Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(From a Previous Date) PFT: Skins Talking Extension With McIntosh(Merged)

Soup

McIntosh just doesnt make plays.. I cannot think of one single game where I thought to myself " Thank God we have Rocky". He is a middle of the pack WLB at best.

He is way better than Warrick Holdman, dont get me wrong.. But, he does not jump out at me as the kind of player that Washington needs to commit a ton of dough to.

Dude averaged just under five and a half tackles a game the last two years.

And a whopping five sacks in three years.

Talk about painting him in an underrating light.

He's also only 26 years old, has started for all of two years, tearing his knee apart in his first year and still recovering from that this previous year, but still came in 2nd on the team in tackles while providing some hard hits and decent play throughout.

Warrick Holdman doesn't even belong in the same post as Rocky McIntosh in terms of what they bring to the table for the defense.

As long as the contract isn't a boat load (which it shouldn't be), the Redskins would be absolutely stupid to let a guy like Rocky walk.

He's also only 26 years old, has started for all of two years, tearing his knee apart in his first year and still recovering from that this previous year, but still came in 2nd on the team in tackles while providing some hard hits and decent play throughout.

His knee was a pre-draft concern though. 26 or not, he's got knee problems.

• 9 months later...
And almost a year later, I still feel the same way about Rocky as I did in my earlier post.

This past season he was 4th on the team in tackles (94 total) with 2 FFs and 2 INTs. And he started every game with his "knee problems."

He is a solid LB and a player that still has his best football ahead of him, IMO. I just get this feeling that he will be the next Ryan Clark or Pierce

I think Rocky is the lease talked about guy on the team, as far as starters I mean. The guy just goes out there every week and does his job. Some weeks for him are better than others, but he is very consistent. I really like Rocky, like some else said earlier, he's London's right hand man. They play very well together out there.

Re-sign #52!!!

I don't think they'll give him an insane amount of money. At least I hope they don't. Rocky is a solid player

Rocky is an excellent player. I'd love to see him get a new deal and he's earned it. He's one of the few big play guys we have on defense. Finally we are going to pay to keep one of our own. Moves like this make a good organization.

This also sheds some light on what we are looking to do on defense. If we stay in a 4-3 base, I can see Rocky eventually moving to MLB. If we move to a 3-4 base, we'll run one similar to the Cowboys, 49ers, and Ravens and he'll move into the role that Willis, Lewis, and Brooking all played. He could star in that position--put up absolutely monstrous numbers just like them.

are you kidding me? Rocky would so fit in a 3-4 defense. Hes got all the tools to do real well. Just look @ the 3-4 as "linebacker friendly"

Okay, but the more I read the more I realize we've got enough guys to start in a 3-4 but hardly any backups.

If anyone deserves, Rocky does.

He played even better than his stats show this year. He was one of those guys I enjoyed watching when I re-watched some games and focused on a player instead of the ball instead. I find that enjoyable, that's how lame I am, lol.

are you kidding me? Rocky would so fit in a 3-4 defense. Hes got all the tools to do real well. Just look @ the 3-4 as "linebacker friendly"

Yea, It's kind of beyond me how people will comment on things they kind of have no information on. Rocky and Orakpo are as close as you get to 3-4 linebackers.

Archived