Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recent Mike Williams Photo

terpfan

Mr. Williams, you can exhale now.

[/img]

Way to suck in that gut, Mike.
Yep, that is exactly what he is doing - it's too obvious.
You know I thought he was sucking it in too ... but why suck your stomach in for a head shot?

But you can only suck in SO MUCH, when you're 410 pounds......so let's see, his "sucking in" made him look a slender 398 ?

Why bother, when you're 410 ?

But you can only suck in SO MUCH, when you're 410 pounds......so let's see, his "sucking in" made him look a slender 398 ?

Why bother, when you're 410 ?

That was my point also. I'm beginning to believe he isn't sucking it in because it was a head shot photo.

Man I wonder how much his knees can take during the season. Supporting all that weight and then consider constantly blocking defenders and add in their weight.

I wouldn't be surprised if his knees blow out. I hope it doesn't happen though.

Man I wonder how much his knees can take during the season. Supporting all that weight and then consider constantly blocking defenders and add in their weight.

I wouldn't be surprised if his knees blow out. I hope it doesn't happen though.

Maybe it depends on how strong his calf muscles are, the muscles below the knee that support it.

Maybe he does some mad calf exercises

On a side note, Chris Samuels looks like he is in great shape

[/img]

That is an amazing contrast between 2 tackles.

Samuels looks like a WR in that photo, compared to Williams.

At first, I almost didn't believe it was actually Samuels, and thought it was a joke.

That is an amazing contrast between 2 tackles.

Samuels looks like a WR in that photo, compared to Williams.

At first, I almost didn't believe it was actually Samuels, and thought it was a joke.

I did a double take as well lol, that's crazy.

Matt Terl is the guy on Redskins Nation right? If anyone knows Redskins Nation's email address off hand ask him if Mike was sucking it in in the pic. I'm sure they will read the email on air.

I think Larry Michael is the dude on Redskins Nation.

Yeah Larry Michaels is the host but they have another guy on there that helps him answer the fan questions. And I thought it might be the same guy that does this blog.

Oh yeah yeah Matt comes in for the questioning. not sure you email him though if you have a question for the show, though.

I keep hearing how he's big, but not fat.

Big deal. Who cares about that. The questions is, whether he's agile enough to play RT and handle the speed rushers at DE.

If not, then maybe he belongs at Guard......or backup, or off the roster.

He can be a huge pillar, but if he can't move, the DE's will just go around him.

Buges was said to have been impressed by his workout. I doubt the Skins would have bothered with a contract if he could not move enough to play in the NFL

Doc Walker said he was "explosive" off the ball

he looks extremely top heavy,I hope he can move around well,and I hope he can get his conditioning good to go before training camp.

i wish people wouldn't use the word top-heavy when describing men.....whenever I hear that phrase, I think of big-boobed women, and so it's a downer when I see a man, who someone is referencing with that phrase :)

Even if he's not fat and has a relatively low body fat to muscle ratio for someone that size, it still is probably too much for him to have the necessary stamina and durability that can play every down in a game for a whole season. He'll probably always be a big guy even for a OT, but he should bring his weight down to extend his playing time.

Most coaches say that rookies who are a little out of shape don't need to do anything special to get into NFL shape since the practices, OTAs and minicamps will do it alone. Assuming Williams stays around through preseason, all the regular goings on will take care of most of the weight issue. He just can't cheat and has to work hard.

Buges was said to have been impressed by his workout. I doubt the Skins would have bothered with a contract if he could not move enough to play in the NFL

Doc Walker said he was "explosive" off the ball

That's encouraging to hear.

I look forward to seeing vids of that.

coming out of the draft he was proven to be very agile. he does look like he is in good shape, I restate my previous concerns about his back and that much weight. Honestly though if you look at his bone structure he has the frame to support this weight. huge shoulders, big hips etc... i have a new found hope for this guy, hell i loved him in the draft the back issues is my concern. from what i remember he also has a great personality.

Archived