Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recent Mike Williams Photo

terpfan

It's a difference between hope and expectations. I have high hopes for all the UDFA OL and especially Mike WIlliams. Face it. It's a great story. The guy is financially secure (from his contract before he got hurt) and is playing for the love of the game (and vet minimum). Still a great story. I'd have high hopes for the drafted OL if we had any. I even have high hopes for the Dockery addition, Heyer, Jansen and Rinehart.

But my expectations are nil. The 2-6 we ended up with last season were directly attributable to the OLine, according to the year end brainstorming session the FO (scouts and Vinny) and the coaches had. Regardless, they again chose to look outside the draft for OLine. Their decision. They are "football people" and I am not. I hope the Skins don't repeat the 2-6 twice this season and end up 4 - 12. I expect the new additions to add nothing to the OLine. My hope is the opposite.

Thanks for the post! I got a kick out of looking at the Mike Williams and Chris Samuels pics back-to-back on that page.

Samuels is a shrimp! :evilg:

No ****, when you see Samuels (who is a big dude) he looks like a TE compared to Williams.

I think a lot of people are getting way too amped over this, both ways. It is unlikely that he starts or even makes the roster at this point but what the hell, it's a roll of the dice with very little on the line.

And quite often back/knee/joint injury can be caused by the weight alone, the stress of carrying too much can stretch ligaments and tendons past the point of functionality, while losing the weight allows them to return to their normal range of movement so ya never know, the guy's career might be revivified, stranger things have happened.

That is one of those "Girdle Shirts" designed to give a flat stomach.

Also, I bet it will be worn at all times for the entire 09' season. It ain't gonna come off.

That, and I'm sure he's sucking it in.

Still, nowhere near as bad as Michael Oher's mighty man boobs IMO.

I hope he does well.

:helmet:

I keep hearing how he's big, but not fat.

Big deal. Who cares about that. The questions is, whether he's agile enough to play RT and handle the speed rushers at DE.

If not, then maybe he belongs at Guard......or backup, or off the roster.

He can be a huge pillar, but if he can't move, the DE's will just go around him.

Archived