Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: The Campbell Story (his quotes on his current status)

SMOSS89

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/23/AR2009042304673.html

Campbell trusts Zorn and believes he will be the starter "until I'm shown otherwise," he said Tuesday. "We all met and had that conversation after the Cutler thing, and truth be told, this has been the biggest whirlwind offseason that I've ever been in. The only thing that makes you a little [upset] through all of it is that it makes you look like you're not a good quarterback and you're not wanted. To any competitor that's hard. When your team tries to trade for another quarterback, and now all this stuff about Sanchez, it's a tough league and a tough business.

No matter what happens or who ends up our QB, I will always respect JC as a person. He seems like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders.

If he wasn't a first-round pick with high expectations, he would have been LOVED here and maybe been a great backup.

In which case everyone on here would be calling for him to start lol...

I still dont get trying to get rid of Campbell. Use the picks we would spend gettin Sanchez on O-line help, rebuild the line, give our young WRs more time to develope, and give Campbell a second year to master the new system and let Zorn find his coaching groove. Im pretty sure there will be two more highly coveted franchise QBs in the top of the draft next year and the year after that and so on. The problem is they will all be busts if they come to a team with an old line and a new coach.

from rotoworld, i guess they broncos arent interested in taking sanchez.

Speaking on ESPN News, Ed Werder reports that the Broncos will not trade up from No. 12 to draft Mark Sanchez.

Coach Josh McDaniels says the team has initiated no discussion about trading up, and swears that the Broncos have not talked seriously about Sanchez. McDaniels said he would likely not draft Sanchez even if he fell to No. 12.

I still dont get trying to get rid of Campbell. Use the picks we would spend gettin Sanchez on O-line help, rebuild the line, give our young WRs more time to develope, and give Campbell a second year to master the new system and let Zorn find his coaching groove. Im pretty sure there will be two more highly coveted franchise QBs in the top of the draft next year and the year after that and so on. The problem is they will all be busts if they come to a team with an old line and a new coach.

And when Campbell doesn't pan out in 2009, what happens? Colt? And if his (Colt's) arm isn't strong enough to make the deep outs, flag, and deep in routes?...which it's not.

The O line is getting younger. Heyer, Dockery, Rinehart, two other young linemen from last years roster who showed promise, and Samuels who will likely play another three to five years now that his knee is completely healthy, barring any career threatening injury.

RT is only a position of need if they feel Heyer can't get it done. I believe that he can get it done, and Heyer proved that he can perform, if healthy. They don't need an OT with the #13 pick. They can get O line help later on in the draft. I just don't think that OT is a position where someone can come in and start right away. None of the top OT's in this draft are guaranteed sure bets. Sanchez isn't either, but I'd be willing to roll the dice on him before I'd roll the dice on a guy like Andre Smith...just me.

Samuels isn't losing his spot, and Jansen and Heyer will be competing for the RT spot. It would be a waisted pick IMO b/c they've already got a stalwart LT who isn't showing signs of diminishing skills, and they've got a veteran-3rd year player battle going at the RT spot. OT is not a position of need relative to drafting one in the first. If they draft an OT in the 1st, they must think that Heyer can't cut the mustard, or they might be afraid that Samuels may be getting a little banged up since he's a little older. I don't think that's the case regarding either scenario.

Unfortunately, JC is untradeable because no one wants him. Right now, he has no trade value. I don't think that JC realizes that, because in his mind, he's a starter, but a starter by default because the Redskins have given him every chance to succeed. Even if the Redskins draft Sanchez, JC should play out this contract, do really well, boost his credibility for free agency after this season.

If he doesn't do well, I believe that JC will never be in a starting QB role again, will be a backup and won't start unless the starter is injured or something similar.

I'm really afraid that JC is going to have a breakout season this year and then show Snyder, Vinny & Co. his middle finger as he leaves for free agency because of the way he's been treated this offseason.

No matter your opinion of Campbell as a QB, he is a class act and this situation has really been botched by the Skins front office. What does the courtship of Sanchez tell Campbell? If the FO wanted a new QB, they should have made Denver an offer they couldn't refuse for Cutler, because now there's animosity all around

from rotoworld, i guess they broncos arent interested in taking sanchez.

Speaking on ESPN News, Ed Werder reports that the Broncos will not trade up from No. 12 to draft Mark Sanchez.

Coach Josh McDaniels says the team has initiated no discussion about trading up, and swears that the Broncos have not talked seriously about Sanchez. McDaniels said he would likely not draft Sanchez even if he fell to No. 12.

McDaniels also said Jay Cutler was his QB when he arrived in Denver..How'd that workout?

I'm really afraid that JC is going to have a breakout season this year and then show Snyder, Vinny & Co. his middle finger as he leaves for free agency because of the way he's been treated this offseason.

No matter your opinion of Campbell as a QB, he is a class act and this situation has really been botched by the Skins front office. What does the courtship of Sanchez tell Campbell? If the FO wanted a new QB, they should have made Denver an offer they couldn't refuse for Cutler, because now there's animosity all around

While I hope JC would do this from a person perspective.....the front office would lock him up long term by week 11-15. If money is thrown in his face, he will end up signing for sure. Although all this talk having a breakout season.......it needs to REALLY be a breakout season for the FO to considers locking him up long term and I doubt thats what's going to happen.

Archived