Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What Has This Whole Cutler Trade Rumor Situation Showed You?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I've learned that Dan Snyder has not learned from his mistakes of the past.

I'm Confused,

I always thought Snyders mistakes from the past were overpriced washed up big name free agents, we actually haven't signed 1 of those in quite a few years. How is going after the Best QB available a mistake?

So, wanting to upgrade the most important single position is "crazy" and going after "shiny new" when guys like Cutler are almost NEVER available at this stage of their careers. Got it.

Let's hate on Vinny and Snyder. No one else on the team EVER discussed maybe that Jason wasn't as good. Hell, they may have been "all right" with Jason starting but saw the opportunity and tried to make it happen.

No reason for bashing there. And if they balked at the price, that's supposed to be to their credit not a reason to call them stupid.

talk about bipolar fans.

Perfect.

They saw an opportunity to land a franchise QB. They went hard after it. They wanted to get it done. But, when the price became just too steep, they couldnt pull the trigger.

A+. I really wish the bears would have just went away, though. A 25 year old franchise QB on the market....man, that doesnt happen every day.

I'm Confused,

I always thought Snyders mistakes from the past were overpriced washed up big name free agents, we actually haven't signed 1 of those in quite a few years. How is going after the Best QB available a mistake?

It's not about whether someone is washed up or not. It's that he doesn't care about the draft and will wildly overpay for a free agent, i.e. two first-round and a third-round pick.

As for us not going after washed up players "in quite a few years," Jason Taylor, Brandon Lloyd, T.J. Duckett and Adam Archuleta were all in the past three years.

The Broncos traded Cutler today to Chicago for a package that includes Kyle Orton, two first-round draft picks and the swap of third- and fifth-round picks. Campbell acknowledged that he was disappointed in having his name involved in the trade speculation, "but you can't let that get to you. You really just have to understand what it is. That's the business side of it and you have to go do your job still."

class our organization doesnt deserve

I realized that we were saved by another team outbidding us, but that doesn't clear the FO from what happened. Not that I realized it for the first time, but this fiasco showed how shockingly shortsighted so many of the members of this board are. They were willing to throw our first round QB under the bus without ever giving him a shot just to pay a ridiculous price for some other teams problem child. I wish there was some way to ban the pro-cutler people from ever complaining about the Snyder playing fantasy football with the team, because they were ready to whore themselves and their sisters and mothers to the Broncos for Cutler.

Disgraceful.

class our organization doesnt deserve

Absolutely. I was ambivalent about the FO before this, but this fiasco changed my mind. The only way we are going to win a superbowl with this current regime is if we stumble onto the Lombardi trophy by luck. I'm embarrassed by the way we do business. We are no better than the circus that is the Cowboys.

Our FO has embarrassed itself so many times, that if there's any big name out there on the market that expects more than they're worth, everyone expects the Redskins to go out there and overpay for them. I'm so glad we didn't.

PS: I second the notion that Jason Campbell has shown an exemplary amount of class and maturity in this situation and throughout his time in DC. The rest of the organization could learn a thing or two from this young man, and I, for one, hope he is here for a long time.

I have a prediction- if we don't go to the playoffs this year, then Vinny and Dan let Zorn go (I like Zorn). Then the new coach gets stuck picking our next quarterback after the Skins announce they are not re-signing Campbell. This way Vinny (no risk-taker) Cerrato, since he passed on both Drew Brees and Cutler,can then remain as the General Manager and won't lose his job. If the new coach picks a bad quarterback, then the negative heat from the fans gets directed at the new Coach.

What we've learned is that this "It's all of us" line that we've kept being fed is just a bunch of crap.

Snyderrato went after Cutler hard and didn't consult or at the very least notify Jim Zorn as to what they were doing. Thus leading statements from Zorn that make him out to be either a liar or more likely, completely in the dark as to what was going on.

I have no problem with the Front Office being seperate from the coaches. That's the way it should be. Frankly I wish we showed that when Greg Blache tells them to bring back Geezer 1 and Geezer 2 at DE. But to not ask Zorn if Cutler is somebody he wants or feels would be a good fit, especially with QB mentoring being Zorn's forte' is just flat out stupid. Zorn made statements that as far as he knew the Redskins have not shown any interest in Cutler. So either he was lying (little chance) or he was kept in the dark.

As bad as we all know this organization is, we've just gotten some insight that it may be even worse than we thought.

I have a prediction- if we don't go to the playoffs this year, then Vinny and Dan let Zorn go (I like Zorn). Then the new coach gets stuck picking our next quarterback after the Skins announce they are not re-signing Campbell. This way Vinny (no risk-taker) Cerrato, since he passed on both Drew Brees and Cutler,can then remain as the General Manager and won't lose his job. If the new coach picks a bad quarterback, then the negative heat from the fans gets directed at the new Coach.

considering the talk about the FO with this supposed trade that was supposed to happen they'd have to realize that wouldn't work.

Then the new coach gets stuck picking our next quarterback after the Skins announce they are not re-signing Campbell.

But this is exactly what we need......the head coach of this team having the QB that HE wants.

Again, when's the last time the Skins have had the same coach and QB on the sidelines and taking the first snap on opening day in consecutive years?

Answer: Norv and Brad, 1999-2000

And you wonder why this team hasn't been successful.

Guys say what you want but why are we slighting them for a chance at an upgrade?

We have no idea what was offered, it may have been modest. Unless someone really agrees Campbell is better than Cutler, I see nothing wrong with what we did. We took a chance, it didnt work out now we have to figure out the next step. I think we should be more upset that we traded so much for Campbell and now would love to just get a 2nd back...thats terrible!!

It's not about whether someone is washed up or not. It's that he doesn't care about the draft and will wildly overpay for a free agent, i.e. two first-round and a third-round pick.

As for us not going after washed up players "in quite a few years," Jason Taylor, Brandon Lloyd, T.J. Duckett and Adam Archuleta were all in the past three years.

OK I see where your coming from, other than J taylor that was all Cerratto and Snyder, B Lloyd, Duckett and AA were all Joe Gibbs decisions or am I wrong again?

Archived