Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most irritating vernacular on ES (and other boards)

FightingIrishman

"Getting the ball at its highest point"...it would make sense if it was getting the ball at his highest point...but they never get the ball at its highest point.

And why can't people just say "in single coverage" instead of having to go to the stupid "all alone on an island"...it is a stupid phrase

+1

Oh, and I actually dislike +1, add to the statement, compliment it or :applaud: it, just copying a large quote and saying me too is a waste of bandwidth.

People who can't get the smilies right.

It's applause, not applaud.

EDIT:

"I just threw up in my mouth a little."

Come on folks hehehe.... get original please.

I really hate it when people say

"I just threw up in my mouth a little bit"

People who don't read the whole thread :slap:

No offense taken. Touche tho..... your stupid "joke / prank" threads are way over done, so if you can handle m8 then I can handle your threads. Hey, at least mine is just a phrase and not entire threads of rubbish. :silly:

~~Cheers m8 :D

no offense taken...but i'll fire off some insults...which make no sense. care to direct me to said threads, m8? i think i've started 2 total threads since you joined, noob. :silly:

I hate the term, "Dallas Cowboys"....It's the WYOMING COWBOYS. We had it first. Texas had gaucho's or vaquero's or something. They took the name of a fine American icon and turned it into a dispicable term.

Kidding aside, I really hate the mancard or fancard, terms.

Any type of "leet speak." It's so 90's and doesn't make you look smart....unless you are going for the smartarse teenager tag.
LOL! You are prolly right M8.

Leet speak? M8? I have no idea what you are referring to.

Apparently, a lot of people have WAY too much time on their hands. Letting message board "vernacular" bother them this much is a bit crazy. Relax...step outside every once in awhile...enjoy the sunshine. Bottom line...don't sweat the small stuff.

:)

ES specific:

"::insert backup QB:: is the future of this franchise"

"We need to fire ::current coach:: and bring in a proven winner like ::trendy coach of the year::"

Meassge boards in general, some of these are annoying attitudes, rather than actual phrases:

"There's already a thread about this, search the archives" (when said thread is several months old)

"You misspelled something, therefore I can't take your argument seriously"

"My life experience relating to this topic trumps any and all well-reasoned arguments"

"If you disagree you are racist/antisemitic/baby-eater"

"You only have ::X number:: posts, so you are clearly inferior"

"I LOLed/ROFLed"

You know, I should stop now, this could go on for quite a while. God I love the interwebs.:D

Archived