Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: North Korea Threatens US As World Anticipates Missile (MET and please learn)

SiCkSoULjA

Wait, what?

Didn't we march right into Iraq and Afghanistan in the past 8 years losing very minimal troops?

You are right, we aren't fighting like Tyson, cause Tyson's a chump. We are fighting like Ali in his prime.

Tough crowd round these parts.

Iraq and Afghanistan, despite what our former commander in chief said, never had the capability to thoroughly nuke us once we sat foot on the sand.

We had minimal losses because we were fighting insurgents and the fact that Iraq's formal army surrendered almost immediatley.

Viet Nam is the example that comes to mind when you think of heavy losses...they also had a trained army. The last "war", IMO that we won convincingly, and without damage (much like Prime Tyson) was the Desert Storm.

Actual fighting lasted 36 hrs, during which point we thoroughly annihilated Saddam's army...

I really believe the difference between then and now is that for the first time that i can recall, we would be facing a country who would have no problem destroying itself for the sake of defeating us

True...whatever happened to good old fashioned assassination?;) One sniper bullet from a mile away, and all that.

Of course, I know nothing about the kid that's been picked to be Il's successor. I remember one of the things about Iraq, a downside that was mentioned to taking out Saddam Hussein, was that his two sons were worse than he was. Does anyone know anything about this 26 year old that is supposed to take over when Il either dies or steps down?

His youngest son will be taking over for him and is considered to be as much of a maniac and control freak as his dad.

So, what's the main reason N. Korea hates us ?

Because we're allies with S. Korea ?

Because we're against their nuclear program ?

Because their mindbogglingly incompetent and cruel regime would fall like a house of cards in a week if there was no external enemy to rally the people against.

The Korean conflict ended in 1953, but they are still fighting it. They need it to keep the people in line.

Because their mindbogglingly incompetent and cruel regime would fall like a house of cards in a week if there was no external enemy to rally the people against.

The Korean conflict ended in 1953, but they are still fighting it. They need it to keep the people in line.

well, technically it didn't end...

It wouldn't be much of a war, it would be air strikes destroying potential missle locations. I don't think anyone has a plan to invade N. Korea.

Problem is, if we do that, it'll be a war, whether we want to call it that or not.

Because the little :pooh: will start firing chemical weapons at Japan and South Korea.

And if that happens, I don't think South Korea or Japan are gonna care to listen to us explain that "well, we were only attacking missile targets".

I guess N. Korea can talk all they want. I'm sure in their eyes they have already defied the Great America. My question is: why start a fight with Mike Tyson, when you are Michael Spinx.

A better analogy would be "when you're Urkle".

And the reason is "because if Mike Tyson even clinches his fist at you, then everybody will yell that Mike Tyson is attacking you."

What i think needs to happen is the US, China, and Russia need to send a pile of ships to that area. If that little **** **** decides to do anything, it is time to open up on them. To hell with collateral damage.

How convenient that all of the collateral damage will be in our allies countries.

I am not talking nuclear weapons, i am talking about a fast massive aerial and ship based attack. To eliminate the threat, and all military assest of N. Korea in a very quick mannor.
you underestimate the scale of the N. Korean military. its huge

you underestimate the scale of the N. Korean military. its huge

Trust me i fully understand the scale of the N. Korean military. My point is if they decide to do something, us and our allies need to respond asap, and hard. That is why we would need the help of China and Russia.

Trust me i fully understand the scale of the N. Korean military. My point is if they decide to do something, us and our allies need to respond asap, and hard. That is why we would need the help of China and Russia.

You assume China and Russia care if North Korea pisses us off.

I think they dislike NK as much as we do. It was just a thought. I could be wrong, i have been before. :D

They're ideologically obligated to NK. China specifically. Russia would do it just to sit back and watch the US get in a fight.

They're not happy with L'il Kim, his starving people try to jump the border into China, and they see that problem much like we see our border problem with Mexico, without the debate, of course.

I think if push comes to shove, China may urge Kim to settle down, but I doubt they'd show themselves as on our side.

~Bang

You assume China and Russia care if North Korea pisses us off.
I think they dislike NK as much as we do. It was just a thought. I could be wrong, i have been before. :D

Oh, I suspect they dislike NK, too.

But that doesn't mean they'd be all upset to see the US initiating a third land war in Asia. With collateral damage to the economies of Japan and South Korea, too. And with the world crying that the US is picking on the little guy who didn't threaten them.

We disliked Iran, too. Doesn't mean we cried when they were in a war with Iraq, though.

They're ideologically obligated to NK. China specifically. Russia would do it just to sit back and watch the US get in a fight.

They're not happy with L'il Kim, his starving people try to jump the border into China, and they see that problem much like we see our border problem with Mexico, without the debate, of course.

I think if push comes to shove, China may urge Kim to settle down, but I doubt they'd show themselves as on our side.

~Bang

I agree, the US and China are much closer to being enemies than allies. it would take a lot for them to join us in fighting North Korea. I'm talking about something like a preemptive nuclear strike against one of their cities.

Russia and China are not close to being our Allies.

Russia, especially, will not side with us in a conflict.

I agree, the US and China are much closer to being enemies than allies. it would take a lot for them to join us in fighting North Korea. I'm talking about something like a preemptive nuclear strike against one of their cities.

Well, figure China's biggest reason to not want to be anything more than a verbal enemy of the US is that we're a HUGE customer of their new burgeoning capitalism. That and we owe them a pile of money. It's not in their best interest to see us tie that money up in another war.

Unless that's what they want to do. What's more important to them now, ideology or money? They could try to break us, but who will buy what they sell if they do?

~Bang

Well, figure China's biggest reason to not want to be anything more than a verbal enemy of the US is that we're a HUGE customer of their new burgeoning capitalism. That and we owe them a pile of money. It's not in their best interest to see us tie that money up in another war.

Unless that's what they want to do. What's more important to them now, ideology or money? They could break us, but who will buy what they sell if they do?

~Bang

I really fear this new EMAD (economically mutually assured destruction) idea the we are both too entwined in each others business to truly be enemies, so-to-speak. as soon as the dollar goes too far south China dumps us, picks up the euro and inks deals with the EU. simple as that.

I really fear this new EMAD (economically mutually assured destruction) idea the we are both too entwined in each others business to truly be enemies, so-to-speak. as soon as the dollar goes too far south China dumps us, picks up the euro and inks deals with the EU. simple as that.

But if the dollar goes south China is going to lose a lot of money (as they are sitting on a lot of dollars), and they lose a market for their goods.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but not in the manner that you suggest.

Archived