Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals - Playoff Hockey - Next Season Guys! Congrats!

Springfield

Man...we missed out on Richards AND Getzlaf? Ouch...either one of those guys would make a HUGE difference on this squad. Probably would mean no Federov and Kozlov though.

yeah, but then again, Semyon Varlamov and Michael Neuvirth were absolute steals picking them up with our number 23 pick and number 34 pick, respectively.

Man...we missed out on Richards AND Getzlaf? Ouch...either one of those guys would make a HUGE difference on this squad. Probably would mean no Federov and Kozlov though.

Well Eric Fehr being the pick sandwiched directly inbetween Zach Parise and Ryan Getzlaf probably stings the most.

Tonight's refs

BILL McCREARY (Guelph, ON) 6-5 (6-4 last season, 9-9 last two seasons, 9-13 last three seasons)

11th October vs Chicago - W 4-2

21st October at Calgary - L 1-2

15th November at New Jersey - L 5-6 (SO)

13th December at Montreal - W 2-1

3rd February at New Jersey - W 5-2

7th February vs Florida - W 3-1

10th March at Nashville - W 2-1 (OT)

21st March at Carolina - L 1-4

3rd April vs Buffalo - L 4-5 (OT)

26th Aptil at NY Rangers (first round playoff Game 6) - W 5-3

9th May vs Pittsburgh (second round playoff Game 5) - L 3-4 (OT)

DAN O'HALLORAN (Essex, ON) 3-3 (2-5 last season, 4-8 last two seasons, 5-9 last three seasons)

22nd November at San Jose - L 2-7

6th January vs Philadelphia - W 2-1 (SO)

5th February vs Los Angeles - L 4-5

12th March at Philadelphia - W 2-1

28th April vs NY Rangers (first round playoff Game 7) - W 2-1

6th May at Pittsburgh (second round playoff Game 3) - L 2-3 (OT)

The official Caps board is not happy about it

So the Junkies this morning mentioned that Mike Green is going to be using a stick from the Hall of Fame tonight because the "new" sticks he's been using for the playoffs have thrown him off so much. Is that true? Anyone know the story behind this?

I'm a music major, and today are my juries, which means I have to play in front of a panel of judges and they critique me, etc.

Right now I'm sitting in a practice room, waiting for 3:30 which is when the juries are...but the only thing I can really think about is game 7...

So the Junkies this morning mentioned that Mike Green is going to be using a stick from the Hall of Fame tonight because the "new" sticks he's been using for the playoffs have thrown him off so much. Is that true? Anyone know the story behind this?

Channel 4 reported that he had asked the NHL HOF to return the stick before game 6 with the understanding that he'd only use it if there were a game 7. They reported this the 6pm edition before game 6.

According to the post blog by Tarik Mike didn't recieve any Stealths in time so he will using the S17. Maybe that one finds it's way to HOF as well.

I heard he got the stick, and also someone posted in this thread that fans gave him a half-dozen stealths.

He used to use a certain stick when he broke the record for consecutive games with a goal streak for defensmen earlier in the season , and sent one to the NHL when he did. They stopped making them since and he ran out of them. So he asked for it back and said he would only use it if we made it to game 7.

Archived