Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terry Bradshaw's comments on the Skins and JC

morpheusmeyers

[

quote=Larry Brown #43;6245345]I like Colt too...but if I recall correctly, Sonny was in love with the idea of acquiring Jeff George (and even recommended it) back in 2000. I love Sonny to death, but there's a reason he's not a GM. :D

Me too ,Sonny is great but he has loved every Skins QB till the team doesn't win then he moves on,and Sonny has always loved the back up....no matter who it is.

Why, I mean everyone loves the back up but why do they like him so much?College was college....he has no pro games to base that on.

One doesn't need to see a pro game to see a player throwing the ball accurately and only where his WR can catch it.

Did you know Colt beat out Matt Ryan on College Football Challenge when it came to accuracy. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EjhNYsp7fM&feature=related

Said he is concerned about the team's starting quarterback, though he really liked the kid coming out of Auburn.

A non-answer. What does "concerned" mean? Does Terry see something in his mechanics? Something in his demeanor? Is he learning too slow?

'splain, Lootzie.

Said the team is set at the RB position.

Pretty obvious. However, Portis' habit of wearing down at the end of a season is troubling.

Said that the team needs some help on the OL. Howie chimed in with the fact that he thinks Skins had the oldest starting OL last season.

Anything "inside" about this that any casual fan doesn't know?

Said last year's team started strong at 6-2 and fizzled down the stretch, and that's not a sign of a good team.

I found Bradshaw's comments about JC concerning partly because it was the 1st thing he mentioned about the Skins. Bradshaw acts like a clown on TV but he is a 4 time Super Bowl winner and 2 time Super Bowl MVP and is a good judge of the QB position. Thoughts from folks?

I don't know,, sounds like Terry reeled off some comments that didn't really give any further insight, or shine any light on where we are.

I don't mean to rain on the parade, and I'm sure it was a really cool thing to attend, so i hope my comments aren't construed as just being nitpicky.

Other interesting comments from the Q&A session...

When asked if Bill Cowher will return to coaching, both Bradshaw and Long said definitely. Bradshaw said he is surprised Cowher hasn't returned already.

When asked about a Michael Vick return to football, both Bradshaw and Long said they think he will definitely be reinstated. Long said he thinks 12-14 teams will be interested in Vick, though they don't want to leak that publicly because Vick is still a major hot topic.

I'd be surprised if Vick is reinstated, and I'd be further surprised if that many teams felt the risk was worth the chance. He's been out of football for 3 years,, no trainers, no practice, nothing. He had a lot of talent, but I don't know that anyone can drop it and pick it back up like that.

~Bang

seems like pretty standard generic "uh oh i didnt do my homework for this question let me come up with something quick" answer from an analyst.

Thing is, 75% of the posters here on ES could supply more useful insights and info about the Skins than Terry or Howie or just about any other national broadcaster, simply because we follow our team intimately, and they just follow league-wide trends, major stories, etc. Sure, they prep for their Sunday show on Fox, but the idea that they could tell us something insightful about the Skins in the middle of March that we don't already know is very unlikely.

Just because Chris Matthews discusses politics for a living on TV, doesn't mean he knows more about the political climate in Thailand than a regular Thai person who lives in Bangkok.

And this is not to say that we have a bunch of geniuses running around here on ES-- it's just that we follow the Skins 1,000 times more closely than Terry or Howie do.

Of course he mentioned Campbell - he is the biggest factor in whether or not we are successful this upcoming season. Yes, there is much to be said of our o-line as well, but ultimately it comes down to his play this year. It's a contract year, his second year in this offense, his third year as a full-time starter...if he can't get it done this year, he's gone. I'm concerned too. I hope he does well and am still on the fence. I think he's a good QB, he just seems (so far) unable to reach his potential.

Thing is, 75% of the posters here on ES could supply more useful insights and info about the Skins than Terry or Howie or just about any other national broadcaster, simply because we follow our team intimately, and they just follow league-wide trends, major stories, etc. Sure, they prep for their Sunday show on Fox, but the idea that they could tell us something insightful about the Skins in the middle of March that we don't already know is very unlikely.

Just because Chris Matthews discusses politics for a living on TV, doesn't mean he knows more about the political climate in Thailand than a regular Thai person who lives in Bangkok.

And this is not to say that we have a bunch of geniuses running around here on ES-- it's just that we follow the Skins 1,000 times more closely than Terry or Howie do.

Ding ding ding.

As amazing as those two were as players, they're still just talking heads at this point. I'm not saying that they don't know a thing or two about football, but they have 32 teams to cover, and we only have one.

I think that Zorn sees JC as filler for 2 years while Zorn teaches Colt how to run the offense and uses JC as an example of how not to do it.

Perhaps the single most rediculous and most absurd thing ever posted on this board.

Here is somebody saying and believing that an NFL coach is starting a QB for TWO years just to show people how NOT to play! Unbelievable.

Shouldn't there be some sort of intelligence test or IQ test before allowing someone to posting?

I am still unclear why Colt Brennan has been chosen as the answer to all things QB to some people...

But, but... he was a late-round pick, just like Tom Brady.

...and he eats his eggs the same way Peyton Manning does...

...and he has even heard of Joe Montana...

blah blah blah

Wait until he fights his way into the starting lineup (or even to the backup spot) before you bring him his crown and throw rose pedals in front of him when he walks around. (Not that I think JC is much better to this point)

I could be wrong, but I'll wait until it happens to fully admit it...

