Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What Has This Whole Cutler Trade Rumor Situation Showed You?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It does stand to be said that when Cutler went down, Forte was there with Hanie, and as good as Forte is, not having Cutler made it a helluva lot harder on him.

Cutler went down, I think, one game before Forte so it's hard to credit either of them individually for the losing streak. In my opinion, though, that offense relied on Forte a lot more that it relied on Cutler.

I definitely think Cutler going down hurt them much more than Forte. Both were crushing to them, but I think it's always better to have your starting QB and Cutler is a good one. Forte was a strength on that offense but a lot of his success is due to the fact that defenses had to respect Cutler. They didn't have to respect Hanie.

Cutler went down, I think, one game before Forte so it's hard to credit either of them individually for the losing streak. In my opinion, though, that offense relied on Forte a lot more that it relied on Cutler.

I don't see it this day and age, QBs make the O. Forte was amazing, no doubt but the defense had to respect Cutler.

I don't see it this day and age, QBs make the O. Forte was amazing, no doubt but the defense had to respect Cutler.

I understand that is the often accepted assumption in today's NFL, but that wasn't the Bears. Forte, through 11 1/2 games, had a few yards under 1000 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards. He was their number one rushing threat. He was their number one passing threat. He led them in catches even though he missed the final 4 games. They literally rode him every game he played in. I don't see how anyone who watched their games could say Cutler, who was at around 2300 yards through 11 games, was carrying that offense. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt because I know most would think a QB like Cutler would be carrying his offense, but in reality it wasn't even close if you watched them play. Cutler's job was to get the ball into Forte's hands either hand off or throw.

I definitely think Cutler going down hurt them much more than Forte. Both were crushing to them, but I think it's always better to have your starting QB and Cutler is a good one. Forte was a strength on that offense but a lot of his success is due to the fact that defenses had to respect Cutler. They didn't have to respect Hanie.

Long time Bears fan here:

You nailed it!

I understand that is the often accepted assumption in today's NFL, but that wasn't the Bears. Forte, through 11 1/2 games, had a few yards under 1000 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards. He was their number one rushing threat. He was their number one passing threat. He led them in catches even though he missed the final 4 games. They literally rode him every game he played in. I don't see how anyone who watched their games could say Cutler, who was at around 2300 yards through 11 games, was carrying that offense. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt because I know most would think a QB like Cutler would be carrying his offense, but in reality it wasn't even close if you watched them play. Cutler's job was to get the ball into Forte's hands either hand off or throw.

Because Forte came back and they still struggled to move the ball and put points on the board.

Archived