Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So I've decide to become a Skins fan......info needed

Dr Drunkenstein

One thing is for sure....the upper level nose bleed seats are terrible. We had season tickets located near the top of the stadium and they were so bad we gave them up. If you need binocluars to see the names on the jerseys, its pretty much a bummer IMO....not to mention we had people all around us who acted like they were half asleep.

CLUB LEVEL IS THE TICKET!!!!

GTFO! If you need binoculars to see the names maybe you should be wearing glasses besides if you don't know the players by number maybe you need to be in the club seats.

It's cool though not everyone can handle the uppers. :silly:

One thing is for sure....the upper level nose bleed seats are terrible. We had season tickets located near the top of the stadium and they were so bad we gave them up. If you need binocluars to see the names on the jerseys, its pretty much a bummer IMO....not to mention we had people all around us who acted like they were half asleep.

CLUB LEVEL IS THE TICKET!!!!

The big numbers that the players wear on all sides are actually clues to their identity:)

I understand your perspective but moving to Florida as a Redskins fan is a completely different thing than having a franchise leave a town.

As a former Rams fan, I can sympathize with that. Franchise removal is probably the worst thing that goes on in pro sports. Having said that, the Ravens and Art Modell did it the right way--if there is such a thing--and the Cardinals, Colts, Rams, (and their respective sociopathic owners) etc. did it the wrong way (sorry I can't recall the Oilers/Texans situation), because eventually Cleveland fans got their Browns back.

There're several other ethical/legal dimensions to why it's FR is so wrong, but mainly it's because it strikes at the core of what being a fan is all about (real fans would never support a removed franchise). One of the reasons I became a Skins fan is it's highly unlikely they will ever be ripped away from their fans by an owner who thinks he/she is more important (hopefully).

We can always add more Skins fans. There are fans who drink but most of them are not obnoxious. Never felt that it was not safe to go to games. My sister lives in Houston.You will really enjoy this Extremeskins stuff. Especially after a game if we lose because you will see tons of Monday morning quarterbacks giving their views!! Enjoy your move to D.C.

Welcome.

The Saints game is in December (Week 13) so it wouldn't be that early. The enviroment at Fedex is harmless, of course your kids will hear a few cuss words as you expect but nothing bad. And might I suggest picking up this for you and your kids, http://www.buy.com/prod/nfl-history-of-the-washington-redskins/q/loc/322/208345360.html It's a great buy and has tons of information and of course, just ask us if you have in any questions. It will be a pleasure chatting/debating with you on here, enjoy :)

Ok.

You're in. :)

:welcome:

Wait wait wait!! I thought you had to kill a cowboy fan before you could become a redskin fan?!? Now you are saying all i had to do was hate them?? What a waste of a good bullet :cool2:

I'm relocating to the DC area from Houston for work. I was a lifelong Oiler fan until they moved and although I had season tickets to the Texans for their first two years, their organizational incompetence was too much for me to deal with.

If organization incompetence is something you're averse to, I suggest you look elsewhere.

i would strongly advise not bringing your kids to the upper level of Fedex. The lower level, like many have already said, is alright as long as you know what to expect going to an NFL game.

Yeah, because you know us savages in the UL! We're blue collar, train workers who drink whiskey on the job, and buy hookers on the weekend. Oh, and we also pee all over anyone sitting below us. :)

UL is fine. I will proudly bring my daughter there, as soon as she's ready to even comprehend a game. So what if people curse a little? We are TOO damn PC nowadays, cursing is real life - if you can't explain it to your kids, then why even go to a game with them? This is a big boys game last I checked, not the Jonas Brothers.

All I know what matters at a game:

Quiet on Offense

Stand and Scream your ass off on 1-2-3 or 4th on the oppositions offense

Everything else is relative, and with explanation

Hail! :logo:

as far as fights go at fed ex i havent seen one but i've only been to five games.

Now the overall fan experience at fed ex is not good. parking is horrible and it will take you a LONG time just to get to the freeway not to mention the traffic when you hit the beltway. food is expensive and you will learn why the redskins are the most profitable franchise after you make your first food run.

Expect a so-so team year in and year out. thats the way it works around here.

However we are a very loyal fan base we support our team through thick and thin. if you want to come on board i just want to let you know what you are getting into

as far as fights go at fed ex i havent seen one but i've only been to five games.