Kind of hard to win a fight that you are kept from being in, isn't it?

Kind of hard to win a fight that you are kept from being in, isn't it?

Huh? He's not kept from being in the fight until he's cut.

I don't think that you guys understand that coaches want to win as badly as, if not more than, we do. If Colt's the better player, then he'll be in.

-If Zorn didnt think JC could get it done next year, he would say that Colt was the starter and get colt ready now in this offseason. But the fact is Zorn thinks JC will be the QB to lead this team into the post season next year, and that is why he is the starter.

Zorn also thinks that Randle El is a good punt returner

I guess I'm just trying to understand how this is all JC's fualt?He was having a very good year till the O and D line went south on him,lets not forget that hurt the running game but noone here is screaming for Portis's head.I like Colt but I don't see that he will be an answer or any QB till we get an O line that can keep him standing up and make holes for the run game.:logo:

A non-answer. What does "concerned" mean? Does Terry see something in his mechanics? Something in his demeanor? Is he learning too slow?

'splain, Lootzie.

Pretty obvious. However, Portis' habit of wearing down at the end of a season is troubling.

I don't know,, sounds like Terry reeled off some comments that didn't really give any further insight, or shine any light on where we are.

I don't mean to rain on the parade, and I'm sure it was a really cool thing to attend, so i hope my comments aren't construed as just being nitpicky.

I'd be surprised if Vick is reinstated, and I'd be further surprised if that many teams felt the risk was worth the chance. He's been out of football for 3 years,, no trainers, no practice, nothing. He had a lot of talent, but I don't know that anyone can drop it and pick it back up like that.

~Bang

Proof again your radio hour is more informative than most "talking head" segments on TV.

And with even Jerry Jones getting tired of circuses in Dallass, who would take Vick anytime soon? Is there a team that needs that kind of buzz, like the Bills taking TO only even worse?

the state of the Skins. Here are the cliff notes...

Said he is concerned about the team's starting quarterback, though he really liked the kid coming out of Auburn.

Said the team is set at the RB position.

Said that the team needs some help on the OL. Howie chimed in with the fact that he thinks Skins had the oldest starting OL last season.

I found Bradshaw's comments about JC concerning partly because it was the 1st thing he mentioned about the Skins. Bradshaw acts like a clown on TV but he is a 4 time Super Bowl winner and 2 time Super Bowl MVP and is a good judge of the QB position. Thoughts from folks?

I agree with Terry. I'm most worried about JC and if he takes a HUGE step and becomes a more consistent.Being able to read the defense faster and STOP!!!!!!!!!!! locking onto his primary receiver # 89?

I hope that I'm wrong about JC but something tells me that what we've seen so far with him, is all that there is to see.

Bradshaw is just another person with an opinion. Super Bowl wins, MVPs, etc mean nothing in the realm of scouting a player or team.

True, his opinions are his opinions, but an observation from an expert is regarded with greater consideration than a person that stayed at the local Residence Inn.

It don't matter what JC do are Colt does you fair weather fans will only support anybody for a short time. This is the city that hates QB. JC has played 4 years in 4 different offenses with a not so good line but all you blame is the qb. Some of you are real haters.

It don't matter what JC do are Colt does you fair weather fans will only support anybody for a short time. This is the city that hates QB. JC has played 4 years in 4 different offenses with a not so good line but all you blame is the qb. Some of you are real haters.

-Sorry I don't blame Santana Moss... what was it we traded for him again? ohh ya Lav Coles

-Sorry I don't blame Portis a top 10 rb since he's been in the league

-Sorry I don't blame Cooley what was he a 3rd rounder?

-Sorry I don't blame the rookies, it doesn't seem fair they get hate after 1 season but Campbell gets 4 and his poor play is still excused.

-The line is the line but its not like we gave up alot to get anyone on the line, and they receive too much blame in my opinion..

-Fact of the matter is JC cost us A LOT and we haven't gotten A LOT from him at all, so yes there is going to be disappointment.

-And I think you will be hard pressed to find a skins fan who doesn't support Campbell, they don't have faith in Campbell very big difference, and at least there opinion is based on history (fact) not the future(your own opinion).

Not that he can't have an opinion but Bradshaw IMO was one the most over rated QB's of all time. Talent wise he was average. His TD to INT ratios was paltry to me. In 2 of the Steelers early Superbowls his play and the QB play was average to below average at best, yet they still won Superbowls because of the strong defenses they had. Just like this years Steelers team. The QB play in the regular season wasn't strong at all but the defense was strong statistically, strong at getting pressure, producing sacks and turning the ball over. People mention the Skins defense this year was good. They were stat wise but they didn't pressure the QB or get TO's. Anyway the Steelers in 1974 season as a team had like 12 td's and 21 int's but won the Superbowl. He(Bradshaw) had 2 great WR's and a great running game along with a great defense. He was't that accurate. He turned the ball over a lot but they still won. People sometimes confuse a person's ability with the team's success. Sometimes people confuse a person's ability on the lack of success a team has too. In team Sports its the reason I hate when people are quick to yell well how many Championships does that person have. I've like so what? Its a team sport. Thats a crazy criteria when talking about an individual.

Archived