Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Jason La Canfora (JLC or JLac) to NFL Network

GenMgr

What about when Scott Campbell was promoted and Louis Riddick was fired?...JLC first put words/thoughts into Riddick's mouth by claiming he was "sure" Riddick was upset at not being fired by Vinny or Snyder directly...THEN he goes on to say "word around the league" was that Vinny felt "threatened" by Riddick's supposed awesomeness and THAT was the real reason he was fired lol :doh:...

First off, many of us highly doubted that there was "word around the league" about Vinny on this...more likely JLC using vague, anonymous "sources" to channel his own opinions through and make it seem like he's not the only one thinking this...which would be a pretty cowardly way of taking unwarranted jabs at Vinny in a public newspaper's website. Secondly, even IF there was some "word around the league" about Vinny feeling threatened, it doesn't mean that including that gossipy speculation was warranted or necessary. JLC could have said "Some guys might have wondered, but so what" and kept it out of his article. That's what a GOOD beat reporter would have done.

I suspect that JLC really did make up the "word around the league" part because his next article/entry was this fluff piece on why Riddick should have been seen as a great personnel man and why his firing should be seen as suspect...it came across loudly as something he needed to do due to his claiming that maybe Vinny felt threatened by Riddick (as asinine an assumption as they come). He was trying hard to show why that speculation should be taken seriously...and all it did was look like he was covering his ass.

What about when Scott Campbell was promoted and Louis Riddick was fired?...JLC first put words/thoughts into Riddick's mouth by claiming he was "sure" Riddick was upset at not being fired by Vinny or Snyder directly...THEN he goes on to say "word around the league" was that Vinny felt "threatened" by Riddick's supposed awesomeness and THAT was the real reason he was fired lol :doh:...

First off, many of us highly doubted that there was "word around the league" about Vinny on this...more likely JLC using vague, anonymous "sources" to channel his own opinions through and make it seem like he's not the only one thinking this...which would be a pretty cowardly way of taking unwarranted jabs at Vinny in a public newspaper's website. Secondly, even IF there was some "word around the league" about Vinny feeling threatened, it doesn't mean that including that gossipy speculation was warranted or necessary. JLC could have said "Some guys might have wondered, but so what" and kept it out of his article. That's what a GOOD beat reporter would have done.

I suspect that JLC really did make up the "word around the league" part because his next article/entry was this fluff piece on why Riddick should have been seen as a great personnel man and why his firing should be seen as suspect...it came across loudly as something he needed to do due to his claiming that maybe Vinny felt threatened by Riddick (as asinine an assumption as they come). He was trying hard to show why that speculation should be taken seriously...and all it did was look like he was covering his ass.

Course, now Riddick works as a scout for the Eagles. I guess they haven't recognized his greatness either....

The guys on NFLN are still the local beat reporters...I dont think anything is changing guys except now JLC has a national stage to bash us on.

75 posts in & someone has a clue. :)

BLC, to claim you thought the Team got to choose it's beat reporter for the WP that is employed by the WP has got to be the absolute stupidest thing anyone has ever posted here in the history of ES. No one should ever take you as being remotely serious from here on out.

BLC, to claim you thought the Team got to choose it's beat reporter for the WP that is employed by the WP has got to be the absolute stupidest thing anyone has ever posted here in the history of ES. No one should ever take you as being remotely serious from here on out.

Dear God!!

:hysterical::hysterical:

Well, in his defense nobody really took him very seriously before now, either :yes:

that was a typo mistake on my part, i forgot JLC even worked for the WaPo.

and califan, for not taking me seriously, you sure seem to respond to a ton of my posts. seems like both of you should have me on ignore if im this stupid.

So he's gone for good now?!?!?!?!?!

Far from it, and its the exact opposite. He is now a Redskins hater who has national air time. So lump him in with Cowherd, Skip, Salisbury that throw salt like rice at weddings at the Redskins....maybe not the same network, but that makes it even worse.

NFLN Adds Another Insider

Posted by Mike Florio on May 28, 2009, 3:12 p.m.

