Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(From a Previous Date) PFT: Skins Talking Extension With McIntosh(Merged)

Soup

Rocky is good in the 4-3, not sure about how he'd fare in the 3-4.

Rocky's build and speed matches up quite favorably with other 3-4 ILB:

Chargers: Stephen Cooper-6'1 235lbs/Siler 6'2 239

49ers: Patrick Willis-6'1/240

Steelers: Timmons-6'1-234

Jets: Scott-6'2-240

Pats: Eric Alexander-6'2-240

Packers: Nick Barnett-6'2-236

Browns: (Terp)D'Jackson-6'2-240

Rocky 6'2-238

In a 3-4 the 2 ILB are the 'buck' who is always on the strong side and often has to tangle with OL in a hit and shed situation Rocky may struggle with this role or not we can only speculate

But the other ILB in a 3-4 is the 'mack' a protected position much like Rocky's 4-3 WILL postion a place where Rocky excells imo

the more I read the more I hope Haslett will look at tape and decide this team isn't built for a 3-4

I still don't understand posts like this. Why not allow the staff to have some forward-thinking?

That's like saying that Moss and ARE are not built for the WCO, so we should ask Shanahan to install the Raider offense. You can't look at the personnel that we have today and make decisions that might impact the next 5-10 years.

If the coaches want a certain philosophy on offense and defense, they need to do it and start catering their personnel decisions to those philosophies. It's OK to have an incomplete product in year 1.

Definitely need to lock Rocky up...........He is a good player who has strong character.

I would go with this, Rocky is not great but he is good. He's consistently solid. Seeing that his knees kept up, I'm very pleased with him. I also love his character. He's not the fiery linebacker Marcus was but we have that in Fletcher - someone everyone plays for.

I'd be all for locking McIntosh up (nothing excessive because while I'm happy with him, he's nothing exceptional). We are still lacking that playmaking LB though... McIntosh and Fletcher are both very solid. Orapko is still to be determined as a linebacker.

I wanted to bumb this.

Does anyone know any new info on rocky? Is he restricted or will he be a free agent?

Do you have any idea how annoying a bump is? It's very frustrating to read all about something like this for pages, until someone makes a reference to Mark Brunell or something else that was from 20 years ago. Almost every post after your bump will be from people who believe this is happening right now.

Since he'll be a restricted free agent with no CBA, he'll be with us for at least 2010. As for 2011 and beyond, I think it would depend on how he fits in to the new system.

Notice that the thread was started last year, long before Shanahan came on board. They may decide that Rocky simply isn't a good fit in the 3-4. It may be a similar situation to when the Jets moved to 3-4 and traded away Vilma.

However, if they decide that he does have a role in the new system, I'd love to see him signed to a new contract.

Do you have any idea how annoying a bump is? It's very frustrating to read all about something like this for pages, until someone makes a reference to Mark Brunell or something else that was from 20 years ago. Almost every post after your bump will be from people who believe this is happening right now.

One: if your weren't so lazy to read the title and see that it was from a previous date than its your fault.

Two: I try to stick with the rules and not make a new thread for every new thought that pops into my head and post in a thread that already exists from the same topic.

Plus I wanted to know if any new info has come out of this ptf article. SO :pfft: stuff it with walnuts

Good to see were getting our guys locked up.. hopefully carlos is next!

What? Why? That man QUIT on his team when he was bench for poor play against the Saints. Did you not read the interview? Did you not hear what he said about how he didn't care what was going on in the game? Didn't care if he came back here next season?

Screw Carlos, he can't catch and he falls for double moves consistently. I would rather have Barnes start over him and be a liability in coverage.

• 3 weeks later...
Good to see were getting our guys locked up.. hopefully carlos is next!

What? Why? That man QUIT on his team when he was bench for poor play against the Saints. Did you not read the interview? Did you not hear what he said about how he didn't care what was going on in the game? Didn't care if he came back here next season?

Screw Carlos, he can't catch and he falls for double moves consistently. I would rather have Barnes start over him and be a liability in coverage.

geeesssh man i pretty sure i said that a long time again.. like before the season..

I like the idea of giving McIntosh an extension, I just hope that we don't go overboard on him.

I have been a little dissapointed in what I would call a lack of production fromMcIntosh. I know he has a big play or two every couple of games, but I expected more from him. I really thought that he would be in pro bowl disscussions and he's far from living up to that.

I wonder if the pursuit of Peppers spells the end of Rocky?

Why . Rocky would most likley play ILB in the 3-4 . He has played at a level close to London Fletcher and has been one of the most consistent players on D . It is a funny time of year when all of a sudden ALL of our players become trash and everyone else is releasing HoF prospects ...

Why . Rocky would most likley play ILB in the 3-4 . He has played at a level close to London Fletcher and has been one of the most consistent players on D . It is a funny time of year when all of a sudden ALL of our players become trash and everyone else is releasing HoF prospects ...

Rocky has been solid but to say that he's on the same level as Fletcher is a bit much. I do agree that we need to keep our own draft picks as opposed to picking up other teams releases though.

Hmmmm......With this new coaching staff, every time they've done an interview, they have not mentioned Rocky. Now they have mentioned all our other LBs, just not Rocky Mac. Maybe his knees aren't 100% still, which will get you off a team quick just like what happened to Merriman.

Hmmmm......With this new coaching staff, every time they've done an interview, they have not mentioned Rocky. Now they have mentioned all our other LBs, just not Rocky Mac. Maybe his knees aren't 100% still, which will get you off a team quick just like what happened to Merriman.

I really like Rocky Mac I was hoping he could have stayed with us for awhile. We aren't going to try and replace him with Peppers are we?

Archived