Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC- Holmgren on Campbell: 'Have Some Patience

gobigred

This is one person I don't want as a HC if Zorn fails. Zorn succeed!!!

Because he is advocating having paitence with Jason or because you don't rate him as a coach?

I hope Zorn succeeds as well as he seems to be a really genuine and straight forward guy. Of course if Zorn succeeds it probably means Jason has as well and visa versa. Their futures in Washington for better or worse are linked.

Is he talking to the fanbase or the front office?

All of the above. Of course the JC bashers are going to say that he's just sticking up for his boy Zorn but any intelligent football mind will tell you that having patience for a QB who has improved for 3 straight seasons is a no brainer.

Yet the Campbell bashers continue to think we make "excuses" for Campbell. :doh: Patience is the key.

Meanwhile, we'll keep "patiencing" ourselves to 8-8 records. Sorry, I want my team to be better than that.

I thought the article was more about Zorn than Campbell. Holmgren's obviously biased toward Zorn and is trying to throw his support toward Zorn by saying to be patient. In other words, be patient while Zorn fixes JC.

And I can't let this go....it's not that we are bashing Campbell, it's more that we want our team to win. To many of us, winning won't happen with JC no matter the excuses or how much patience we have.

Hail,

H

Patience is the key with almost all QB's and teams in general but unfortunately The Danny doesn't have any... WIN NOW BABY!!! (means overspend on free agents who dont pan out.... don't draft quality offensive and defensive linemen which is how you win in the NFL, and don't hire a real General Manager and let him run the show) 8-8 here we come....

i have patience with JC...he will have this season, but that doesn't mean he should be back even if the plays like he did last season

i guess having to wait for a QB to develop going into his 5th season isn't being patient, how many teams actually wait 5 years on ONE QB to develop...i'm having a hard time to recall any team that has waited this long on one QB

Meanwhile, we'll keep "patiencing" ourselves to 8-8 records. Sorry, I want my team to be better than that.

I thought the article was more about Zorn than Campbell. Holmgren's obviously biased toward Zorn and is trying to throw his support toward Zorn by saying to be patient. In other words, be patient while Zorn fixes JC.

And I can't let this go....it's not that we are bashing Campbell, it's more that we want our team to win. To many of us, winning won't happen with JC no matter the excuses or how much patience we have.

Hail,

H

Bringing another QB in, will put us in reverse again. We have to be the team to have released/signed the most QB's in NFL history. I want the team to win too, we're all Redskin fans. It's just you can't expect a QB to go out and light the field on fire, when he's constantly changing systems. Listen to any analyst and what he says anytime they mention Campbell, they'll bring up continuity. He'll start to open up with familiarity. We already have a offense that is built on the run, and limiting turnovers, but I feel with more familiarity to ONE system, we'll begin to see him open up on throws, that we claim that he is "hesitant" on.

It's like a bike (IMO), you can't just be learning how to ride a bike, and go out and do BMX moves, you have to familiarize yourself, and grow accustomed to what you're doing before you can go out and do things at the highest level.

On a sidenote, I don't know which is worse. You, a person who has actually lived to see a Superbowl...or me, a person who was alive during ONE superbowl, but didn't know what was going on lol. You're hungry to see another SB, and I'm anxious to see my first.

So, Danny did pretty much all he could to replace JC this offseason and failed. But, since a former coach stated we should exhibit patience...we should simply forget that the front office isn't even sold on the guy?

Um. Ok.

Hail,

H

I believe we all have in common that we want our team to win. And win now. I think the problem is that we all got spoiled by Gibbs I where were just dominant. Then when Gibbs left the first go round none of us thought that it would be that difficult do replicate what we had been doing in the previous seasons.

In come Snyder and is a fan just like us who has been spoiled by Gibbs I and he brings a culture of "we are on only one or two players away from a Super Bowl". And that simply is not true for any team. No team gets to the Super Bowl just by adding one or two players. You have to add in continuity of your coaching staff and players along with chemistry. And add in some patience with that.

We really need to shake this culture we have going on right now because its not leading to any more wins. I believe Holmgren was talking to the FO and the fanbase because believe it or not as a whole we think a lot alike.

