Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-gazette.com: Steelers backup QB Leftwich in talks with Redskins(M.E.T.)

Hooper

What are you  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What are you

• a lover
    • a hater
    • a casual observer
    • Why do we have to label everything, man. I'm amorphous

Just watch NFL network, It was some girl. They did not say much else about it. I'm sure they will talk about it again soon.

Don't know what you or the girl are talking about but please do keep us posted.:)

I don't get this signing, if it happens. Leftwich is a worse fit in a WCO then Campbell is.

I guess it could be a "fan morale" move by Snyderrato after the Culter talk. Bringin' in the hometown boy.

What games have you watched. While he always had flaws, he's been a better QB in this league than Campbell and is only a year older.

He seems to have tightened his release and he played well last year.

Someone on CPND made mention of doing this move MONTHS ago and kept hammering away at it. I think it's a good move because

1) why do people think Campbell is young and Leftwich has nothing to offer? Maybe Leftwich HAS developed (went to a different system in Atlanta and Pittsburgh and seemed to fit well, in Pitt at least) and still has a future in this league. Campbell has more ability but Leftwich never had a problem actually hitting guys in stride, he just hit them too late. But he was capable of hitting guys deep and things like that.

2) Leftwich performed last year. At the least he's worth exploring as a backup. If he has elevated his game and approach, then you are silly not to go with an insurance policy in case Campbell fails and Colt isn't ready.

Wow. Who'd a thunk it? Another QB staring at the sky after being manhandled by another D-Line. Ramsey, Brunell, Campbell and now Leftwich.

Changng the battery 4 times is not going to fix the alternator.

Sorry, but you keep making the rather stupid mistake of thinking that the offensive line in late 2008 was the same as it was in 2006, 2005, etc.

Just goes to your lack of ability to approach analysis of the game, sorry to say. And yet you still insist that a team without a good o-line (ooops, New England in the first two championships and ooops, Pitt last year) can't win anything.

Guess who will be number 1?:D:D:D:D

VVVVV

And why isn't Leftwich an upgrade to JC? How about letting it play out over the course of a preseason and the first game or two.

Orton took over from Grossman, didn't he? Didn't Brunell take over for Ramsey (a bit too soon, IMO but that's the fact.)

At the very least, I think the FO no longer wants to guarantee Jason a spot, no matter what they say (I hope while winking) to someone else.

Besides the article clearly states Leftwich could start if Jason is "injured or ineffective." INEFFECTIVE. That just means the position IS up for grabs just not in camp.

JZ was brought in just last year to tutor JC, and we draft a QB and resign our backup for several years.

We trade away this years 2nd and 6th round pick for a player no longer on the team.

Fortunately us fans get saved from Snderatto by the Bears (again) with the Cutler fiasco, just to now have us now look at Leftwich (while we still have major needs on both lines and LB). It makes our FO look like a rudderless ship to me.

After further review lol I still like Leftwich as a player but he may not fit the offense/scheme here as pointed out by many. I think he has good instincts and slings the rock well though. Quicker decision making and despite the wind up the ball gets there in a hurry.

And why isn't Leftwich an upgrade to JC? How about letting it play out over the course of a preseason and the first game or two.

Orton took over from Grossman, didn't he? Didn't Brunell take over for Ramsey (a bit too soon, IMO but that's the fact.)

At the very least, I think the FO no longer wants to guarantee Jason a spot, no matter what they say (I hope while winking) to someone else.

Besides the article clearly states Leftwich could start if Jason is "injured or ineffective." INEFFECTIVE. That just means the position IS up for grabs just not in camp.

He's not an upgrade because he's a year behind in the offense, if for no other reason. That could change during the course of season, I agree, but it's likely to be more toward the end than the beginning.

Lots of theroys.

Could be that they have already arranged for JC to be traded for a #2 pick in the draft.

And no, they wouldnt want that to be public till it got close to draft time.

Or it could be that they are just looking to replace Collins????????

Looks like the next couple of weeks could be interesting.

He's not an upgrade because he's a year behind in the offense, if for no other reason. That could change during the course of season, I agree, but it's likely to be more toward the end than the beginning.

Bingo! Colt, if you think you can do this, do it. If anything goes wrong down the road Lefty will step in. # 2 draft pick for JC. If Snyder did this I'd sing his praises forever. :paranoid:

Geez, The comments around here are amazing.

If Leftwich signs it will be as a backup. If I were Todd Collins I would be worried. Leftwich will NOT replace JC as QB. Todd Collins is making a lot more

than vet minimum (Three years 9 mil). The FO is trying to dump some cash to increase cap room for the upcoming draft.

JZ was brought in just last year to tutor JC, and we draft a QB and resign our backup for several years.

We trade away this years 2nd and 6th round pick for a player no longer on the team.

Fortunately us fans get saved from Snderatto by the Bears (again) with the Cutler fiasco, just to now have us now look at Leftwich (while we still have major needs on both lines and LB). It makes our FO look like a rudderless ship to me.

this years second, next year's sixth. We traded this years seventh for Erasmus James, but got a seventh round compensation pick.

For those into the Vinny->Sanchez conspiracy.... If this deal will not go through, then it will add more to that rumor that we want Sanchez.. LOL

I don't understand why Byron hasn't gotten offered a starting gig somewhere. He's got the talent for it. The only reason JAx let him go, was Garrard was near equivalent in skill at the time, and cheaper.

Geez, The comments around here are amazing.

If Leftwich signs it will be as a backup. If I were Todd Collins I would be worried. Leftwich will NOT replace JC as QB. Todd Collins is making a lot more

than vet minimum (Three years 9 mil). The FO is trying to dump some cash to increase cap room for the upcoming draft.

Logic. Meet extremeskins. Extremeskins meet logic. It is our extreme hope that from this day forward you never leave one anothers side.

Archived