Redskins beat writer Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post is heading to NFL Network, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us.

La Canfora will join a stable of NFL reporters that has been filling the shoes previously occupied by Adam Schefter.

Schefter, though still technically employed by NFLN, will be moving to ESPN after his contract expires in August.

Because the network is owned by the league, it’s essentially owned in equally-sized 1/32nd chunks by the teams. And so, in a roundabout way, La Canfora will be working for the franchise whose Executive V.P. of Football Operations he accused of slander last year.

“He is a making a mockery of fact and reality and trying to play people for fools,” La Canfora wrote in an e-mail regarding a dispute with Vinny Cerrato over the question of whether his comments about former Raiders coach Lane Kiffin constituted tampering.

“It’s [a] pathetic attempt to slander me,” La Canfora said, “but not surprising in the least given who it is coming from.”

So now La Canfora and Cerrato are, in a weird sort of way, colleagues.

that was a typo mistake on my part, i forgot JLC even worked for the WaPo.

and califan, for not taking me seriously, you sure seem to respond to a ton of my posts. seems like both of you should have me on ignore if im this stupid.

Depends...some days, I'm just not in the mood to suffer fools lightly lol :cool:

And I've never put anyone on "ignore" during my entire time here. Nobody here effects me enough to the point I'd even think of doing that lol :yes:

That's pure BS.

Maybe you don't remember him but Mark Maske was a damn good beat reporter for the Skins.

In my time here at ES, I never remember Maske getting criticized on the level of Nunyo and JLC.

Nunyo and JLC had to reach the bar that Maske set and all it would've taken to get just half way there was solid journalism....and neither could do it.

Is it too much to ask from a beat reporter to leave his Ravens tainted opinion out of Redskins articles or in Nunyo's case, at least know who in the hell you're writing about??

Snyder has a personal beef with the Post and the minions are slurping it up. It won't matter if Shirley Povich was reincarnated the huddled masses would still hate him.

lol, what can i say? great minds think alike! :cheers:

but were both right, you know whoever it is, the second he doesnt drool all over the first redskins 13 point performance he'll be labeled a hater who just wants to go network.

We have had "Beat Writers" before who weren't hated. They just reported the facts instead of trying to create the news. Mark Maske was one that comes to mind. He just reported the news in an honest manner and didn't try to cause problems. I wish Jason the best. I just hope he really tries to not cause ill feelings.

Moving on...

If they keep Jason Reid as the beat writer, I'd be quite pleased. He's been even-handed with the team and has written interesting feature pieces and blog posts. Hopefully the team won't blackball him like they did JLC (though I understand why the 'Skins did).

Yes, Thank god. I'm suprised he got that gig though. I'm sure NFL Network will be sorry. He doesn't even give any breaking new for the Redskins so how is he gonna give it for the entire NFL? SERSIOUSLY. Schefter is actually pretty good, I really don't see how JLC can replace him.

wonder who theyll replace him with.

whoever it is, everyone here will hate them just the same. lol

One thing fans must remember is that WaPo has a rule that whoever they hire MUST hate the Redskins. Its part of their litmus test.

A ravens fan as the Redskins insider.

....kool

Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for him when I heard him on 1370 practically gushing over the Ravens.

Point out where I ever said nobody claimed to like Larry Michael. I didn't.

My response was to the idea that the "70%" you mentioned all "loved" the Larry Michael "propoganda machine", when it's clear that the majority here ridicule him no matter what side of the fence they may be on concerning JLC. For every person who has claimed they love LM, there are probably 5 who have ridiculed him on this site.

As much as I dislike Larry Michaels for his "homerism", I like the segments of his show with interviews and especially the blogger Matt Terl. The parts with the two of them together seems a lot less homerish than the ol' "we've got the best team in football Michaels"

Nice promotion.

He seems to get bashed around here way too often.

He says the team is mediocre, that is what they are unfortunately.

Most of the problem with JLC didn't stem from him thinking the team was mediocre, it stemmed from his "sources" unveiling false information as reasons for our mediocrity, many of whose resons have been denied or proven to be untrue.

Archived