Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terry Bradshaw's comments on the Skins and JC

morpheusmeyers

I just got back from the Richmond Forum at the Landmark Theatre in Richmond, VA. Tonight's speakers were Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long.

There was a Q&A session near the end of the program. An audience member asked Bradshaw what it will take to get the Redskins back to the Super Bowl. While Bradshaw didn't answer the question directly he did provide a few comments about the state of the Skins. Here are the cliff notes...

Said he is concerned about the team's starting quarterback, though he really liked the kid coming out of Auburn.

Said the team is set at the RB position.

Said that the team needs some help on the OL. Howie chimed in with the fact that he thinks Skins had the oldest starting OL last season.

Said last year's team started strong at 6-2 and fizzled down the stretch, and that's not a sign of a good team.

I found Bradshaw's comments about JC concerning partly because it was the 1st thing he mentioned about the Skins. Bradshaw acts like a clown on TV but he is a 4 time Super Bowl winner and 2 time Super Bowl MVP and is a good judge of the QB position. Thoughts from folks?

Other interesting comments from the Q&A session...

When asked if Bill Cowher will return to coaching, both Bradshaw and Long said definitely. Bradshaw said he is surprised Cowher hasn't returned already.

When asked about a Michael Vick return to football, both Bradshaw and Long said they think he will definitely be reinstated. Long said he thinks 12-14 teams will be interested in Vick, though they don't want to leak that publicly because Vick is still a major hot topic.

-If Zorn didnt think JC could get it done next year, he would say that Colt was the starter and get colt ready now in this offseason. But the fact is Zorn thinks JC will be the QB to lead this team into the post season next year, and that is why he is the starter.

-The comment that was made about us starting 6-2 and then falling off, is directly related to the comment that we have the oldest O-Line in the league. After the half way point of the season they were tierd and beat up. That is when the team started to play horrible, there was no protection, which means fewer completions. There were also absolutly no holes for portis to run threw, he still was able to put up # because that is what portis does, the # just werent as good as the fisrt part of the season, when the line was fresh and healthy and could make some holes.

-If Zorn didnt think JC could get it done next year, he would say that Colt was the starter and get colt ready now in this offseason. But the fact is Zorn thinks JC will be the QB to lead this team into the post season next year, and that is why he is the starter.

-The comment that was made about us starting 6-2 and then falling off, is directly related to the comment that we have the oldest O-Line in the league. After the half way point of the season they were tierd and beat up. That is when the team started to play horrible, there was no protection, which means fewer completions. There were also absolutly no holes for portis to run threw, he still was able to put up # because that is what portis does, the # just werent as good as the fisrt part of the season, when the line was fresh and healthy and could make some holes.

I think that Zorn sees JC as filler for 2 years while Zorn teaches Colt how to run the offense and uses JC as an example of how not to do it. It may backfire and JC could cement himself as starter but I doubt it.

I think that Zorn sees JC as filler for 2 years while Zorn teaches Colt how to run the offense and uses JC as an example of how not to do it. It may backfire and JC could cement himself as starter but I doubt it.

Why do say say that?? It dosent make any since to me, if he wanted colt to be the starter for the skins some day, practice and experience are the best way to learn. It would be better to make chemistry with the 1st string team as soon as possible. But the fact is he is the 3rd string QB, he dosent even get many reps with the 2nd stringers.

All I know is Zorn is the coach, I for one like Zorn and if he picks JC to start over Colt then I agree with him, that is what he gets paid to do. I do think JC could have done better last year, but the O-Line and another new Offence were also a part of it. He should NOT get all of the blame. JC will get another shot at it this year, im sorry Colt fans, but he isnt going to start in any games this year unless there are injuries. If JC fails this year then maybee its time to look eles were but its too soon.

-The comment that was made about us starting 6-2 and then falling off, is directly related to the comment that we have the oldest O-Line in the league. After the half way point of the season they were tired and beat up. That is when the team started to play horrible, there was no protection, which means fewer completions. There were also absolutly no holes for portis to run threw, he still was able to put up # because that is what portis does, the # just werent as good as the fisrt part of the season, when the line was fresh and healthy and could make some holes.

If JC was that good why not open up the competition to squash any controversy? That would take a lot of heat off of not only JC but Zorn as well if JC gets off to a rocky start this season.

lets face reality, there is only one reason that I can see why you wouldn't even think about opening the competition up with a QB of JC's caliber, and that is Danny boy is going to the mats with JC and this is the final season. Why would any one be worried about a 6th rd pick out playing JC? What harm could possibly be done? Well most of us who have watched JC play know what will in all liklyhood happen if JC has to compete for the starting job.

I am still unclear why Colt Brennan has been chosen as the answer to all things QB to some people...

But, but... he was a late-round pick, just like Tom Brady.

...and he eats his eggs the same way Peyton Manning does...

...and he has even heard of Joe Montana...

blah blah blah

Wait until he fights his way into the starting lineup (or even to the backup spot) before you bring him his crown and throw rose pedals in front of him when he walks around. (Not that I think JC is much better to this point)

I could be wrong, but I'll wait until it happens to fully admit it...

ISaid that the team needs some help on the OL. .

I found Bradshaw's comments about JC concerning partly because it was the 1st thing he mentioned about the Skins. Bradshaw acts like a clown on TV but he is a 4 time Super Bowl winner and 2 time Super Bowl MVP and is a good judge of the QB position. Thoughts from folks?

it was on their show...after the Cardinals were trounced by the Pats in the snow...that your "good judge" called the Cards an "embarrassment to the league"...that inspired them to move through the playoffs and do so well

those two are a sideshow..Howie blames us Skins fans for Ford Motor dumping his "Tough Guy" promo with F-150..after he refused to name Pat Ramsey who was the top vote getter..and the complaints that followed got him axed

and Terry...he has never liked the Skins...period

If JC was that good why not open up the competition to squash any controversy? That would take a lot of heat off of not only JC but Zorn as well if JC gets off to a rocky start this season.

This is not HS football. A pro team does have competition, but to undermine your starter by stating he is at risk at the QB spot is not productive at all. If you or I knew what was said behind closed doors in relation to the QB spot then we might actually be able to comment on how cemented JC is as the starter. I am sure JC knows what he must do to keep his job. Meanwhile Colt can learn and prepare as if he is going to play at any giving time, like any back-up should do. Todd Collins, well I think the clipboard is going to Colt.

So does S. Juergensen and J.Madden

I like Colt too...but if I recall correctly, Sonny was in love with the idea of acquiring Jeff George (and even recommended it) back in 2000. I love Sonny to death, but there's a reason he's not a GM. :D

In all seriousness though, I really do hope Colt gets a true chance to show what he can do before his time in DC is done.

Why, I mean everyone loves the back up but why do they like him so much?College was college....he has no pro games to base that on.

Let's see...

The purer passer sits on the bench while the game manager plays in front of him.

Yeah, Sonny would know nothing about that. :rolleyes:

I don't think that's possible. I don't think that Zorn thinks that Zorn has that long a leash. Basically, for your scenario to play out the coach would have to have three unsuccessful years and remain coach while grooming the kid. Zorn doesn't have the pedigree or the contract or a blown up team growing up together. This team is designed for now. Zorn wins or he's out of here. At least that's the mentality I think he should be in.

Archived