Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RotoWorld: Jets Waive Marcus Mason Should Skins Sign him?

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

wow, I didn't think there would be this much argument over him.

Let me add an addendum

1. I didn't see every preseason game, just a couple since in my area they don't carry all of them.

2. I don't remember him missing a ton of assignments, but if he did, then that at least explains why he was let go, I never understood why, short of deciding to keep Rock.

3. I remember him running well in the preseason, and I think that helped our Quarterbacks out.

4. I don't necessarily care whether he comes back or not, but given he was here before, the thought occurred to me that the subject would come up.

SOrry if it stirred up old wounds, it was not my intent.

(side note miami wasted no time in waiving JohN Beck.... hrms)

I voted "Don't care." I liked him in preseason, but according to all reports he was worthless in pass protection. If he significantly improved on that in the last year, then maybe we do have a spot for him. If not, I hope to enjoy another preseason with him on the team and that's about it.

Sign him now. I was so ticked off when we let him go last year. The guy was very elusive and deserves a shot. He was definitely better than Shaun Alexander. We need to sign him now.

You were right on this whole post. Definitely was better than Alexander, and he was elusive. He never got tackled in the backfield, regardless of how many players had their hands on him.

Impossible to know until he is put into a real game here.

It is the same with the Colt bashers.

Yeah, I'm sure Mason is a real hidden gem. When he's already been released by us once before because he couldn't understand what he was doing, he was released then by the Ravens, and now by the Jets.

Nothing against the guy, but there's absolutely nothing to say he's worth anything to us, or seemingly a lot of teams at the NFL level.

He was a long shot in the first place coming from Youngstown State, but he's had his chances at the pro level and obviously hasn't impressed too many people.

Yeah, I'm sure Mason is a real hidden gem. When he's already been released by us once before because he couldn't understand what he was doing, he was released then by the Ravens, and now by the Jets.

Nothing against the guy, but there's absolutely nothing to say he's worth anything to us, or seemingly a lot of teams at the NFL level.

He was a long shot in the first place coming from Youngstown State, but he's had his chances at the pro level and obviously hasn't impressed too many people.

Probably a pretty good point

There is only one problem with that.

What if Aldridge looks solid, and leads the entire league in preseason rushing, as Mason did last season?

Then what?

Obviously the rest of the league didn't care what he did against 4th and 5th stringers because he sat on the Ravens' practice squad for 8 weeks and nobody signed him.

But surely, it must be that the Redskins' FO is just screwing this up.

All three of those teams have above average, or very good RBs. I wouldn't hold that against him.

And Betts may not be the best fit here, in the limited role we use him in.

Marcus might be able to come in, start fast, and bring a little spark.

Or he might be more valuable to us than Rock as a runner, if one of the new guys can replace Rock on kickoffs.

But, like the poster above said, he may have had it with the Redskins, and might do better with a weaker roster.

Impossible to know until he is put into a real game here.

It is the same with the Colt bashers.

You're right that it's impossible to know but I'm sure our coaches can get a good idea based of training camp and practice. I liked Mason but if it didn't work last season I don't see why it would now. He isn't going to beat out Portis or Betts as a HB and he isn't going to beat out Cartwright as a returner/STer. I'd rather see the reps go to Dorsey/Alridge since they are atleast unknowns.

You're right that it's impossible to know but I'm sure our coaches can get a good idea based of training camp and practice. I liked Mason but if it didn't work last season I don't see why it would now. He isn't going to beat out Portis or Betts as a HB and he isn't going to beat out Cartwright as a returner/STer. I'd rather see the reps go to Dorsey/Alridge since they are atleast unknowns.

Valid points...certainly a better idea than bringing Edge in here however.

I'm definitely interested to see what Aldridge can do.

He ran a 4.37 at the combine and was known for being a home run threat scat back in college, which is exactly the kind of RB we need to spell Portis IMO.

Downside is that he's only about 180 pounds or so, so he's got a really tiny build for an NFL RB.

Look who is saying that :hysterical:

What would Edge possibly do here? Wasn't Shaun Alexander enough for you?

So you want to sign Edge for one season, and then what? Find another washed up vet next season?:doh:

Either way, me bringing up Edge was off topic. My bad.

I wouldn't bother with Mason at this point. There are other talents that would bring at least the same as he could, or more.

I personally was hoping somehow Ringer fell to us, or perhaps we would have taken a shot at Branden Ore.

He's not going to bust 80 yard runs like Chris Johnson.... but then again, neither does CP.

Mason has great vision, hits the hole hard, and seems to have the ability to make something out of nothing.... would love to see him in Skins jersey.

Shaun Alexander no longer possesses any of the above mentioned qualities... and the Edge will cost more than he's worth. I would be very happy with MM as our #3 back.

Archived