Bringing another QB in, will put us in reverse again. We have to be the team to have released/signed the most QB's in NFL history. I want the team to win too, we're all Redskin fans. It's just you can't expect a QB to go out and light the field on fire, when he's constantly changing systems. Listen to any analyst and what he says anytime they mention Campbell, they'll bring up continuity. He'll start to open up with familiarity. We already have a offense that is built on the run, and limiting turnovers, but I feel with more familiarity to ONE system, we'll begin to see him open up on throws, that we claim that he is "hesitant" on.

I disagree on the point of bringing in another QB will put us in reverse. I don't think Campbell is the man for the job even though I want him to be. He just hasn't shown me enough to be comfortable with him through the season. However, I don't want to change systems, coaches, and all that jazz yet again either. The only concern is, what if JZ isn't the man for the job? Then we are getting/keeping players for the WRONG system. On top of that, my sidenote if you will, I don't trust Vinny to get the 'right' players for ANY system. Period!

I think the problem is that we all got spoiled by Gibbs I where were just dominant.

I also think we're hypnotized by what other teams' QB's may be doing, or how those teams run their offenses. Most of us say we want Campbell to go out and put up numbers like Brady, Manning & Brees, but they all play different styles of offenses. A lot more pass oriented.

So, Danny did pretty much all he could to replace JC this offseason and failed. But, since a former coach stated we should exhibit patience...we should simply forget that the front office isn't even sold on the guy?

Um. Ok.

To be fair, no one can be sold on Jason at QB and have a reasonable, thoughtful position. This goes for being sold on him being the answer and this goes for being sold on him not being the answer. Too many factors and issues are at hand to know one way or the other.

Because he hasn't proven himself as a success or failure to this point means having patience is certainly reasonable. I have no problem with hoping he develops into a success this year, in his second within this offense. He has been one of the weaker elements of the team in recent seasons, so, with hope, he becomes one of our strengths soon.

I never said that. I just wish he would show a little more patience.

as of right now, JC is still the starting QB...this will be his 4th season playing and 3rd as a starter...he's going into his final year of his contract...he's in his 5th season and starting

now, my question is, how much more patience should the team have...how many other teams wait 5 years for a QB to develop...i think the team has showed patience with JC

i have patience with JC...he will have this season, but that doesn't mean he should be back even if the plays like he did last season

i guess having to wait for a QB to develop going into his 5th season isn't being patient, how many teams actually wait 5 years on ONE QB to develop...i'm having a hard time to recall any team that has waited this long on one QB

There are LOTS of examples of QBs who have taken 5 plus years to develop before all the lights went on or they had the right system and/or talent around them to be succesful.

Steve Young comes to mind. His first 4 years in the league he never broke a 53% completion percentage and had more INTs that TD passes. Two of those 4 years were with SF where he split time with Joe Montana due to injuries to Joe so its not all down to a bad Tampa team.

I guess you would have cut him ......just before in year 5 he jumped to a 69% completion percentage and the rest, as they say is history. Hall of Fame Super Bowl wining history

Just one example. OK how about Jim Plunkett. His first 5 years at New England he was horrible. Only broke 50% once while starting a ton of games. Then two very ordinary years at SF. No doubt you would have had him stacking shelves at this point if not earlier. In 79 he went to Oakland sat for a year, took over from Kenny Stabler in 1980 and won two Super Bowls - one aginst us in '83 :doh:

How about Terry Bradshaw? Only broke 50% completions once in his first 5 years at the Steelers and had a season high of 13 TDs in that period. He turned out OK?

Point is JC may or may not develop into a good NFL QB. At this point we - and this includes you I'm afraid - just don't know.

Fans and teams have forgotten - or never knew in the first place - that it can take years for a QB to develop and we just don't have the paitence to wait to find out. A couple of years - instant (often flawed) judgement - Next!

I disagree on the point of bringing in another QB will put us in reverse. I don't think Campbell is the man for the job even though I want him to be. He just hasn't shown me enough to be comfortable with him through the season. However, I don't want to change systems, coaches, and all that jazz yet again either. The only concern is, what if JZ isn't the man for the job? Then we are getting/keeping players for the WRONG system. On top of that, my sidenote if you will, I don't trust Vinny to get the 'right' players for ANY system. Period!

To this day, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly Vinny is doing to Synder, where Synder chooses to keep him around. But I really don't think I want to find out now that I think about it. :hysterical:

Archived