Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most irritating vernacular on ES (and other boards)

FightingIrishman

I also hate when people mimic "Hi there". I don't see whats wrong with El. its short and simple. There is no need to go typing out both parts of his last name. Do you think ARE minds?

No. But that's not his name, his entire last name is Randle El. Is it ok to call Kareem Abdul Jabbar, just Abdul? Or Maurice Jones-Drew just Jones, or Drew? If you don't want to type his entire name, use ARE.

I can't stand the thread cops. It gets annoying in the Stadium when someone makes a thread and the first ten responses are from wannabe mods who have nothing to say except to complain about the thread being made.

Probably the same crowd that calls 911 on their cell phone when someone goes by them 5 MPH over the speed limit.

~Bang

No. But that's not his name, his entire last name is Randle El. Is it ok to call Kareem Abdul Jabbar, just Abdul? Or Maurice Jones-Drew just Jones, or Drew?

What do you mean OK? This isn't published work we are talking about. This is a simple message board where we are trying to communicate a message from one person to others. As long as you understand what the other person is saying, that is really all that matters. Its not offensive, so why should there be a problem.

Everyone gets knicknames to make it easy. Its OK

What do you mean OK? This isn't published work we are talking about. This is a simple message board where we are trying to communicate a message from one person to others. As long as you understand what the other person is saying, that is really all that matters. Its not offensive, so why should there be a problem.

Everyone gets knicknames to make it easy. Its OK

The point of this thread is vernacular that is irritating. It irritates me, so don't try to persuade me otherwise. I'm not irritated by other things people listed in this thread like +1, or fail.

Not sure EL or Randle is ARE's "knickname". I think ARE is his nickname, and I'm ok with that.

I agree with the thread police thing. That goes back to the "Hi there" I mentioned earlier.

Oh yeah, and the "in before the lock or close" posts.

The point of this thread is vernacular that is irritating. It irritates me, so don't try to persuade me otherwise. I'm not irritated by other things people listed in this thread like +1, or fail.

Not sure EL or Randle is ARE's "knickname". I think ARE is his nickname, and I'm ok with that.

I agree with the thread police thing. That goes back to the "Hi there" I mentioned earlier.

Fair enough, I was trying to understand it more than anything.

:cheers:

i get tired of the profootballtalk.com hate.

not saying it is the Bible of Fact, but we get it, we get it - "national enquirer of the nfl"

its pretty easy to hang on the few instances they have been wrong, but you know what? pft has broken a TON of stories, and speculated on events before anyone else - events that wind up happening.

they are no better or worse than most of ESPN.

but the whole "source is pft? what a joke" stuff - we get it. you think its a joke. comment on the article - dont spend 9 pages talking about how whack you think pft is.

have they been wrong? of course, just like everyone else has. but they also have a good amoutn of credibility as well.

Another thing I hate is......

"______ is an Idiot!!!" when referring to a media personality. I mean do folks really think they know more or better than someone with an inside view or inside sources?

This includes JLC et al.

ALSO

"Snyder is an Idiot. Vinny is an Idiot." type posts..... like the poster could do any better. Make a billion dollars then cry foul.

I can't stand the thread cops. It gets annoying in the Stadium when someone makes a thread and the first ten responses are from wannabe mods who have nothing to say except to complain about the thread being made.

Probably the same crowd that calls 911 on their cell phone when someone goes by them 5 MPH over the speed limit.

~Bang

Or when they don't get their chicken nuggets.

One I hate is "years to come". Not sure why, I guess because it's typically used when describing a ROOKIES ability to solidify a particular group on the O or D. Like saying Orakpo will make the DLine formidable for years to come.

1) Accusations of someone being a "hater". What are we, children?

2) This is edging off topic but people with screen names that proclaim themselves as some kind of expert. Then they open their mouth and.... :doh:

If you aren't familiar with what I'm talking about, spend some time in the stadium.

Archived