Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(From a Previous Date) PFT: Skins Talking Extension With McIntosh(Merged)

Soup

make it happen, though if 2010 is uncapped, Rocky Mac won't be a free agent after next year like initially anticipated.

However, the idea of locking up someone we actually drafted for a long-term (aside from Cooley and Samuels), who would have thought!?!?!?

While they're at it, give Montgomery a moderate extension as well. Otherwise, we are looking at having to replace every DT aside from Haynesworth after next season as Griffin will likely be released and Montgomery/Golston are free agents (unless 2010 is uncapped).

Good to see were getting our guys locked up.. hopefully carlos is next!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/23/skins-talking-extension-with-mcintosh/

Apparently, that $5.96 million in cap space is burning a hole in the Redskins’ loin cloths. (That’s an image we could live without.)

The ‘Skins are talking to linebacker Rocky McIntoshmag-glass_10x10.gif about a new deal.

According to agent Drew Rosenhaus, who recently was hired to represent McIntosh, a meeting occurred Thursday morning at Redskins Park regarding a possible contract extension.

McIntosh is entering the final year of his four-year rookie deal. He’s due to earn a base salary of $535,000 in 2009. The second-round pick from the 2006 draft appeared in 16 games last season, starting 15 of them.

He's a bust. Let's see if he can stay healthy this year, and play well consistently before we extend him. He hasn't shown me anything. He starts b/c no one else is even close to a game ready OLB. He could barely hit the field his rookie season, but we are so thin at OLB now he has to.

Do it up...keep as much of the young core of this D intact as you can!

Landry, Horton, Hall, Rogers, Doughty (depth), Moore (depth), Smoot (depth), Rocky, Blades (hopefully eventually MLB), Haynesworth, Carther, Monty, Golston...I like the way that side of the ball is shaping up!

best way to improve that is to add Orakpo...I know pipe dream!

If that can't happen one of the USC Linebackers....Rey Maualuga is my pick. Reminds me of a Troy Polamalu type player and it has nothing to do with the hair or Clay Matthews.

He's a bust. Let's see if he can stay healthy this year, and play well consistently before we extend him. He hasn't shown me anything. He starts b/c no one else is even close to a game ready OLB. He could barely hit the field his rookie season, but we are so thin at OLB now he has to.

Love your optimism!

I think this is a great move if it goes down.

Specifically, Rocky will be in his 2nd year since the knee surgery, which is typically the year that the player regains most of his explosiveness back rather than the 1st year when he's still rebuilding the strength and getting everything in rhythm again.

Therefore, he's gonna probably put up huge numbers not only because he'll be playing a lot faster and harder but also because of Haynesworth, meaning Rocky will be much tougher to re-sign at the end of the season. This is a very smart move if it goes down and it saves us money short and long term.

aah, the insight.

Archived