Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-gazette.com: Steelers backup QB Leftwich in talks with Redskins(M.E.T.)

Hooper

What are you  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What are you

• a lover
    • a hater
    • a casual observer
    • Why do we have to label everything, man. I'm amorphous

Jason Campbell will not be a Redskin very much longer. It doesn't matter how you feel about the guy, the Skins didn't offer him an extension and tried very heavily to trade him. He is done in Washington. My personal opinion is that the Skins will sign Leftwich for this year and move up in the draft to get Sanchez.

The Skins is not going to move up in the draft for Sanchez. We are not that desperate for a qb that we would have to move up for a qb who hasnt even played a down in the NFL.

The Skins is not going to move up in the draft for Sanchez. We are not that desperate for a qb that we would have to move up for a qb who hasnt even played a down in the NFL.

I agree. If Campbell doesn't produce this year, next year we will targeting one.

I agree. If Campbell doesn't produce this year, next year we will targeting one.

Logic would tell you that. However, Snyder wants a franchise QB and he has not shown logic thus far so I do not expect him too in the future. I still say, if Sanchez is there at 13 we will take him. If we can trade to the 8th spot or so I would not rule that out either. What if next year we are mediocre because of an awesome d and a horrible o? We still have the same problem.

For the record, I agree we need to focus on a starting OT in the first. However, I see us going to a QB if he is available

What is the point of trying to sign Leftwich? Seriously?

There are already three QB's on the roster and strong cases have been made that each of the three could start. Even if we had an open competition, I don't see there being any room for a fourth QB.

Maybe because Leftwich is better than Todd Collins.

Maybe because Leftwich is better than Todd Collins.

Leftwich is not going to leave Pittsburgh for another backup gig. The hold up is the fact he wants to be able to compete for the starting gig and the Skins aren't ready to offer that.

Yet

and what, we'll just cut collins?

leftwich has such a slow release too. i guess he's fairly accurate, but i don't really see the point.

I'm with you. I don't see why we are evening entertaining this idea. BL had one great season, not much other than that other than one or two good games here and there. We already have that for our starter; we don't need that as our back-up as well.

*** Update ***

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09100/961928-66.stm

Steelers Notebook: Team offers Leftwich 2-year deal

The two-year offer from the Steelers is close to minimum wage for Leftwich, according to sources familiar with the negotiations. The minimum for him would be $620,000 in 2009 and $755,000 in '10.

Leftwich, though, prefers a one-year contract if he returns to the Steelers. He signed a one-year contract with them in August after Charlie Batch's clavicle was broken in a preseason game.

this sucks though for anyone hoping to see colt. this means we'd sign leftwich, probably dump collins, and there wouldnt even be a competition because byron wouldnt take a 3rd QB role, and neither would campbell.

another year of colt on the bench. ugh.

I disagree because Byron won't change teams unless he has a chance to compete for the starting gig. If we sign BL or draft MS then Jason is gone and the three left fight for the starting spot.

An upgrade over Campbell? That's not the purpose of this deal.

An upgrade over Collins? Over Brennan? I would say yes to both. He would immediately be #2.

Really? You want to add a QB that has THE slowest wind up and delivery of any QB in the NFL to a team that runs a WC Offense? There is no fit there.

One thing not mentioned was that he visited Tampa Bay as well, and they also didn't offer him a contract.

I figure it will be some time after the draft when he does sign as teams figure out what they do have and Bryan figures out what his best chance is at starting.

Archived