Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I gotta eat HOW many wings in 10 minutes?

Recent Vintage

Bleachers/Stadium a couple of night TC session?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Bleachers/Stadium a couple of night TC session?

• No interest
    • Night TC session but no Bleachers
    • Bleachers + Night TC
    • Stupid!!

Standing at 5'9" and weighing 160 pounds, I was the smallest contestant in Buffalo Wild Wings eating competition. I got plenty of condescending looks from other contestants, kind of saying "What are you doing here kid?" "Doesn't matter" I thought to myself. I had a good strategy, and I was going to stick to it.

Contest rules: Eat as many (hot flavored) wings as possible in 10 minutes. Most of the meat has to be off of the bones. Two rounds because more people than they expected signed up. I'm in the second. On the line: 1st place gets $250 cash, and a chance to compete for $1000 against winners from other Bdubs stores. Losers get nothing, not even a t-shirt.

So I watch the first round, everyone is totally housing those wings. After 10 minutes the leader has 38. They clean the table off, bring out the fresh wings, and my part of the race begins. Now when I said I had a strategy, it's true, but it was very simple: Do not stop eating. And I didn't. For 10 minutes. The only time I even slowed down was when they brought out just-cooked wings that were too hot, so I broke them open to let them cool while eating older wings. I had no concept of time really, I heard people shouting my name and cheering me on but it was mostly noise. I didn't really realize the time until the guy with the stopwatch shouted "90 seconds." ****! It's almost over... those other buckets look pretty full... time for the sprint. I'm not sure how many more I got down, but it was 7 or 8. And then relief. It was over. I finally got a napkin.

To figure out the winner, they counted the bones. I had no idea how long it would feel like until my bucket was the last one. The big line-backer looking black dude across the table from me got 41.

I'm counting to myself with the bdubs waitress. The bucket is running out of bones, but I'm in the high thirties. 38... 39... 40... 41... 42... 43! 44!!!

CHAMPIONSHIP!

44 Wings in ten minutes. I won it all, and it was totally glorious.

I'm in the pink:

DSC01832.jpg

DSC01833.jpg

DSC01834.jpg

DSC01826.jpg

PS:

Any ideas/tips for training or doing better in the final round?

Anyone else have any epic eating contest stories, or perhaps just ridiculous feast stories?

HA1L: Yeah, on Broad right near Hungary Spring.

WVU: It was a pretty cool experience, I did keep them all down, and honestly if I had more time I could've eaten more.

Mr S: They were just hot. Blazin' would've been ridiculous. My friend Scott ate 17 Blazin' in 5 minutes for the employee competition that had before the real one.

Also, VIDEO:

dont ever underestimate the skinny guys. Good Job Lad. I've done something similar, only with pizza hut. 17 slices, and it wasnt an event. Just for fun.

my friends and i got thrown out of a pizza hut one time because we went nuts on the buffet :D

and vintage i know it has been said before but that is the greatest shirt ever for that situation!

Mr S: They were just hot. Blazin' would've been ridiculous. My friend Scott ate 17 Blazin' in 5 minutes for the employee competition that had before the real one.

Glad to know they were just the "hot" flavored and not the Blazin sauce. I went to the the BW3's in Gainesville this past weekend and I had never tried the blazin ones. Well I ordered six of the blazin and six of the spicy garlic. They aren't kidding when they named that sauce Blazin. They were also SOAKED in the sauce which made it worse.

Archived