Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC- Holmgren on Campbell: 'Have Some Patience

gobigred

and the year he set the redskins record was the one year where we actually had great QB play for most of the season. brunell was hitting the deep ball very well, and he was finding moss (who is supposedly always double covered) constantly. notice portis had his best year as a redskin the same year our QB was playing well.

then we fast forward to 06, where our oline was on fire as evidenced by ladell betts' career year, and because our QBs both played poorly (one old, one a rookie), our offense struggled. defense didnt help out, but our offense was day and night from 05 to 06. its all about the QB.

Thats revisionist at best. In Moss' "career" year, he only had 5 more receptions than this past year and 3 more TD's. The extra yards came from 5 or six deep bombs and great YAC. (remember the Dallas comeback and the Dallas crushing that same season and the "holy**** dont do that again" WR screen pass play that Gibbs and co were famous for)

Brunell was ALL dink and dunk and the complaining was high that year. "5-0 or we dont go" may jog your memory. n fact, Brunell had worse numbers ACROSS THE BOARD sans TD's than JC performance this year. That was with terrific line play. He was sacked less... yet produced less... and that was when he could still break a good run...

So you calling it "great QB play" by Brunell... and "terrible QB play" by JC is just rediculous.

Remember our offense set the NFL record for least amount of offense in a season or in a playoff game that year.

Thats revisionist at best. In Moss' "career" year, he only had 5 more receptions than this past year and 3 more TD's. The extra yards came from 5 or six deep bombs and great YAC. (remember the Dallas comeback and the Dallas crushing that same season)

Brunell was ALL dink and dunk and the complaining was high that year. "5-0 or we dont go" may jog your memory. n fact, Brunell had worse numbers ACROSS THE BOARD sans TD's than JC performance this year. That was with terrific line play. He was sacked less... yet produced less... and that was when he could still break a good run...

So you calling it "great QB play" by Brunell... and "terrible QB play" by JC is just rediculous.

Remember our offense set the NFL record for least amount of offense in a season or in a playoff game that year.

I agree there was never any great QB play from brunell, not remotly.

Which does go to prove how bad JC's play has been, if he can't at least keep up with the horrible play we saw out of Brunell, then how bad is he really?

I agree there was never any great QB play from brunell' date=' not remotly.

Which does go to prove how bad JC's play has been, if he can't at least keep up with the horrible play we saw out of Brunell, then how bad is he really?[/quote']

Well at least agree a little on something.:)

I know JC needs to step up ALOT this year. No free passes or excuses for him. Do or die time.

We have have differing opinion on predicting the future. Its too bad your prediction in wrong.:laugh::chair:

Thats revisionist at best. In Moss' "career" year, he only had 5 more receptions than this past year and 3 more TD's. The extra yards came from 5 or six deep bombs and great YAC. (remember the Dallas comeback and the Dallas crushing that same season)

brunell lost it down the stretch, and no one would deny that. but he started the season off pretty well. he threw 23 TDs that season which is something you cant take away from him. i think brunell played great for a good portion of that season. there was legit talk about him being a pro bowler and plenty thought he was snubbed. he definitely sucked at the end of the season, and it carried into the next season. but he played very well for a good portion of the season. remember our defense was not what it is today that season. we were robbed a few times badly that season as well (tampa game, denver game, both when brunell was playing well). we could have been 12-4 that year.

either way, JC still hasnt come close to doing what brunell did that year.

brunell lost it down the stretch, and no one would deny that. but he started the season off pretty well. he threw 23 TDs that season which is something you cant take away from him. i think brunell played great for a good portion of that season. there was legit talk about him being a pro bowler and plenty thought he was snubbed. he definitely sucked at the end of the season, and it carried into the next season. but he played very well for a good portion of the season. remember our defense was not what it is today that season. we were robbed a few times badly that season as well (tampa game, denver game, both when brunell was playing well). we could have been 12-4 that year.

Yeah. I remember that Alstoot run where he fell before the goal line and they gave him the 2 points. There were so many games that year like that. The Chargers OT loss was brutal.

If I had one wish, it would be for Saunders refusing the offer as OC and Gibbs to keep doing what he did in 2005. I think the team would have been better of... JC would have been better off... and us fans would have been better off.

Yeah. I remember that Alstoot run where he fell before the goal line and they gave him the 2 points. There were so many games that year like that. The Chargers OT loss was brutal.

If I had one wish, it would be for Saunders refusing the offer as OC and Gibbs to keep doing what he did in 2005. I think the team would have been better of... JC would have been better off... and us fans would have been better off.

ya never know, hindsights 20-20.

but yes, that year our offense was legit for most of the season. our defense carried us in that one playoff game. but we allowed far more points that season than 07 or 08. 06, well....lol

Neither did Brunell. Most of Mark's success in the early going of 2005 came via his connection with a single-covered Santana Moss and from rolling left and dumping to Cooley. Once the defense adjusted to take away Santana and Mark's rollouts, it was all over for the passing game.

With Santana drawing double coverage, Gibbs had no choice but to pound the rock with Portis against seven in the box.

Well at least agree a little on something.:)

I know JC needs to step up ALOT this year. No free passes or excuses for him. Do or die time.

We have have differing opinion on predicting the future. Its too bad your prediction in wrong.:laugh::chair:

Predictions are never wrong until the future proves otherwise.;)

Neither did Brunell. Most of Mark's success in the early going of 2005 came via his connection with a single-covered Santana Moss and from rolling left and dumping to Cooley. Once the defense adjusted to take away Santana and Mark's rollouts, it was all over for the passing game.

With Santana drawing double coverage, Gibbs had no choice but to pound the rock with Portis against seven in the box.

im not buying that. ramsey started the chicago game, boonell finished it, weak offensive showing. then the miracle game, when brunell hit those two deeps bombs. he put up solid numbers against the NFC championship seahawks, played very well against denver in the crappy tuck rule game where we got robbed of that tying saftey, he then destroyed the cheifs but our defense let us down allowing 28 points, he embarrassed the 49ers in that 52 point blowout, the giants game was their "win one for the gipper" game.

then he had a meh showing against the iggles, then he played decently against the bucs, 2 TDs 2 INTs but we put up 35 points as an offense, again D lets us down allowing 36, with that complete BS alstott call, then he cooled off, but was able to throw 7 TDs over the last 3 games.

brunell had a good season that year, dont take it away from him to prove a point. brunell in 06 was terrible, but you cant take 05 away from him. 23 TDs and 10 wins disagrees with you.

and this whole "well moss was single covered" is nonsense. moss wasnt a rookie that season, everyone knew he was a burner that demanded attention. he'd put up a very impressive showing with the jets 2 years prior and everybody knew his MO. moss didnt just come out of nowhere, brunell did.

Archived