Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Jason La Canfora (JLC or JLac) to NFL Network

GenMgr

No link, but his handling of the Derick Frost situation was abominable. He took a text from a disgruntled kicker who was on his way out, blew it out of proportion, and then published it. Frost recanted, and JLC had to explain why...

JLC took **** personal, which is rule numero uno in the "Real Journalists don't do this type of thing rule book." Evidence that he caught feelings is in his little rant on Vinny's slander. I guess my point is, if you are a legitimate journalist and have done your job correctly, that situation would never, ever arise. If you will recall, JLC was trying to "make" news by injecting himself into the story when he wrote the NFL attempting to point out a possible violation of league rules. He is a rat, and a horrible ethicist when it comes to journalistic integrity. Hell hath no fury like a d-bag beat reporter scorned.

That's right I forgot about that. He was such a douche I forgot all of the things that he did!

Here's what PFT said about JLC's "tampering" issue with Vinny and Kiffin:

That last part, in bold, came through loudly and clearly not only to Skins fans here, but to the likes of PFT writers. That ALONE should cause everyone to question JLC's motivations in his reporting, and make fans dislike the guy. I'm positive I, and others, can and will point out other times when he's let his agenda dictate his blogging and his articles. And I'm positive you won't acknowledge any of it as being valid reasons to dislike the guy.

wait, so now im supposed to believe what PFT writes? i thought they were the spewers of lies and made up stories that have no relevance?

or is that only when its stories you dont wanna hear or believe?

(this isnt directed at you by the way, i forget how you feel about PFT, but there are plenty here who discredit that site constantly, so for you to use it as a reference is kinda double standard)

No link, but his handling of the Derick Frost situation was abominable. He took a text from a disgruntled kicker who was on his way out, blew it out of proportion, and then published it. Frost recanted, and JLC had to explain why...

Another good example :yes:...it was one of the very few times almost everyone on this site had the same viewpoint and agreed on something lol...that JLC's agenda takes over WAY too often.

JLC took **** personal, which is rule numero uno in the "Real Journalists don't do this type of thing rule book." Evidence that he caught feelings is in his little rant on Vinny's slander. I guess my point is, if you are a legitimate journalist and have done your job correctly, that situation would never, ever arise. If you will recall, JLC was trying to "make" news by injecting himself into the story when he wrote the NFL attempting to point out a possible violation of league rules. He is a rat, and a horrible ethicist when it comes to journalistic integrity. Hell hath no fury like a d-bag beat reporter scorned.

Well said :applause:

but again, hes not a real reporter is he? hes just a blogger, at least thats how i always perceived him. he was a "beat reporter" which to me is a guy who wanders around redskins park, talks to a few guys, and then blogs about it, bubba posts it in the news section, and everyone discusses.

he probably didnt like dealing with vinny either and didnt mind trying to take a jab at him. i have no problem with people taking jabs at vinny in public lol.

wait, so now im supposed to believe what PFT writes? i thought they were the spewers of lies and made up stories that have no relevance?

or is that only when its stories you dont wanna hear or believe?

Good lord, you absolutely suck at even slightly logical debate :rotflmao:...

PFT was NOT spreading a rumor, they were giving an opinion on a FACT about JLC and his actions. I brought up THEIR opinion to point to something JLC did that should have damn well caused not just Skins fans, but any football fans to be wary of the guy's motives and agendas in what he writes. I bought up THEIR opinions on JLC's behavior to show that it's not just Skins homers who can see through JLC's idiocy. I guarantee you everyone on this thread had the brains to understand that.

But leave it up to the asinine, lazy way you have of dismissing valid arguments, which I predicted you'd do, so thank you for proving me right at least lol :thumbsup:...

Either you agree with what they, and the overwhelming majority of us at the time, felt about JLC's actions...or you do not. Which side do you take?

but again, hes not a real reporter is he? hes just a blogger, at least thats how i always perceived him. he was a "beat reporter" which to me is a guy who wanders around redskins park, talks to a few guys, and then blogs about it, bubba posts it in the news section, and everyone discusses.

he probably didnt like dealing with vinny either and didnt mind trying to take a jab at him. i have no problem with people taking jabs at vinny in public lol.

The debate on whether or not blogging is journalism is a good one and could go on for hours. I will only say that my opinions are not fully formed on the matter but I do believe that if you publish under a newspaper by-line, you are a journalist even though it is technically a weblog.

