Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DCEx: Cutler trade winds could strengthen by Monday

JimmiJo

Why? If the redskins do trade for cutler, he will still have to learn Playbook and still have O line problems. In order to get Cutley Denver will want 1st and maybe 4 or 5 round pick. Redskins will still have a need for RT, DE and SOLB. No ways the redskins will give up that much for Cutler

Jay Cutler learning the playbook is better than jason Campbell who knows the playbook, ill tell you that much.

Make it stop. At least we don't really have anything to offer.

Actually, we do. But I'm about 90% certain we just don't have enough to offer.

People keep saying that we are not involved and to stop talking about it but yet articles keep popping up about us still being highly interested. Even if Vinny says no that doesnt mean anything. I believe we are interested and I hope we make it happen. I just dont want to give up Cooley though.

Cooley is untradeable due to his dead money cap hit that would hit this year with no CBA for nect year. This has been said countless times here for the last few days. Do try to keep up. :) Thanks.

i wouldn't mind trading campbell, but I don't want to trade the 13th pick unless we get good compensation back, (like a 2nd and third). I'd be fine trading next year's 1st rounder, but not this years.

if we don't get offensive line help, it doesn't really matter if it's cutler or campbell. they'll both be pressured far too much to be consistently effective.

You're not going to trade Campell for Cutler straight up. It's going to take at least one of our QBs, #13, & a bit more. And Denver ain't interested in Campell.

It would be awful to get a young Pro Bowl QB.

I know right.:)

According to every sports media outlet' date=' the Skins are involved in every free agent signing and/or trade. Until I see press conference with somebody holding a Skins jersey up, I see it as media BS.[/quote']

Feel free to keep the blinders on.:)

I'd LOVE for us to get cutler but we have too little ammo and JC's in the last year of his contract, he'd have to be willing to negotiate a sensible contract with denver (or another team involved in the trade) for it to even be considered... why would denver trade cutler who has 3 years left for a questionable QB who is also an FA next year?

This is getting out of control I d rather have Jason Have this season and not throw the INTs that Cutler will and how does this get Colt Fans a chance if you bring Jay in stop it already Jason will be fine Besides hes now playing for a contract he s gonna play his ass off Joe gibss went 8-8 firtst season then what happen next SB bound so with JZ having 1 season under belt JC playing for contract and Defense improved this could be our Year Eagles did nothing and Cowgirls arent any better so really this year should be a race between us and giANTs:saber:

Cooley is untradeable due to his dead money cap hit that would hit this year with no CBA for nect year. This has been said countless times here for the last few days. Do try to keep up. :) Thanks.

I have read plenty of times about people saying he untradeable but his name has been thrown around as one of the key factors in making the deal happen. We probably have one of the best cap guys in the league and he makes freaking wine out of water every year. If anyone could make it happen he seems like he would. But if you say he is untradeable then I will take your word for it and you wont here me mention Cooley anymore. Thanks

I have read plenty of times about people saying he untradeable but his name has been thrown around as one of the key factors in making the deal happen.

and when has things being posted on here, ever needed to be accurate for people to believe it to be true.

I can't understand why some people would want Campbell over Cutler. Cutler has way more upside then Campbell and he's three years younger (I think) then Campbell.

If we were to get Cutler I would be jacked up and excited for the upcoming season because right now my excitement is at a "medium" with Campbell at the helm.

and when has things being posted on here, every needed to be accurate for people to believe it to be true.
I was just saying in my personal opinion I hope it is not true. Now I have been told by reliable sources on the board that trading Cooley is not possible. That makes me happy. The only other thing that would make me happy is getting Cutler, I dont think its going to happen but until he is traded or agrees to stay with the Broncos I belive its possible. Despite people believing what Vinny has stated about the trade.

and when has things being posted on here, ever needed to be accurate for people to believe it to be true.

Yeah, but it's fun to talk about. We know you love Campbell. He's still here, so take a deep breath and relax.

BTW Bubba. If these articles of "rumors" bother you so much, maybe you shouldn't post those articles?

I mean, being Redskin fans there's nothing we can do to make or not make these moves happen. Unless we riot or something (Not happening, I need my Mondays) but.. if this is going to happen let's hope it's not that rumored bull**** of LaRon going. Why the hell is he even thrown in there? Just because DC is a heavy splash team and the Broncos are involved and we once did a 3 way trade people assume it's going to be that again.

If there's going to be a trade, not Cooley either. Jason Campbell plus draft picks. If the team decides he's not the man, OK. They obviously have lost faith in the man, although I really doubt it.

Here's what I don't get.

Why on earth would Tennessee be interested in this? They just extended Kerry Collins. They still have Vince Young, and I don't think Vince Young is better than Jason Campbell. I'm not buying this rumor from this paper.

translation: Just covering my ass, if nothing sticks to the wall,... after I threw **** on it

Damnit Bubba, you keep shootin' the messengers...

Fact is, this may or may not become reality, we don't know, but the reason this is being written is because sources are asserting it to be the case.

I recall last year on the first day of training camp when we were told repeatedly that no conversations between Washington and Miami had taken place only to have the trade for Taylor announced an hour later. The initial denials were later recanted and it was admitted by the team that talks had gone on throughout the day.

Am I mad about that? No. Do I think the team has to tell the world everything? No.

But at the same time I am not mad at reporters for doing their job. In this case I know the guy and can tell you that if he wrote it, it is a legitimate story with credible sources.

I recall last year on the first day of training camp when we were told repeatedly that no conversations between Washington and Miami had taken place only to have the trade for Taylor announced an hour later. The initial denials were later recanted and it was admitted by the team that talks had gone on throughout the day.

This is why I dont believe what Vinny has said about the trade. JLC was also throwing a hissy fit about how Vinny lied to there faces about the trade happening. Like you said the skins have no obligation to tell the media what there intentions are. The media also has the ability to take an ounce of information and run for it as long as they can, and they also have every right to do so.

if i could start threads, id love to see a predictions for campbell this season thread. somebody get it started, id love to see the campbell apologists predictions for campbell.

15 TDs maybe?

Well being the lines more or less the same, and the receivng core is no different to date, it would be more of the same tired and failed excuses.

As it will be this time next pre-season if this trade doesn't go through.

And when Zorn pays the ultimate price, they'll be trotting out the "another new system to learn" b/s and calling for him to get yet more time. :doh:

Hail.

Archived