Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Long Wait Over, Kelly Is Full-Go At Practice

flexxskins

I did'nt see this posted anywhere and this is for those who have'nt made it over to Redskins.com lately.:)

This is fantastic news.

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

Posted: June 1, 2009

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/After_Long_Wait__Kelly_Is_Full_Go_At_Practice_38824.jsp

Malcolm Kelly pulled in a pass on a slant pattern, adjusting his body mid-route because the throw was slightly behind him.

He landed on his knee and turned up-field in the same motion.

Finally, Kelly’s knee was healthy enough to allow him to flash the potential the Redskins saw in him in the 2008 NFL Draft.

He was back on the Redskins Park practice fields on Monday, full-go in his return from a bothersome knee injury.

“It has been a long time coming,” Kelly said after practice. “I was anxious to go out there, run a route and feel the ball hit my hands.”

Kelly has been running pass routes individually for the last month. The difference this week has been competing against defensive backs.

“It’s one thing to run against air, but when you have actual defensive backs, it makes it a little more complicated,” he said. “A lot of the route-running I was doing, coaches made sure I was cutting on the leg I had surgery on. My knee has reacted well for a whole month now.”

Click on link above for full article.

Cant wait for him to show his stuff this year. I said it last year, Kelly will be better then Devin.

I am pulling for all three of them to pan out. They all have plenty of potential and the ability, its just a matter of showing it on the field. It takes time for receivers.

We can get away with Campbell being a game managing QB if the other skill positions do their part to make plays. It's put up or shut up time for all the skill position players, especially "Malcomb" Kelly. Cooley? Moss? Talking about ya'll, too.

Wow, 6 posts in and no Kelly haters yet. I'm waiting for someone to chime in a and say one of the following:

A. "His knees are done, he'll be cut by the start of the season."

B. "Everybody knew his knees were terrible, that is why some teams took him off their board."

C. "So and so said he has the worst knees he's ever seen."

I have faith in MK!

Cant wait for him to show his stuff this year. I said it last year, Kelly will be better then Devin.

With you all the way down the line bro. :cheers:

Dude was a beast at OU, and by all accounts, he's been head and shoulders above everyone when he has gotten out on the practice field. I've argued many times on here that he was the best receiver in the '08 draft, even given his knee problem, which is hopefully now behind him.

This dude is a future #1 receiver, and if Thomas can come through too, we could have a real nice tandem in future years.

Excellent news that he's full go in practice. The next big step will be when we pad up and he takes hits.

Here's hoping the knee hold's up, 'cos if it does, this guys gona' be a star. :fingersx:

Hail.

I was waiting for some1 to post this story. I read it on the Skins page. I was excited about what I read. Sounds promising. So far his knee seems to have recovered. He will compete for a starting position

Gear down big shifters... if this O-Line isn't worth a damn, we have no chance of Malcolm Kelly making an impact. And if he cant figure out the playbook, you can REALLY forget it!

It was Thomas that had problems with the playbook, not Kelly

Archived