Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RotoWorld: Jets Waive Marcus Mason Should Skins Sign him?

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

we signed Dominique Dorsey already, I want to see what he has personally, he was a lights out kick returner in Canada (missed part of the season for injury and still led his team in all-purpose yards) he is a sproles type back and could be just what we need, in fact, dont be surprised if rock is released or at least demoted for him due to the new wedge rule.

After more thouoght, I'd vote no.

We would keep him around all offseason, then we'd end up letting him go as we're already stacked at the RB position. That'd be just unfair to Marcus. I like him, so I think it would only be the right thing to do and let someone else snatch him up, somewhere where he'll have a better shot making the real team.

He's not going to bust 80 yard runs like Chris Johnson.... but then again, neither does CP.

Mason has great vision, hits the hole hard, and seems to have the ability to make something out of nothing.... would love to see him in Skins jersey.

Shaun Alexander no longer possesses any of the above mentioned qualities... and the Edge will cost more than he's worth. I would be very happy with MM as our #3 back.

First off...were not bringing back alexander that experiment is over with...

Secondly....we wont even call Edge he doesn't give us anything that portis doesn't

Third...our current number 3 is Rock...mason had a chance to beat him and didn't

Fourth....DONT WASTE TIME PLAYING THIS GUY...we have a young talent in Dominique Dorsey who needs to get some PT this offseason so we can see what he has, he was explosive in Canada and really got the attention of every NFL team and we were lucky enough to sign him because he likes the coaching staff here.

We have Portis,Betts,Cartwright,Sellers,Evans,Dorsey and Alridge now!

Look at what you have and play them.

I just saw on rotoworld that the NY Jets have waived RB Marcus Mason, if we have a chance to pick him up, do you think we should bring him back to camp? Seems he was a pretty good workhorse for us in the preseason.

(Edit: Okay just realized I put release instead of "waive" in the subject line, mod's if that's a problem feel free to correct.)

Dej vu all over again.

Stop the mancrush on a marginal talent, please!

Rotoworld says it best.

Mason always looks good against third-stringers in preseason, but lacks the speed and moves to be more than a fourth tailback option/special teamer.

Thank You. I don't want him back simply because I don't want to hear all the idiots on this board deluding themselves into thinking he's better than Betts, we should cut Rock for him, etc. The guy is simply not pro talent, period. Great vision, but too slow to be a scatback and not strong enough to run between the tackles. There wasn't so much weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth when we cut Stephen Davis, for crying out loud.

We should see what we have in Alrigde and Dorsey.

Sorry Marcus.

I agree. Aldridge and Dorsey seem to have more big-play potential, much like Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush. I don't know if I can say the same about Marcus Mason. I want a guy who can score every time he touches the ball.

Mason tore it up versus third stringers (and lower than that). Yes, he had third stringers blocking for him as well, so what?

The talent level from 3rd to 2nd string is a severe drop off for the most part. Mason isn't fast enough or elusive enough to warrant being here. We've already brought several extra backs into camp, and ones that I think will be a much better addition to the roster than Marcus Mason.

I wish Marcus the best of luck, but I have no desire to see him here.

Archived