Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*** NOTEWORTHY POSTS *** Recent Addition: ES: First Cousins, Once RG3 is Removed

Mark The Homer

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Good idea, but not really feasible since it involves programming.

All a member would have to do is hit the multi-quote button of a noteworthy post. Then later, he could go to the Noteworthy Post sticky, click on the red Post Reply button,

reply.gif

and the white box will pop up and below it he would find this message:

You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post.

Clicking on Quote this post will cause the noteworthy post to magically appear in the noteworthy thread's white box.

Submit Reply.

No copying or pasting necessary.

i'd vote for a tailgate thread for the stadium impaired, to maybe guide some of the veteran members to potentially good threads in the stadium that will probably die off otherwise.

but pb thought of that 3 years ago, and the mods shut it down.

Hmm, I wasn't aware of that.

The advantage now is we have the magic blue arrow which is new as of September, I believe.

I'll give a hundred bucks to the first person who agrees to copy and paste, daily, at least 2 keeastman posts into this noteworthy post thread for the next 6 months...any takers?

Okay, for real though, I don't really care either way. I do think that I would check out the "noteworthy" thread though, it would be either really entertaining or really informative. Either way, it's a plus.

• 7 months later...

Bumping this. We've just added a new Noteworthy Post by Khlav Kalash! See the OP.

I thought this poll was going to fail. The nays were at 19 and the yays at 14 initially. But things have been reversing lately. And most haven't voted on this because this thread was hiding in the Tailgate. If we can get the Yays to 60% or more, we might sticky this periodically when things are slow.

It's up to you.

• 5 months later...

there's at least three threads debating Okung on the forum...

If one was good, we could ahve just that one instead of all these extra worthless threads people start everyday that end up pushing the "noteworthy" ones down down down down... well, you get the point.

I'll give a hundred bucks to the first person who agrees to copy and paste, daily, at least 2 keeastman posts into this noteworthy post thread for the next 6 months...any takers?

Okay, for real though, I don't really care either way. I do think that I would check out the "noteworthy" thread though, it would be either really entertaining or really informative. Either way, it's a plus.

Off to find another post to quote...

By the way, as for the idea of this thread...one thing that occurred for me is that when I opened this thread I read one of the posts from a thread I never bothered clicking on because I figured the dialog/commentary on the topic was gonna be both repetitive and juvenile...but after reading it in this thread I could see I was mistaken. So this type of thread does have the advantage of letting people like myself who automatically skip over, say, the latest "Why McNabb Will Succeed/Fail" thread to discover that one of those threads was actually well written, well thought-out and interesting.

dang I don't remember this thread lOL

Well, it was originally released in the Tailgate- our thinking being they were the more experienced and a closer knit group of ESers, even if a smaller ES group. But we, or at least I, was disappointed that they (the tailgate forum) seemed to think this would be about self-promotion, given they gave it a vote of 19-14, nays favor. :doh:

Glad to see the TRUE ESers, as in the regs of this forum, can see what is up and can vote appropriately. :)

I think this is a great idea. ES makes me proud to be a Redskins fan a lot of the time, and it's awesome that there's a way to show people who are new here the kind of quality discussion we have on this board.

I think it would give the "fly by nighters" something to aspire to. With that said, I think many of us feel our opinion is second only to TK, so I would like to see a way where a someone could not sticky their own post. Also, do we consider their overall number of posts? A grading system which would acknowledge good posts from Cheerleaders, Bench Warmers, etc?

I think if this was done correctly, it would improve the boards overall, and save time for many of us who dont want to read back and forth bashing all day.

I'm strongly in favor of the general idea. It's become much too hard to find the scattered insightful posts (which do still exist) amongst the chaff.

How about this, as a compromise that retains the benefits of such a thread being moderated while imposing much less burden on the mods: have a "Nominated Noteworthy Posts" thread (in the Tailgate?) in which all users can nominate posts for potential inclusion in a separate, perma-stickied "Noteworthy Posts" thread. Mods would periodically go through the Nominated thread and multi-quote into the Noteworthy thread the posts they think warrant inclusion (and could also put in any other posts they felt like including).

While this two-tiered process is a bit complicated, the complexity has the benefit of tending to screen out the knuckleheads who would be most likely to nominate dross.

Thanks Mark for making yet another great thread to make this site better.:logo:
Thank-you, sir. :cheers:

I think if this was done correctly, it would improve the boards overall, and save time for many of us who dont want to read back and forth bashing all day.

Yes. Our only intention is to enable a high quality post to become more visible.
I'm strongly in favor of the general idea. It's become much too hard to find the scattered insightful posts (which do still exist) amongst the chaff.

How about this, as a compromise that retains the benefits of such a thread being moderated while imposing much less burden on the mods: have a "Nominated Noteworthy Posts" thread (in the Tailgate?) in which all users can nominate posts for potential inclusion in a separate, perma-stickied "Noteworthy Posts" thread. Mods would periodically go through the Nominated thread and multi-quote into the Noteworthy thread the posts they think warrant inclusion (and could also put in any other posts they felt like including).

While this two-tiered process is a bit complicated, the complexity has the benefit of tending to screen out the knuckleheads who would be most likely to nominate dross.

Actually, this thread started in the Tailgate, and the idea was shot down pretty quickly. :doh: It was around 40% or so, because everybody seemed to think it would be about ego-boosting. :wtf:

I was hoping to get it up to 60% by moving it here, and I'm happy to see it up to 70% as of now. :)

The perma-sticky thing won't work because we have too many threads to perma-stick already. So most of those threads reside in the Feedback Forum.

I personally don't mind the "burden." The trick is getting people to nominate a quality post. This thread has existed for thirteen months, and so far we have a grand total of zero nominations. :ols:

The posts in the OP were found by me, and I know there are dozens I have missed, but I can't read everything. Also, I know my opinion is not necessarily shared by all. So I invite the membership to nominate a post when they see one. Just PM me.

I am unsticking this now - until next time. :) Thanks for your votes!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived