Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Worth It?

Dan T.

I stay away from any "chain" gig.

If they opened a Joe's Crab Shack ANYWHERE in MD, would you go there?

We have a stupid JCS here in Ft. Myers, never been though, I know what to expect. I hope you can visit the two I listed, one in ATL and the other in Tampa. You I believe would throughly enjoy them. The Chicago Chop House is not as fancy but it is classic, the owner is mostly there and is a riot. The Steaks are aged western beef and melt in your mouth.

not to hijack, but...

bill, have you been to lamotte's in new freedom for their crab cakes? if not, do it! pure back fin, no filler.

YES! been to Lamottes's many times. Hole in the wall, but the Crab Cakes are the best in the area. Better then some that I have had in MD

• 9 months later...

Hey Guys, quick question,

about to buy a gift certificate for a birthday present, last time I went with Morton's gift certificate, but is there a better steak/fish restaurant that I sho uld spend my money on? Is that place The Palms restaurant (where Danny took Shanny) an upgrade or equivalent to Morton's Steakhouse or is that a downgrade? I was thinking about getting them to try the Palms steakhouse this time instead, but I have never eaten there before (only had Mortons and Ruth Chris), thanks for your help

Hey Guys, quick question,

about to buy a gift certificate for a birthday present, last time I went with Morton's gift certificate, but is there a better steak/fish restaurant that I sho uld spend my money on? Is that place The Palms restaurant (where Danny took Shanny) an upgrade or equivalent to Morton's Steakhouse or is that a downgrade? I was thinking about getting them to try the Palms steakhouse this time instead, but I have never eaten there before (only had Mortons and Ruth Chris), thanks for your help

I think the Palm is on par with Morton's or Ruth's Chris.

Call the places directly, because sometimes they have special menus. Ruth's Chris had a salad/entree/side/+ mini dessert special in December for like 50 bucks! I took my wife there for anniversary dinner and expected to pay 200+ and was pleasantly surprised.

I love Ruth's and Morton's and Shula's. 100+$

but your order a steak and get it... eat it and hope its perfect.

nothing compares to Chima's:

they continuously bring you meat and you pick and choose what you like.

for about 60$ per person + drinks

http://www.chima.cc/menu_details.cfm?id=11

the Flank steak and the bacon wrapped chicken is just fantastic.

Palm on reputation is excellent. But its reputation is that it's more of a place to be seen and not as much for it's food (not that the food is bad). Ruth's Chris is a chain. I don't think highly of chains. Morton's is a chain too, but I'd put it up higher than RC.

I enjoy eating steaks at Great American Restaurants (Mike's in Springfield, Artie's in Fairfax, Sweet Water, Carlyle in Shirlington). Not as good as Morton's, but definitely better than any RC I've been to, and you're not paying the high end price for the "name". Rays the Steaks in Arlington and Silver Spring is good too. Prime Rib is a good place. Capital Grille as well. Also, Nora, if you like organic, grass fed beef.

I ate at Ruth's Chris right before the holidays. It was good food. It was on my firm's tab so the price didn't bother me much. I've always felt like those kind of restaurants catered to the expense account crowd anyway. You can show your client that you "value their relationship" by taking them to a restaurant that costs $40 for a piece of meat.

DC has fogo de chao (I think)

Fogo de Chao is the legit deal. Better than Texas de Brazil...

My Brazilian friend whose family actually owns a large steak house in Brazil says that Fogo de Chao would be considered to be really good steak house even in Brazil. At least Fogo de Chao in Houston is that good!

I ate at Ruth's Chris right before the holidays. It was good food. It was on my firm's tab so the price didn't bother me much. I've always felt like those kind of restaurants catered to the expense account crowd anyway. You can show your client that you "value their relationship" by taking them to a restaurant that costs $40 for a piece of meat.

lol yeah.. i went two weeks ago when my friend invited me and his clients for one of those dinner and chat deals...

man the tab was over $500 but he was paying with his expense account so he didnt care...

one good thing about those steak houses is that even their cheap wines are very good.

There are plenty of better steakhouses than RC.

if you want to go all LOCAL vs these chain steak houses like RC and Mortons then RC and Mortons got no chance...

However still doesnt change the fact that they are greate steak houses...

Anyone living in Houston want to recommend a great steak house with some reasonable prices?

if you want to go all LOCAL vs these chain steak houses like RC and Mortons then RC and Mortons got no chance...

However still doesnt change the fact that they are greate steak houses...

Anyone living in Houston want to recommend a great steak house with some reasonable prices?

Yes, they are great. But they are WAYYYYYY overpriced.

Give me Flo's Filet over RC anyday.

its alright...

let me drop some knowledge on yall cats though

http://www.peterluger.com/

winner

OK drop knowledge, lol.

Peter lugers is very good. I only ate at the one in Great Neck, but it was excellent. I knew a guy that would order steak for two...and eat it himself. He would say I'll have the steak for two for one" lol. Fat ****. Oh yeah it's cash only if you go, or at least it used to be.

Keens is excellent in Manhattan.

Also, maybe off topic a little, but has anyone ever eaten at Elaine's on the upper east side? I read a lot of Stuart Woods novels, and Stone Barrington and that crew is always eating there. Makes me want to go and order the Osso bucco. I heard the food kind of blows so I was wondering if anyone ever went.

Archived