Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

I think they scrapped the preseason package because ppl were buying that and not game pass (which looks like a waste IMO if your team sucks)

That's just stupid! I wonder if they ever considered that many of us pay for NFL-ST and thus have ZERO need to pay for a full season of GamePass, but would spring a few bucks for preseason since they lock us out of market fans out from seeing preseason games?  So, I guess I'll just have to go back to hunting for free pirated streams on the innerwebz because that's our only venue. The NFL is just going all to hell!

• Like 1

I've done streams before but usually they are so damn unreliable and often they are crap. Also, by time you actually find one that works and click through 37 screens while being extra careful NOT to click a link that will download a virus, it's halftime. And often, the streams are shut down before the end of the game. IOW .. way too damn frustrating to see maybe a quarter or two in bad quality. That is why I went ahead and paid the 5, 10, 15 bucks the last 2 or 3 seasons to watch the preseason games. But I can't for the life of me find a link for subscribing to JUST the preseason games this year. (Yes, even after they billed me three times for one package last year and I had to pull my eyeteeth to get the two refunds).

Goodell is running a damn clown college!

Usually get some HD ones through that particular link though. Just looking at it now theres loads of HD ones for the Hall of Fame game. 

Also installing adblocker is a must for these sites. 

I also wonder about reliability. I've heard commercials (run by the cable company) about DTV going out when it rains. And one of mom's restaurants subscribes to DTV, and yeah, their signal went out a lot.

I also wonder what the installation is like. I'd rather not have their installer in the house, if I can avoid it. The house is wired for cable, right now. ( I wired it). Will DTV use the existing wiring, inside? Will I need their boxes (and another remote) for every TV?

Or, at one point last year, I was considering getting a home satellite radio receiver, and just signing up for Sirius, at home. Anybody know much, about that?

Reliability with DirecTV is better (in my experience) than cable. In fact, I fired my cable system back in 1994 and went to the upstart DirecTV (I used to have to pay two bills; one to DirecTV and another to USSB for all of the programming). Another plus was that they had Sunday Ticket. The plus to changing to DTV was that the picture is crystal clear and the outages due to weather are WAY overplayed by cable companies! First, you will only lose signal in the HEAVIEST part of a HEAVY thunderstorm. It may last a few seconds, or a couple of minutes. Generally, the types of storms that will cause rain fade are in the summer time, so by football season you should be good. To tell you how much the cable companies exaggerate, I live in Florida and watched a live PPV movie (had some neighbors over) on DirecTV when Hurricane Floyd was 60 miles off the coast and missed almost none of the movie.

I previously wrote about my loathing of installers. But that goes for the installers that the cable company and the phone company sends out, so if you can tolerate them then you should have no problems with DirecTV's installers. I'm just very nitpicky and intolerant to people who have the capability to screw up and drill on my house.

As to whether the cable in your house can be used? Only if your house has RG-6 in the walls. Most homes used to be run with RG-59 which is what cable TV installers use. RG-59 cannot carry the proper voltage and bandwidth as RG-6. If you already have RG-6, then they may be able to use it. It also depends on where they have to place the dish and if you have a run to there.

If you go with the new(er) 5 tuner "Genie" HD-DVR, then you will need a small box at each TV. There are also wireless boxes available.

As to Sirius .. I have subscribed to them since about 2005 just to listen to Sonny and Sam/Cooley. I can sync up my DVRs exactly to the Sirius feed. Sunday Ticket feeds are always about 30-45 seconds AHEAD of Sirius. Just press pause at the first penalty and sync up the refs lip movements (lip sync) to his voice on Sirius. I've been doing this for ten years without fail.

I do want to point to my experience last year.  I was able to get refunded my money from DirecTV but I had the internet package for streaming on computers (I can run HDMI to my TV, good enough for me) and I was plagued every broadcast with hiccups, minutes-long delays, image outages, etc.  I could not watch and participate in game chats because at times I was 5 minutes, and that was when the signal was smooth.

I might try again, and the free year I had with a Madden game wasn't bad but this last year I ended up going to these European methods, viruses and malware and all because they were actually faster and more consistent and with little or even no delay.

65 inch plasma and 7:1 sound, main speakers are floor standing Infinity's with 200 watt side subs built in. The sound system is amazing and so is the picture quality ...all set and ready to go.

Cheers Gents! Here's to the 2015 season!

Definitely taking my wife to her first game later this Fall.

So I decided to try the 7 Day Trial of GamePass. What a damn joke.

I cannot enter into the GamePass section of the site. No idea what it actually looks like. I get to see the same pitch page for something I already signed up for. Sent them a message, heres the response:

Greetings,

Thank you for the NFL Game Pass product feedback. 

We are aware of the issues and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. We are working on fixing the problem right now; we appreciate your patience while we fix the issue.

Thank You

NFL Game Pass Support 

I probably won't be able to watch tomorrow's game live, so I was looking to watch it when I got home a bit later at night. One of the few things GamePass / Preseason Package was good for. 

Since that likely won't happen as they sent me that message on Monday, and **** is still broken; does anyone know a place to watch it after the game has ended? I know the typical stream sites but I'm guessing they don't keep them up to replay later.

I've done streams before but usually they are so damn unreliable and often they are crap. Also, by time you actually find one that works and click through 37 screens while being extra careful NOT to click a link that will download a virus, it's halftime. And often, the streams are shut down before the end of the game. IOW .. way too damn frustrating to see maybe a quarter or two in bad quality. That is why I went ahead and paid the 5, 10, 15 bucks the last 2 or 3 seasons to watch the preseason games. But I can't for the life of me find a link for subscribing to JUST the preseason games this year. (Yes, even after they billed me three times for one package last year and I had to pull my eyeteeth to get the two refunds).

