Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-gazette.com: Steelers backup QB Leftwich in talks with Redskins(M.E.T.)

Hooper

What are you  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What are you

• a lover
    • a hater
    • a casual observer
    • Why do we have to label everything, man. I'm amorphous

I actually like this move. Instant QB competition. He has a slow release but unlike JC he sees the whole field and makes quick decisions. He killed us last year when he filled in for Big Ben.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09094/960661-100.stm

Byron Leftwich paid a visit to the Washington Redskins Friday and the two sides are talking about a contract.

Leftwich does not yet have an offer from the Steelers, where he was the backup quarterback last season after an injury to Charlie Batch in the preseason.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert, their director of football operations, have each said they'd like to re-sign both Leftwich and Batch. Both are unrestricted free agents.

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

So, contract discussions, not a definite. Maybe change the title of this one.

I really hope we get him though. I've been a fan of his for a long time and was talking about this exact type of signing for us with a friend last night who happens to be a Steelers fan.

How many times can you kick Jason Campbell in the nuts in one week?

Gotta root for the hometown heroes, though.... but I'm not sure how Leftwich would fit with our offense? Maybe I'm completely wrong and he has done well in the WCO before, but his style of play doesn't seem like the perfect fit...

Jason Campbell will not be a Redskin very much longer. It doesn't matter how you feel about the guy, the Skins didn't offer him an extension and tried very heavily to trade him. He is done in Washington. My personal opinion is that the Skins will sign Leftwich for this year and move up in the draft to get Sanchez.

What is the point of trying to sign Leftwich? Seriously?

There are already three QB's on the roster and strong cases have been made that each of the three could start. Even if we had an open competition, I don't see there being any room for a fourth QB.

Jason Campbell will not be a Redskin very much longer. It doesn't matter how you feel about the guy, the Skins didn't offer him an extension and tried very heavily to trade him. He is done in Washington. My personal opinion is that the Skins will sign Leftwich for this year and move up in the draft to get Sanchez.

I think they're giving Campbell (and possibly Zorn) this season to prove something. I fully believe that if JC has a good to great season he will be offered a lucrative contract when all is said and done.

I've liked Leftwhich ever since I saw him finish that game with a broken leg, despite not being able to walk fast enough to get to the huddle. That took balls.

I think he could be a great #2 for us with the ability to fill in/replace Campbell if that day comes. I'm still holding out hope that Campbell can be our guy but I've been a Leftwich fan for a while so he's not a bad backup choice.

At first I thought this was an april fools thread, I think this is a retarded move. We already have Campbell who is a very similar Qb to Leftwich. Both Qbs have shown flashes of great potential but have never shown to be consistent franchise Qbs yet. IMO this is retarded.

What is the point of trying to sign Leftwich? Seriously?

There are already three QB's on the roster and strong cases have been made that each of the three could start. Even if we had an open competition, I don't see there being any room for a fourth QB.

I believe someone is leaving.. i think it is Collins

Archived