Ok I will be fine with this if it goes down somthing like this

Browns get:

Jason Campbell

and redskins 3rd

Broncos get:

Brady Quinn

13 overall pick

next years redskins 2nd round pick

Ladell Betts (similar to portis and portis excelled in that system).

Redskins get:

Jay Cutler

Broncos 2nd round pick.

With the Broncos 2nd the Redskins select: Clint Sintim or Michael Johnson or

Larry English or Aaron Maybin. Which ever ones is avaliable they will play SAM LB on 1st and 2nd down then move to DE on passing downs.

Here's what I don't get.

Why on earth would Tennessee be interested in this? They just extended Kerry Collins. They still have Vince Young, and I don't think Vince Young is better than Jason Campbell. I'm not buying this rumor from this paper.

You honestly don't understand why the Titans aren't satisfied going forward with Kerry Collins and Vince Young as their future?

In my opinion, Jay Cutler is the most valuable player in the NFL. I don't like his prima donna mouth, but Denver has given Jay and his agent an excuse to force a trade at a reasonable price.

Count former Jets quarterback and CBS Sports analyst Boomer Esiason among those who believe a Cutler trade is inevitable. Esiason told the New York Post that the Jets should do everything possible to acquire Cutler:

ā€œIā€™m telling you, if I could get this kid, I would go guns a-blazing and try to get him,ā€ Esiason said.

Damnit Bubba, you keep shootin' the messengers...

not aiming at you amigo

I recall last year on the first day of training camp when we were told repeatedly that no conversations between Washington and Miami had taken place only to have the trade for Taylor announced an hour later. The initial denials were later recanted and it was admitted by the team that talks had gone on throughout the day.

there is a huge difference between saying we're not talking with Miami.... then announcing an hour later they were

and saying to players, agents, and being definite saying we aren't interested in Cutler, and Campbell's our guy

When else has the Skins FO went out to deny a tumor, and get called out for lying?

Jim Fassel ring a Bell? :)

We said we weren't interested in TO, despite league sources saying we were.... and where did TO go?

Actually the TO rumors happen twice

But at the same time I am not mad at reporters for doing their job. In this case I know the guy and can tell you that if he wrote it, it is a legitimate story with credible sources.

Sorry but I see this same stuff all the time... see rumor, report rumor as fact, then start hedging their bet when the rumors aren't true.

He maybe a great guy, but I don't know him from Adam.... I just call them as I see them :cool2:

I really believe any trade involving cutler is going to involve cassel going to denver... that's what started this whole mess... what's crazy is cassel is still on his franchise tag!! he owes the cheifs one year unless they sign him otherwise... so if you are cassel, you are getting like 14M this year and virtually guaranteed the starting position to prove yourself for a ridiculous contract next year.... so any trade should be what we'd give the chiefs...

You honestly don't understand why the Titans aren't satisfied going forward with Kerry Collins and Vince Young as their future?

In my opinion, Jay Cutler is the most valuable player in the NFL. I don't like his prima donna mouth, but Denver has given Jay and his agent an excuse to force a trade at a reasonable price.

First off I understand why they might not feel comfortable with Collins who just turned 36. Problem is we know Denver wants a player. They do not Want Collins, not at that age. As for Vince Young, he's been in the league 3 years? He's not a particularly accurate QB (Even less accurate than JC), And he throws for fewer yards. I also don't think he fits the mold for the style of QB that McDaniels would want. He also doesn't throw many touchdowns (10 to campbells 35 on his career). He also didn't have his head in the game and got pulled from Starting last year.

Cutler is NOT the most valuable player in the league, not by far. I'd put Peyton, Tom Brady, and at least 3 or 4 other players above him.

Now I can understand why Tennessee might be interested, but I don't see what ammo they have to get him. It also isn't like Tennessee to trade for players like that.

I've heard in the past 48 hours or so - on the radio - that Cutler was already running the WCO in Denver with Shanahan. Is that correct?

Because if so, what's the worry about Cutler learning Zorn's offense?

It shouldn't be too hard, provided that the syntax of the terminology remains the same or is very similar and the names of the play 'link' to the same play in both playbooks more often than not. However, since Holmgren and Shanahan are separate from each other, there will probably more variation between the playbooks despite them using Walsh's plays as the foundation. Plus, Shanahan used a lot of shotgun for Jay to cater to his strengths, something I doubt Zorn will ever do...for a while, at least

I've heard in the past 48 hours or so - on the radio - that Cutler was already running the WCO in Denver with Shanahan. Is that correct?

Because if so, what's the worry about Cutler learning Zorn's offense?

Yes, Cutler ran Shanahan's flavor of the WCO. Learning a new system would be a minor issue. I think the bigger factor is that Zorn would have to adapt his game to Cutler's talent. He has much more creative ability than Campbell. He's not your basic "game manager" type.

Cutler is NOT the most valuable player in the league, not by far. I'd put Peyton, Tom Brady, and at least 3 or 4 other players above him.

We disagree. I'd trade Brady or Peyton for 25 year-old Jay Cutler in a heartbeat. He needs less support to win.

Why? If the redskins do trade for cutler, he will still have to learn Playbook and still have O line problems. In order to get Cutley Denver will want 1st and maybe 4 or 5 round pick. Redskins will still have a need for RT, DE and SOLB. No ways the redskins will give up that much for Cutler

You believe its a bad trade for us. We're known for doing bad trades in the past. So if its really a bad trade, it will happen for sure.

I believe its a good trade. As we havent done any good trades in the past, we would have to expect that we will fail striking a deal here.

Who you support now, my opinion or yours?

Where's Zorn in all of this?

If Jason IS his man, as he's claimed all along, why has he not been out giving him his full support and putting these rumours to bed?

Just saying.

Hail.

I think Zorn has been told to not say a word. Snyder and Vinny have scripted with him what to say and what not to say.:)

In my opinion, Jay Cutler is the most valuable player in the NFL.

Let's not get crazy here. He's 17-20, doesn't show up in the fourth quarter, and reportedly is not a locker room favorite nor a fan of watching film.

Sick talent, but come on.

He needs less support to win? He's had a pro bowl wide receiver and hasn't won anything.

Exactly. In fact, he actually lost a couple games in the fourth last year with his horrendous decision making.

I'm not a big JC fan, but Cutler as MVP is laughable. I mean, Jeff George had great stats too.

Personally, I don't care whether or not the current back-and-forth is total fact or fact based rumor. I just hope it happens. If Vinny says Campbell's our guy, he may be using a preemptive tactic in case talks(if they are, in fact, in talks) break down. That way, it won't mess with Campbell's head as bad. I just want us to have a freaking quarterback we can depend on like it used to be back in the day. Sorry, but Campbell ain't the guy. He's a nice guy and I know he's been through a veritable cornucopia of head coaches and offensive schemes, but sometimes bad things happen to good people. I want a QB who can make things happen, not just "manage" a game. By and large, game "managers" don't inspire fear and trepidation on the part of opponents. Team leaders do. My two cents.

Where's Zorn in all of this?

If Jason IS his man, as he's claimed all along, why has he not been out giving him his full support and putting these rumours to bed?

Just saying.

Hail.

Zorn isn't going to risk his job by standing by Campbell.

Last year, he had to start him -- that much was clear from the time they hired him.

But not anymore.

Archived