials for the TO, before the Skins first down play.  (And they still had two commercials to go.) 

It gets really old, in the game day chat, seeing people discussing what play we should call for third down, when I'm listening to Larry Michael describe the players still in the huddle, on First Down. 

I'm considering subscribing to Sirius, so I can listen to the Redskins radio without the streaming delays.  (I'm also considering getting a Home Theater receiver, so I can use my nice speakers when watching TV.) 

I see two options. 

One is to get a fairly basic receiver, and a Sirius home receiver.  Cost, probably $300 for the amp, and $100 for the radio and the "home kit", to turn the radio into a home receiver. 

The other is to get a fancier home theater receiver, which has the ability to stream Sirius directly.  Connect it to my home Ethernet, and let it stream the Sirius.  Cost, more like $500 for the receiver, but no radio and "home kit". 

But, I'm afraid that the latter option will come with the same streaming delays that I'm trying to get rid of.  It's possible that, if I get the fancier receiver, I'll still have to get the radio, anyway, to avoid the streaming delay.  (After all, I've tried streaming both from the NFL, and from ESPN 980, and they both had huge delays.  Streaming Sirius might well have the same problem.) 

Anybody out there in Redskins Land know if I'll have that delay problem, streaming from Sirius? 

I plan to show the game today same place and all but just a warning a head of time, the forecast here calls for rain during the game and that may present the problem of the signal cutting out for at least the start of the game... now if the rain is strong it could mean cutting more often as that's the downside of having satelitte vs having cable. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, FS#21 said:

I plan to show the game today same place and all but just a warning a head of time, the forecast here calls for rain during the game and that may present the problem of the signal cutting out for at least the start of the game... now if the rain is strong it could mean cutting more often as that's the downside of having satelitte vs having cable. 

TY FS!! You are a life saver!!

lifesaver-1.jpg