Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Braves Release Tom Glavine Should Redskins Sign Him"

The Waterboy

You know he might be ok, but i don't know if our receivers would be used to catching balls low and away, 1/4 in inside the strike zone, coming at them at 98mph.

He hasn't thrown 98 for years. Now if we could pry away Tommy "Gun" Hanson, then we'd have someone who could, in the immortal words of Jonathan Moxon's father, "fire that ******* pigskin!"

Another thread making fun of the "should we sign him"... lame

Not to mention he tried to make his own catch phrase... Its kinda like when George Castanza tried to nickname himself T-bone

Im going to make a thread that disses the threads that diss the "should we sign him" threads

He hasn't thrown 98 for years. Now if we could pry away Tommy "Gun" Hanson, then we'd have someone who could, in the immortal words of Jonathan Moxon's father, "fire that ******* pigskin!"

He did the other night with the Rome Braves just before they cut him. I was there and they flashed it on the board. He's still good for about 4 innings.

He did the other night with the Rome Braves just before they cut him. I was there and they flashed it on the board. He's still good for about 4 innings.

Really? I keep hearing he was at 87-89. Regardless, I think it was the right move, and I've been telling people who are mad about it the same things that people were saying after Jansen...it's like ripping a band aide off, hurts now, but will be better in the long run. It never easy or fun to wack an aging vet who did everything asked of him for the team. One of the reasons I'm glad I'm not a GM.

Really? I keep hearing he was at 87-89. Regardless, I think it was the right move, and I've been telling people who are mad about it the same things that people were saying after Jansen...it's like ripping a band aide off, hurts now, but will be better in the long run. It never easy or fun to wack an aging vet who did everything asked of him for the team. One of the reasons I'm glad I'm not a GM.

You're right about it hurting but helping in the long run.

Tommy Hanson is making his debut Saturday! Hopefully he'll turn out to be the pitcher he's projected to be.

At 43 years old it would be a risky pickup. I hear Roger Clemens is getting bored with whatever he does now.

Since the NFL doesn't really crack down on steroids, Clemens would fit in well. :silly: Actually, he might have a football player's nastiness. Remember when he threw the bat at Piazza? Maybe he could take the rough game of football! :silly:

Think about the locker room leadership he would bring to the team. Then again, as a Mets fan I have just realized that my blind hatred of anyone who has/does/will ever play for Atlanta prevents me from endorsing them for anything ever anywhere. :saber:

+1 I couldn't even bring myself to joke about signing Glavine as a Redskin. It was painful enough when the Mets signed him and I actually had to root for the guy! (Mets/Redskin fan here, too!)

Tommy Hanson is making his debut Saturday! Hopefully he'll turn out to be the pitcher he's projected to be.

They pushed him back to Sunday because of the rain out last night. You know how pissed all those fans that rushed out and got Saturday night tickets are now? I would be too, but thats just what happens in baseball sometimes.

Archived