Now the overall fan experience at fed ex is not good. parking is horrible and it will take you a LONG time just to get to the freeway not to mention the traffic when you hit the beltway. food is expensive and you will learn why the redskins are the most profitable franchise after you make your first food run.

Expect a so-so team year in and year out. thats the way it works around here.

However we are a very loyal fan base we support our team through thick and thin. if you want to come on board i just want to let you know what you are getting into

WoW..... been to 5 games and you are seriously going to comment on the game day experience?!!?

I park in the same spot every game, takes me less than 5 minutes to get from my parking spot in the green lot to the beltway, I never have to buy food in the stadium and we always have a good time.

Been to any other stadiums? checked league wide prices for concessions??

This isnt entirely directed at you (yours is just the straw), I can't believe the amount of posters that are trying to talk a new fan out of being one.... Just un-freakin-real to me.

I'm curious: why is it that, since you were an Oilers fan, that you don't support the Titans?

I'm curious, why is it that, since you live in virginia, and the ravens have only been around for a handful of years, that you don't support the redskins? :evilg: j/k

Why? please elaborate.....

It's quite obvious. The 400 level is filled with nothing but second class citizens.:silly:

And welcome aboard to our new Skins fan. Your insight on Orakpo already has me liking you. Of course, your hatred of the Cowboys makes you all the better.

Take a moment and go over to the Tailgate during your time here. It's a great thing to do when there is nothing left to bicker about during the off season.

I'm relocating to the DC area from Houston for work. I was a lifelong Oiler fan until they moved and although I had season tickets to the Texans for their first two years, their organizational incompetence was too much for me to deal with.

Coming from Houston, I've always hated the mother ******* Cowboys so that gives me a solids foundation for Redskins fandom right there and as a Texas-ex, I've seen every college game that Rak has ever played so I'll be pulling huge for his success.

A question for you guys, I have two boys, 6 & 8, that love football. I'm going to buy some decent seats (scalper if need be) for an early season game (maybe the Saints) and I have never been to FedEx field before.......is it a cool environment for kids? Some stadiums are & some aren't. I'm fine with them hearing a profanity or two but if there are fights everywhere or if it is out of control, I'd like to know in advance.

It depends on the section. Some sections are OK. Some are not. It depends on who sits there.

The tailgate scene might be a little R-rated, especially the crowds that smoke weed out in the parking lot. It is what you make it.

Wait wait wait!! I thought you had to kill a cowboy fan before you could become a redskin fan?!? Now you are saying all i had to do was hate them?? What a waste of a good bullet :cool2:

anything that makes it so that there is one less dallas fan in the world cannot be a complete waste:cool::cool2::cool:

i would strongly advise not bringing your kids to the upper level of Fedex. The lower level, like many have already said, is alright as long as you know what to expect going to an NFL game.

I've taken the young'un to Jacksonville and would take her to Charlotte, but I'd feel a little wary of putting her in 223 and therebouts in FedEx's OV (obstructed view; see sig) section. Language is worse than Jax and Charlotte. A fair amount of contrived tension with fans of other teams. I don't know... it's fun to go, but not exactly kid friendly, and worse than I expected when I first showed up.

Of course OV tends to, as I understand it, get a disproportional number of visitors. And let's face it, if I wasn't taking the train from the Carolinas and was a MARTA away from FedEx, the kids would be going.

And yeah, as everyone's said, minus a few moves under Gibbs II, hello organizational incompetence. Some signs it's gotten better... at least Snyder's learned to throw money at *young* players now... but I'm not sure anyone's impressed with the pseudo-GM(s). Hey, we like Jason Campbell! I mean Jay Cutler! I mean Sanchez! I mean Campbell was the man all along. And hiring your OC before your HC likely on the recommendation of Jim Fassel (who is coaching where now? Oh yeah, the UFL), and then promoting him to HC because you're out of options? Serious confidence building there. I like Zorn, but that doesn't mean the hire, even if it turns out great, makes me more confident in the FO's abilities to manage a team.

Will be interesting to see what the Titans do at QB, I guess, but let's face it, you're just following Haynesworth. ;) As someone who, according to family legend, has been cheering for the Skins since about three or four, I hate hearing that someone has "decided to become a fan". I think you're all but born into it, right? But if someone was going to pick a team instead of letting the team pick them, you could do a lot worse... ;)

Archived