Goodell is running a damn clown college!

In case it helps anyone out, I use Chrome normally, but for NFL season, I use Firefox (just to keep the streaming in a completely separate browser). Install an adblocker - a good one should get rid of 90% of the confusion in terms of where to click, etc.

All you need to do, is close enough ads to be able to click full screen mode, and the rest will not show up.

Quality is still a toss-up, week-to-week, but I can get the game loaded up within 2 minutes.

• Like 1

I'm currently in Rio De Janeiro and will be in Brazil for a good portion of the season. WiFi is trash here, and streaming most likely won't work well. Does anyone know of any good NFL bars? Ive done some research, but most of it seems a bit dated. I plan to search through ES a little more, but this thread seemed like a good place to start.

Edited by ddub52

I'm currently in Rio De Janeiro and will be in Brazil for a good portion of the season. WiFi is trash here, and streaming most likely won't work well. Does anyone know of any NFL bars? I plan to search through ES a little more, but this thread seemed like a good place to start.

Hey, 

Here's a link that showcased a few bars/pubs. It's from 2013, but worth a shot to call and see if these places still broadcast the games for you:

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-entertainment/where-to-watch-nfl-football-in-rio-de-janeiro/#

Hey,

Here's a link that showcased a few bars/pubs. It's from 2013, but worth a shot to call and see if these places still broadcast the games for you:

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-entertainment/where-to-watch-nfl-football-in-rio-de-janeiro/#

Thank you. That's more recent than anything else I've found. I was at Shenanigan's the other day. I asked about NFL but the girl didn't understand me lol. Looks like some good options, and relatively close to where I'm at.

• Like 1

65 inch plasma and 7:1 sound, main speakers are floor standing Infinity's with 200 watt side subs built in. The sound system is amazing and so is the picture quality ...all set and ready to go.

Sounds like a nice set-up.  Even without Sunday Ticket on sat TV, I bet a streaming web version would be pretty awesome too.  Provided DTV gets its streaming servers together.

• Like 1

Would NFL gamepass work for somebody living in the states(who doesn't have DirecTV), if they were to, theoretically, pass their IP to a proxy, or use TOR or something similar to mask their IP? I know it's only supposed to be for non-US residents, but I'd rather purchase and watch a high quality stream, rather than a fuzzy, choppy illegal stream.

Would NFL gamepass work for somebody living in the states(who doesn't have DirecTV), if they were to, theoretically, pass their IP to a proxy, or use TOR or something similar to mask their IP? I know it's only supposed to be for non-US residents, but I'd rather purchase and watch a high quality stream, rather than a fuzzy, choppy illegal stream.

Somebody posted about that earlier

I think that can work

You can use a VPN service like http://gamepass.nfl.com. You will get a different Game Pass page.  Letting you pay for LIVE games for $129 for the year.  Once you start the stream, you can deactivate the VPN (and it will continue) to get your full Internet bandwidth for HD viewing. 

Its just idiotic that the NFL makes those in the 'Merica of the U.S. resort to mess like this to watch out of market games at a reasonable price.

Nice setup!  Unfortunately a nice thunderstorm during the game will take your reception right out. 

Nice setup! Unfortunately a nice thunderstorm during the game will take your reception right out.

I've had Sunday Ticket for 11 years and I can count on one hand the times a storm completely knocked out a Redskins game. Few and far between and it doesn't thunderstorm in the winter.

I concur. As I mentioned above, I've subscribed to NFL-ST since 1994. I live in the thunderstorm capitol of the country and I have never missed a minute of a game. Now if football season started in the Summer, then it might be an occasional problem. But the cable companies have beaten that to death and it's ridiculous. I had WAY more problems with cable than a very occasional rain outage with DirecTV that only lasts a couple of minutes and then it's back to crystal clear picture. That's why I fired them 21 years ago and will never go back.

Edited by TD Riggo

So NFL got rid of the $20 preseason package, and instead rolling it into a $100 package? Screw that ****.

I was getting ready to offer the NFL a further 20 bucks, but no way I'm spending 100. I won't even utilize replay.

I'll find a steam for preseason. I found out that direcTV offers their online only Sunday ticket streaming service here, which is 200. I might buy that for the regular season.

• Like 1

Always amused when DirectTV watchers claim they never have an issue.  The only time my cable goes out is if there is a national disaster.  I miss short spots in games when being at a friends house with DirectTV because of heavy rain, or snow.  It's happened multiple times.

Always amused when DirectTV watchers claim they never have an issue.  The only time my cable goes out is if there is a national disaster.  I miss short spots in games when being at a friends house with DirectTV because of heavy rain, or snow.  It's happened multiple times.

Yeah I had DirecTV for two years down in Florida, and we always knew if it was going to start raining soon because we would lose reception.  Never had a reception problem with cable.

• Like 1

Yeah I had DirecTV for two years down in Florida, and we always knew if it was going to start raining soon because we would lose reception.  Never had a reception problem with cable.

Yeah DirecTV fans always pretend this never happens.  It's common.

Not common in Seattle area where it never rains hard, or snows hard.

I think I've had signal interruption once in 6 years....it snowed record amounts.  I climbed up and swept it off...good signal again.

DirectTV isn't without its faults, but I like it.

Common with those who do not have a precisely aligned dish.  I feel sorry for those who endure that without knowing it can be corrected.  I've also had cable and like others have mentioned during the heaviest snow storms I've seen the 'signal lost' because my cable company was using satellite as their source.

Currently I'm a cord cutter, been that way for a while now... too many useless channels, far too much faux reality tv for the price to stick with that.