Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com - Portis denies any Current Problems with Zorn

WeThreeKingsRuleU

Just for the record, so everyone knows, this IS a PFT article, I just thought a few of the quotes were hysterical so I wanted to share:

Redskins running back Clinton Portis has denied our recent report that he has demonstrated disrespect to coach Jim Zorn during offseason workouts.

How this story came about, I have no idea,” Portis told David Elfin of the Washington Times. “There’s nothing going on. There’s no beef between me and Coach Zorn. We’re on good terms at this present moment. There’s no problem.”

Portis admitted that there was a past “flareup” with Zorn, but that it happened “a long time ago.”

Portis also told Elfin that we (as in PFT) are trying to make trouble where none exists.

Clinton, we honestly don’t give a ****. We use the stuff we get that we think our readers will find interesting. And when a credible source tells us that you mouthed off to your head coach during offseason workouts and another credible source corroborates the notion that you have no regard for Zorn, then it’s something we’re going to share with our audience.

And we assume that Redskins fans (including some bloggers who lack the ability to be objective because they’re more concerned about seeing their favorite team be successful than they are about getting to the truth) will blindly accept the version of the events being told by Portis and quarterback Jason Campbellmag-glass_10x10.gif and anyone else with a vested interest in keeping the team’s dirty laundry in the locker room.

The players and the team have an even greater incentive to keep any Portis-Zorn problems from offseason workouts under wraps if, as it appears, the player and the coach are mending fences.

“Me and Coach [Joe] Gibbs had a great relationship,” Portis said. “We talked more than me and Coach Zorn do, but lately me and Coach Zorn been talking, trying to get on the same page. Things been going good. He understand me and I understand him.”

This implies that, prior to “lately,” there problems between the two men. And it’s possible (baseless speculation alert) that Portis now understands that, if Zorn goes after the 2009 season, Portis might not be too far behind him.

Click link for full article: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/22/portis-denies-any-current-problems-with-zorn/

"Clinton, honestly we don't give a ****". :hysterical: UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR!!!

Clinton we don't have to be accurate!! We just want to write whatever we think will get the most attention. So deal with it. Ps, we think your gonna be gone soon.........

That's the most ass backwards admittance of terrible reporting ive ever heard

Florio posts negative articles and blogs about the skins and it's usually baseless. I think he hates the skins...my reason for thinking this is because after he posts his baseless "story", he gives his opinion on the matter and it's almost always bashing one of the skins players or the team in general.

PFT is terrible - after the Portis statements Florio goes onto how to back up that the original article is more likely true than false. Florio is just trying to get PFT some attention, and he did. Here is a quote:

“This implies that, prior to “lately,” there problems between the two men. {NO CRAP, we’ve seen it and heard it first hand} And it’s possible (baseless speculation alert) that Portis now understands that, if Zorn goes after the 2009 season, Portis might not be too far behind him.”

I love how he adds in “baseless speculation alert”. If it’s baseless, don’t write it MORON!

Florio needs to learn to like baseball, do better things in the offseason.

"Oh, you mean we were wrong, and caught with our pants down on it? Well in that case, we don't even give a ****! We're just trying to put the interesting stuff out there, you can believe us or them!"......hmmmm

PFT is terrible - after the Portis statements Florio goes onto how to back up that the original article is more likely true than false. Florio is just trying to get PFT some attention, and he did. Here is a quote:

“This implies that, prior to “lately,” there problems between the two men. {NO CRAP, we’ve seen it and heard it first hand} And it’s possible (baseless speculation alert) that Portis now understands that, if Zorn goes after the 2009 season, Portis might not be too far behind him.”

I love how he adds in “baseless speculation alert”. If it’s baseless, don’t write it MORON!

Florio needs to learn to like baseball, do better things in the offseason.

I think that he should just have put the "(baseless speculation alert)" right after the heading, before anything else was written, just get it out of the way....for all of his "articles"....

Well Mike Florio did it again. He either made up the whole thing up or said some old bit of news from months ago and now he's eating crow....Again. How is it possible that no one has sued this guy for making up stuff?

I like how he says, "some bloggers who can't be objective", when some of those bloggers are unobjective the other way (the way Florio is, apparently). You know if something like this happened that the Post would be all over it. The fact that PFT is the only source of this story makes me believe that the story is bull.

Haha, I like his position. "Just because you deny it doesn't mean it's not true!"

You can use that logic in so many areas. Doesn't mean it's a valid argument, especially considering the track record of PFT (Florio in particular) making up stories out of thin air based on mystical "Unnamed Sources".

That's the best thing I've heard. I'm going to use that all the time now. If someone denies something, I'll just tell them that just because they say they didn't do it, doesn't mean they didn't do it! Brilliant!

This implies that, prior to “lately,” there problems between the two men.

We all knew there were problems at one point. If Florio is taking a 6-month old story and using it to support his new claim that there are growing tensions between Clinton and Zorn, then Florio's an even bigger idiot and weasel than I thought.

Clinton, we honestly don’t give a ****. We use the stuff we get that we think our readers will find interesting. And when a credible source tells us that you mouthed off to your head coach during offseason workouts and another credible source corroborates the notion that you have no regard for Zorn, then it’s something we’re going to share with our audience.

“Me and Coach [Joe] Gibbs had a great relationship,” Portis said. “We talked more than me and Coach Zorn do, but lately me and Coach Zorn been talking, trying to get on the same page. Things been going good. He understand me and I understand him.” This implies that, prior to “lately,” there problems between the two men. And it’s possible (baseless speculation alert) that Portis now understands that, if Zorn goes after the 2009 season, Portis might not be too far behind him.

• Wow. Lets break down this beacon of professionalism.

We use the stuff we get that we think our readers will find interesting.

Not the stuff you judge to be credible? Isnt that yellow journalism? trying to create a sensationalist response aka stirring the pot? I wish I could say I was suprised.

• This implies that, prior to “lately,” there problems between the two men.

Um... yeah==> Portis admitted that there was a past “flareup” with Zorn, but that it happened “a long time ago.”

Wow, so Portis agreed with what you said and you still want to try to make it sound like theres some avoidance of the issues? Good work there.

• And it’s possible (baseless speculation alert) that Portis now understands that, if Zorn goes after the 2009 season, Portis might not be too far behind him

So Portis understands that once theres only $4.4 million garunteed left on his deal he could be moved? EARTH SHATTERING DEDUCTION.

Then he has a nerve to take a shot and not only fans (people who arent even in the same profession as him), but other professionals who pointed how how poor a job he did of being a journalist.

I just signed up to post the comment under DCAdam, and that's all I have to say on the specific topic. Generally speaking though, Florio is really terrible at the rumors, so for those of you who freak out whenever he posts something, his sources (if they exist at all) have a very shoddy track record, so just take PFT with a grain of salt.

Archived