Again, if you will recall, a blogger attached to the houston chronicle broke the Big Al to Washington story...That was treated as news, correct?

:doh:

BLC, you said this (your words, remember?):

can someone point me to a few examples as to why lacanfora was so terrible

We are showing you examples as to why JLC was so terrible...who the **** cares if he was a blogger, a reporter, or whatever? lol...What difference does that make? Who cares how YOU viewed him? The thing you asked for, was examples why he was "so terrible". And again, I knew ahead of time you'd give yourself vertigo trying to spin the reasons why our examples aren't valid...you're predictable if nothing else.

Which explains why you can't fathom why anyone would find fault with JLC...you enjoy his anti-Vinny agenda driven tirades masquerading as "Redskins insider info".

wonder who theyll replace him with.

whoever it is, everyone here will hate them just the same. lol

I'd expect Jason Reid to just step up to full-time Skins Insider. He and JLC have alternated duties for some time now, one writes the hard news blurbs, and the other writes the feature for the day, then they switch.

No, he's a "real reporter" in the same vein as David Elfin at the Times or any other reporter out there. You may be confusing a reporter with a columnist like Wilbon or Kornheiser. Reporters break stories, do research, are supposed to be unbiased conveyors of the news and events. Columnists are paid to have and share strong opinions, take sides and provide entertaining commentary.

Good lord, you absolutely suck at even slightly logical debate :rotflmao:...

PFT was NOT spreading a rumor, they were giving an opinion on a FACT about JLC and his actions. I brought up THEIR opinion to point to something JLC did that should have damn well caused not just Skins fans, but any football fans to be wary of the guy's motives and agendas in what he writes. I bought up THEIR opinions on JLC's behavior to show that it's not just Skins homers who can see through JLC's idiocy. I guarantee you everyone on this thread had the brains to understand that.

But leave it up to the asinine, lazy way you have of dismissing valid arguments, which I predicted you'd do, so thank you for proving me right at least lol :thumbsup:...

Either you agree with what they, and the overwhelming majority of us at the time, felt about JLC's actions...or you do not. Which side do you take?

the only agenda i see from that is that JLC doesnt like vinny and would go out of his way to make him look stupid. and frankly i dont care about that, most people i know dont like vinny either. his little pissing contest with cerrato doesnt bother me. i read JLCs "blog/articles" to get info like "this guy is injured" or "this guy got signed" or "the redskins have this much cap space" or "here are the guy sitting out of practice today". none of his pissing back and forth with vinny gets in the way of that.

could you also send me a link to that story for PFT?

:doh:

BLC, you said this (your words, remember?):

We are showing you examples as to why JLC was so terrible...who the **** cares if he was a blogger, a reporter, or whatever? lol...What difference does that make? Who cares how YOU viewed him? The thing you asked for, was examples why he was "so terrible". And again, I knew ahead of time you'd give yourself vertigo trying to spin the reasons why our examples aren't valid...you're predictable if nothing else.

Which explains why you can't fathom why anyone would find fault with JLC...you enjoy his anti-Vinny agenda driven tirades masquerading as "Redskins insider info".

um, i know what i said. and im glad he pointed that article out to me. i was expecting something a lot worse than a pissing contest with vinny cerrato or a run in with The Frostshank Redemption. forgive me, i dont think that falls under the category of "terrible". obviously we just disagree.

but im sticking to my statement, if hes not a homer, a lot of people will complain.

That's pure BS.

Maybe you don't remember him but Mark Maske was a damn good beat reporter for the Skins.

In my time here at ES, I never remember Maske getting criticized on the level of Nunyo and JLC.

Nunyo and JLC had to reach the bar that Maske set and all it would've taken to get just half way there was solid journalism....and neither could do it.

Is it too much to ask from a beat reporter to leave his Ravens tainted opinion out of Redskins articles or in Nunyo's case, at least know who in the hell you're writing about??

but im sticking to my statement, if hes not a homer, a lot of people will complain.

And I'll stick to this statement: No matter how well this team will do, there's always someone complaining.

You're not being groundbreaking or revolutionary in your stance here BLC, you seem to realize that ES is the epitome of all things complaining.

That's pure BS.

Maybe you don't remember him but Mark Maske was a damn good beat reporter for the Skins.

In my time here at ES, I never remember Maske getting criticized on the level of Nunyo and JLC.

