Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Romantic Comedies

Thinking Skins

There should be two scales for romantic comedies. One for the romance, and one for the comedies. These Hugh Grant movies seem to be pretty heavy on the "romance" part but pretty light on the comedy stuff....only laughs at the akward moments set up by the guy's life and his British accent.

Movies like Princess Bride or Coming to America seem to be the opposite, heavy on the comedy but light on the romance part (hence the debate about whether or not they belong in this category).

Okay, as to the thread topic...

I thought "You've Got Mail" was pretty good

the orginal was much better... "Shop around the corner" starring Jimmy Stewart

I'm old movie buff

Ninotchka

My Favorite Wife

The Man Who Came to Dinner (kind of a Romantic Comedy)

The Philadelphia Story

My Man Godfrey

June Bride

The Bride Came C.O.D.

That's my Boy

Here Comes Mr. Jordan

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Hide Out

The Last of Mrs. Cheyney

It Happened One Night

Farmers Daughter

Bringing Up Baby

Saratoga

Something about Eve

Christmas in Connecticut

Mr. Deeds Goes to Town

Ball of Fire

• 4 weeks later...

I figured I'd bring this back. I just watched 500 days of summer - decent movie, more compilcated than I like.

I'm watching P.S. I love you right now. Its a nice little idea, but short on comedy. And I thought this was the movie with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan?

I also watched Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, thought it was watchable

I also watched Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, thought it was watchable

That movie suuuuucked, man! I guess we have different tastes, probably bc we're of the opposite sex. But my boyfriend hated it, too, so maybe your taste is just wrong:silly:

That movie suuuuucked, man! I guess we have different tastes, probably bc we're of the opposite sex. But my boyfriend hated it, too, so maybe your taste is just wrong:silly:

Honestly, the movie sucked, but I LOVED the scene where he leaves the girl on the rooftop. I mean that scene alone makes it watchable.

When Harry Met Sally should be the standard. I'm surprised at anyone who doesn't have that movie in their top 5 favorite of that genre.

That being said two of my personal favorites are Groundhog Day and American President.

And a favorite I haven't seen mentioned yet, As Good as it Gets. Nicholson at his best.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived