Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto

RedskinWill

I don't know dcoles, it made me laugh.

ehh the source ruined it for me.

So lets get back on topic, there is a book out where some guy is talking about what real conservatism is and he's probably claiming that the past 8 years were not it nor were pretty much any elected Republican that ran as conservative.

Sounds like an awesome read.

How about this one then, dccoles (I just made it up) :D

This horse walks into a bar and the bartedner says, "why the long face?'

<laugh> and the horse says "I'm sad, I just killed all the liberals."

"well hell," says the bartender, why would that make you sad?" <laugh>

"The horse answers, "Because now all that's left are those sorry-ass conservatives." <hysterical laughter>

That better? :cool2: :D

How about this one then, dccoles (I just made it up) :D

This horse walks into a bar and the bartedner says, "why the long face?'

<laugh> and the horse says "I'm sad, I just killed all the liberals."

"well hell," says the bartender, why would that make you sad?" <laugh>

"The horse answers, "Because now all that's left are those sorry-ass conservatives." <hysterical laughter>

That better? :cool2: :D

If you ever teach a class on being funny, witty, ect. I will hand you a blank check, write down any amount and I will pay it! :D

That really was good, especially being that you came up with it in like 5 seconds. Impressive.

I've learned something over the year/years here at ES...

Don't post a thread that is conservative leaning after 11PM. The tailgate is filled with way to many libs for your point to be understood and agreed upon. The libs will come in and counterpoint your thread to death.

If you post a liberal leaning thread during the day, it is much more likely to be counterpointed by conservatives to the point where the point of the thread doesn't come across.

Just an observation.

I've learned something over the year/years here at ES...

Don't post a thread that is conservative leaning after 11PM. The tailgate is filled with way to many libs for your point to be understood and agreed upon. The libs will come in and counterpoint your thread to death.

If you post a liberal leaning thread during the day, it is much more likely to be counterpointed by conservatives to the point where the point of the thread doesn't come across.

Just an observation.

Tis a bit tricky sailing on the sometimes rough seas of this particular area of the bandwidth. The S.S. Extremeskins does tend to list strongly to the port or starboard at times. Could be a ballast thing. ;)

is RedskinWill really Dr. Levin trying to sell books? He is a new member, kinda fishy ;)

If there is a BearWill, ColtWill, 49erWill, ect on other team boards talking this book i'm going to call shenanigans!

No, I'm not neither one. I don't post that often and Just wanted feedback on the book, that is all.

So, what are some of the main points of the book?

What's the Reader's Digest version (or the even quicker abstract)

From the opening, it sounds like it's a hate fest that wants to blame only one side for the transgressins of all.

Personally, I think that is very wrong. Everybody knows the horse did it.

So, what are some of the main points of the book?

What's the Reader's Digest version (or the even quicker abstract)

From the opening, it sounds like it's a hate fest that wants to blame only one side for the transgressins of all.

Personally, I think that is very wrong. Everybody knows the horse did it.

You admittedly know nothing about the book, but still can't avoid criticizing it... :)

From what I have heard (which isn't much), it goes back through history and looks at the origins of conservative thought... Not just our founding documents, but the philosophers who inspired those documents. I'm sure that kind of book will sound like a "hate-fest" for those who think learning from the past is hateful. Undoubtedly, it will have criticism of the last 8 years for both sides, mostly with regard to spending and the increase in Government size and influence. Doesn't necessarily have "hate" written all over it, even if you think Levin is abrasive (which he is, but doesn't make him hateful). Of all the guys on the radio, he is probably the most intelligent on either side of the aisle. I understand if his style rubs some the wrong way though.

I've only read one political book that I've enjoyed... Rich Lowry's book, Legacy: Paying the Price for the Clinton Years... Other books seem quite droll to me. I am tempted by this book.

As for your "horse" comment... I've heard a few others allude to this. Do you really believe that the Government has represented the ideals of conservatism? ever? If you had a problem with George Bush and what he represented... What has Obama done that would make you think he is very different from George Bush with regard to fiscal policy (other than spend a whole lot MORE of other people's money)?

What exactly was conservative about Bush? If Bush was conservative, wouldn't you see Obama reversing many of Bush's fiscal policies since Obama is supposed to be change (aka liberal)? The only thing Obama is changing is rolling back tax-cuts for the middle-class and above... and spending a lot more OPM...

I just can't take the Levin's (frankly all movement conservatives) of the world seriously. Where were they when it mattered?

Its funny...if McCain had one the presidency you wouldn't be hearing a peep out of these supposed grassroots conservatives. Poor bitter republican/conservatives...you had the ball and you fumbled...its all on you.

And I'm not a liberal, I'm justed pissed at the whole process.

You admittedly know nothing about the book, but still can't avoid criticizing it... :)

I was basing my criticism on the info/tenor from the opening post.

From what I have heard .... it might be a fun or interesting book. I don't know your description certainly sounds less volatile than how it was introduced earlier.

Thanks for the overview :cheers:

As for your "horse" comment... ...

umm... you obviously missed the running gag about horses in this thread

I dont care where he was for the last 10 years. Isnt it better to have ACTUAL conservative thought out there now for balance?

Isnt this EXACTLY what our country needs?

Arent we better with real debate? Isnt it better if both sides dont act like Liberals?

Feel free to vehemently disagree with his manifesto, but we should all applaud him for giving a true voice to the opposition.

And for those of you unfamiliar, Levin was a SCATHING critic of the GOP lead congress.

Archived