Nunyo and JLC had to reach the bar that Maske set and all it would've taken to get just half way there was solid journalism....and neither could do it.

Is it too much to ask from a beat reporter to leave his Ravens tainted opinion out of Redskins articles or in Nunyo's case, at least know who in the hell you're writing about??

i do not remember mark maske. any reason why the team cant find somebody thats good like you claim he was?

And I'll stick to this statement: No matter how well this team will do, there's always someone complaining.

You're not being groundbreaking or revolutionary in your stance here BLC, you seem to realize that ES is the epitome of all things complaining.

find my complaints when we go 11-5 or win the division.

your post is pretty ironic too. since this site has existed, the redskins have never been good. maybe thats why you see complaining every year? if we had a great season, and there was still complaining, maybe youd have a point then.

find my complaints when we go 11-5 or win the division.

your post is pretty ironic too. since this site has existed, the redskins have never been good. maybe thats why you see complaining every year? if we had a great season, and there was still complaining, maybe youd have a point then.

LOL okay BLC, I TOTALLY believe you in that no one would ever complain ever if we go 11-5.

Then again, I find your post ironic too in that I don't think I've ever seen a post by you in which you aren't complaining about one thing or another.

LOL okay BLC, I TOTALLY believe you in that no one would ever complain ever if we go 11-5.

Then again, I find your post ironic too in that I don't think I've ever seen a post by you in which you aren't complaining about one thing or another.

if you wanna see me talk positive, start a thread about:

chris cooley

clinton portis

santana moss

our defensive backfield

anthony montgomry

our offensive system

the wco

etc

but nobody talks about that. its all campbell, the front office, orakpo at linebacker, and how were gonna win 13 games. but by all means, start a thread about that one of the topics i listed, i cannot lol.

Well, JLC wasn't as bad as Nunyo, but that's a pretty low bar. He could be pretty decent when he wanted be to but JLC still had a tendency to try to stir things up, often with nothing behind it. He'd often buy into it when others were selling him a bill of goods. I don't hate the guy, but he could have done a better job as a beat reporter. It is never good to have an antagonistic relationship with the team you are supposed to cover.

he was nowhere near as bad as 70% of this board made him out to be. he just wasnt a homer, and some people dont like that. they want the larry michael news report, not a sarcastic sometimes demeaning one.

I personally hate LM and JLC exactly the same amount. I just want my news straight up. No embellishing.

maybe they'll hire kelli Johnson. She really likes the team

Never liked JLC

No, I like her on TV, thank you very much.

he was somewhat condescending, and maybe thats why people didnt like him. i have no problem with condescending, ill take that over sunshine and rainbows anyday.

different strokes i guess.

I don't have a problem with condescending either. I have a problem with flat wrong. About 80% of the time, if JLC reported it was going to happen, you could bet your paycheck the opposite would happen. He was locked out from the inner circle because he pissed off everybody in the park.

Larry Michael blows enough sunshine up our ***es. I'd rather have someone just report facts and news without ANY slant.

Although, in JLC's defense, the riff between him and the Skins did not lead to him being a true 'insider'. I wouldn't be surprised for one second if it came out that the Skins fed him bad information. Thus, he was more of an 'outsider'.

Well, he was kindof responsible for the rift. If he had reported things that actually happened, instead of things he wanted to happen, then I think they would have been ok.

Nice promotion.

He seems to get bashed around here way too often.

He says the team is mediocre, that is what they are unfortunately.

If he just said the team was mediocre, that's one thing. The fact that he was bashing the team no matter what, even after a win, showed that he had an agenda.

Ok, when you are a staff reporter with the Redskins Beat for the Washington Post you are supposed to be the best beat reporter in the entire freakin' city. You are supposed to have every contact, talk to everybody, be objective, be able to get information from the team and provide it to the public, whether it be possitive or negative, with class.

That describes JLC. NOT. Actually, it describes the anti JLC.

didnt know that. but ok. heres hoping they find somebody objective.

Ok, well, that basically settles my opinion on how much you know about how the entire football industry operates. You didn't know that every news organization has a beat reporter? And the team doesn't chose them?

but nobody talks about that. its all campbell, the front office, orakpo at linebacker, and how were gonna win 13 games. but by all means, start a thread about that one of the topics i listed, i cannot lol.

Says the guy who hijacks every thread to make it a JC thread. Ok, not this one, so far.

Archived