Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Worth It?

Dan T.

I've never been to a Ruth's Chris Steak House. Who's been? Is it worth the bucks to go? What are the prices of the steaks? Which cut do you recommend to order? I heard all the side items are ala carte. How much are the sides? Is it true the menu doesn't have the prices listed?

Some friends of mine and I rented a room there just to big pimp it on new years about 5 years ago. The food actually was kind of average. I was not impressed. But again, it was new year's eve and they had to serve like 20 of us simultaneously. I'm sure the everyday experience would be different.

If you want to go ultra high class, go to the Prime Rib downtown. Mandatory coat and tie. Ungodly prime rib there.

Some friends of mine and I rented a room there just to big pimp it on new years about 5 years ago. The food actually was kind of average. I was not impressed. But again, it was new year's eve and they had to serve like 20 of us simultaneously. I'm sure the everyday experience would be different.

If you want to go ultra high class, go to the Prime Rib downtown. Mandatory coat and tie. Ungodly prime rib there.

my uncle is a chef there :D

I'm a fan. Ruth's Chris, Peter Luger... sign me up. It's too expensive once you add the sides, but you leave completely stuffed and anyway it's just money. You'll earn more.

(Note: I don't really feel that way about money. It just felt good to type it.)

I go every so often with a friend or two who are big steak fans like me. You can occasionally find better steaks out there in the world, but so what? These places are damned good and you can find them everywhere. I recommend the Cowboy Ribeye for first-time Ruth's Chris visitors.

I regularly eat at Ruth's Chris in my travels.

It's OK. If I know of a quality steakhouse in the area, I go there instead.

The best thing on the menu is the veal chops with hot peppers, which is outstanding and much better than any of the steaks.

It's only really expensive if you hammer the add ons like the $15-20 appetizers and desserts or the riduculously priced drinks.

sides and drinks is where they get you. The steaks are actually reasonably priced... iirc the Filet is around $40 or so. Of course that is just a piece of meat and nothing else :)

But yes- it is a dam good steak, I don't care who you are. Though I do agree with PB that mortons is better. Of course, I've only eaten at the Mortons in Nashville and the Ruths Chris in Knoxville. So it could be regional too.

I bet if you take your significant other you could probably get out of there at around $120.

Probably a cool thing to do once in a while imo

My wife and I have been a few times, usually for nice occasions. Two filet's, sides, a bottle of wine, dessert etc. plus tip can get you in the $200 range. That's why we go only once in a great while.

I personally think the steaks are incredibly good. I always get mine oscar style, with a crabcake on top.

Now if we are talking just about beef...I recommend finding a churrascaria (Brazilian Steak house) in your area if you have one.

It's a beefapalooza.

I ate at Fogo De Chao (or however the hell it's spelled) in the Inner Harbor near ESPN Zone.

Holy crap they're like drug dealers, except with beef.

The salad bar was awesome too

I ate at Fogo De Chao (or however the hell it's spelled) in the Inner Harbor near ESPN Zone.

Holy crap they're like drug dealers, except with beef.

The salad bar was awesome too

Why have I never heard of that place? You said its by ESPN Zone, I'll have to check it out

Me and Murf and Gary Fitz and some of the producers at Redskins.com tried to walk into a Brazilian steakhouse in Cincy Sat night b/f the game. It was a 2 hour wait. In a recession :doh:

Apparently, the Brazilian steakhouse idea is a pretty popular thing. What would the wait be in a good economy? 4 hours?

Archived