Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com - Portis denies any Current Problems with Zorn

WeThreeKingsRuleU

PFT?

you reap what you sow, and people are finally understanding the truth about PFT.

They manufacture rumors to get hits, then will cover the denial of the rumor they created again to get hits.

They also "steal" legit news by rewriting the story as if they reported it first. They use to take full credit, but after copyright issues on the net awhile back, they now include a brief acknowledgment to the original source and a link buried in the story.

PFT?

you reap what you sow, and people are finally understanding the truth about PFT.

They manufacture rumors to get hits, then will cover the denial of the rumor they created again to get hits.

They also "steal" legit news by rewriting the story as if they reported it first. They use to take full credit, but after copyright issues on the net awhile back, they now include a brief acknowledgment to the original source and a link buried in the story.

Classic tabloid journalism. Reminds me of the cable 'news' networks. The Olbermans and O'Reilys and Hannitys and Matthews manufacture stories by trashing each other, then everyone covers the back and forth for a week.

How hard would it have been for Florio to get somebody to actually ask Portis or Zorn about it? I mean, if that site were considered credible, I'd bet he could get a confirmation on whether it was true or not. As it stands now, he reports gossip and people in the NFL treat it as such. Raise your standards Florio.

As I recall, his "corroborating source" was a 6-month-old Riggins quote. Florio must have a sore back after all that hardcore digging.

Who mouths off during OTA's? Nobody's losing games or being misused or mistreated at that point. The story just doesn't make any sense and never did.

When has Clinton ever had a problem speaking about how he really feels? The only reason people know about the past spat between Zorn and Portis last season was because he was yelling about it all over the radio. Even when he had problems under Gibbs he aired it out to the public. Now all of a sudden Portis is keeping it hush hush? GTFO

It is just really hard for me to believe that people actually get paid to put out garbage like this.

Wow!

I'm guessing Florio is gone soon. He'll get the ax, I'm sure, after these comments. Holy Moses...I've never seen the word **** in journalism before. Florio you are a classless moron!

I really doubt that either of them would admit it publicly if it were true.

It's been seen and heard by many in Redskin nation. Portis' mouthiness and ego has become a staple of this team, good or bad.

He's had documented clashes with coaches over the years. The portis fanboys on this site all say that it's a conspiracy against #26, or that Portis is "The only one on this team who plays with heart", or my personal favorite "We could not win without him".

I'm glad our fans have such faith in our team. I myself would find it pathetic if Portis was truly our only offensive weapon. (And he isn't. If we had a QB who could decently throw the ball, or better yet, playcalling that doesnt look like it's out of a high school playbook, we would see other weapons emerge). I like the fact that the homers have completley forgotten about Ladell Betts (who played just like CP did in 2006), and also forgot about Cooley and Santana Moss, both who put up big games despite the ineptitude surrounding them.

Portis discussions on this board are pointless. The redskins are never going to admit the problem they have with him. The homers will always deny it even if they did confirm it.

It reminds me of how this board used to be die hard over Jason Campbell and defended him NO MATTER WHAT, or how piss poor he played on Sunday. Then, they all saw how much JC really did suck, and then the same group of posters were all of a sudden thrilled when we found out that the skins were trying to replace Campbell.

I only hope the die hard Portis supporters change their ways like the aforementioned. How he puts this team and coaches down year after year is inexcusable. How much does he have to do before people wise up about him?

:doh::doh::doh:

So I'm guessing by your statement, you don't like Portis and think he's a cancer on the level of TO? OK, I say that statement is full of ****.

Portis is one of our MAIN weapons on offense. When Portis does well, the entire offense does well and the team normally wins. Here's some stats over the years to prove this.

Redskins 2008 Record (8-8)

When Portis rushes 100+ yards (5-1)

Redskins 2007 Record (9-7)

When Portis rushes 100+ yards (3-1)

(2006 omitted due to injury - interesting we finished 5-11 the year Portis was hurt, huh? Betts did well, but the fumbling was an issue. Had 6 fumbles that year and lost 3, starting in only 9 games.)

Redskins 2005 Record (10-6)

When Portis rushes 100+ yards (7-1)

Source: http://www.nfl.com/players/clintonportis/gamelogs?id=POR792942&season=2005

So altogether, when Portis goes over the century mark, the Redskins are an amazing 15-3 (I didn't look at 2004, but I'm sure the point has been proven). Is Portis our entire offense? No, but he sparks the team and helps our offense be way more productive when he does a good job.

Simply put, the stats don't lie, and your comments are way off base. He's hardly a cancer and is the main reason this team is competitive.

Which brings me to the topic... Florio's journalism (and I use that term lightly) is nothing but a joke. He's extremely defensive in his column and seems to be more like a gossip columinst than an actual reporter. Any credibility he had is going away, and fast.

:doh::doh::doh:

So I'm guessing by your statement, you don't like Portis and think he's a cancer on the level of TO? OK, I say that statement is full of ****.

Portis is one of our MAIN weapons on offense. When Portis does well, the entire offense does well and the team normally wins. Here's some stats over the years to prove this.

Redskins 2008 Record (8-8)

When Portis rushes 100+ yards (5-1)

Redskins 2007 Record (9-7)

When Portis rushes 100+ yards (3-1)

(2006 omitted due to injury - interesting we finished 5-11 the year Portis was hurt, huh? Betts did well, but the fumbling was an issue. Had 6 fumbles that year and lost 3, starting in only 9 games.)

Redskins 2005 Record (10-6)

When Portis rushes 100+ yards (7-1)

Source: http://www.nfl.com/players/clintonportis/gamelogs?id=POR792942&season=2005

So altogether, when Portis goes over the century mark, the Redskins are an amazing 15-3 (I didn't look at 2004, but I'm sure the point has been proven). Is Portis our entire offense? No, but he sparks the team and helps our offense be way more productive when he does a good job.

Simply put, the stats don't lie, and your comments are way off base. He's hardly a cancer and is the main reason this team is competitive.

Which brings me to the topic... Florio's journalism (and I use that term lightly) is nothing but a joke. He's extremely defensive in his column and seems to be more like a gossip columinst than an actual reporter. Any credibility he had is going away, and fast.

lol we barely have a passing game so I say he's the entire offense, the Steelers knew that to.

I'm guessing Florio is gone soon. He'll get the ax, I'm sure, after these comments. Holy Moses...I've never seen the word **** in journalism before. Florio you are a classless moron!

FYI to everyone, up until NBC bought PFT last week, Florio owned the website. It was his. Even though NBC now owns it, they're not going to fire him since he's basically the entire operation. At worst, they'd sell it back to him or to someone else, but the fact is, Florio and PFT aren't going anywhere.

You know who else uses stuff they get that they think readers will find interesting, without any regard to accuracy?

Tabloids. Guess what, make up any wild story and people will find it interesting. It doesnt mean it should be printed. PFT is just a football tabloid. Fun for wild headlines, but useless for actual information.

you know who else uses stuff they get that they think readers will find interesting, without any regard to accuracy?

Tabloids. Guess what, make up any wild story and people will find it interesting. It doesnt mean it should be printed. Pft is just a football tabloid. Fun for wild headlines, but useless for actual information.

exactly

When has Clinton ever had a problem speaking about how he really feels? ... Now all of a sudden Portis is keeping it hush hush? GTFO

:D As much as some in Redskins Nation complain about C.P shutting up and keeping issues "in house". You would think people would've figured this latest "flare up" was b.s:silly::doh::chair:.

Archived