Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Alternate Lions Trade

method man

Considering how they are in need of impact players, maybe they are willing to trade their 2nd and both of their 3rds for #13. That way, we can rack up 4 day 1 picks. This might be the most prudent course of action considering the number of holes we have. There is a lot of decent 2nd/3rd round talent in this draft with guys like Jarron Gilbert, Connor Barwin, Marcus Freeman, and Jamon Meredith, guys we can really use.

Picking at 13, it's very possible that Mark Sanchez will be available. With the Jets (17), Bears (18), and Bucs (19) all in desperate need of a QB and picking soon after us, we might be able to finagle a trade with the Lions (20) or possibly, the Vikings (22). This would allow the Lions to draft their starting tackle/linebacker at 1 and still get their franchise quarterback, who surely wouldn't be there at 20. We would be able to trade down just 7 spots, pick up a 3rd rounder in the process, and be able to pick up a Michael Oher, Eben Britton, Tyson Jackson, etc.

I want to trade down, but that seems like a steep drop. Got the draft pick value chart numbers for comparison? BTW, technically only 1st and 2nd rounds are Day 1 picks now, but I get your point.

Also, even with the good talent that should be there in the 2nd round, I don't know if I trust our front office to hit on those later picks.

I think it's more likely we trade down about 10 spots to around 20-25 range. Then, we'll still have a good shot at getting one of the 2nd-tier tackle prospects like Britton.

I want to trade down, but that seems like a steep drop. Got the draft pick value chart numbers for comparison? BTW, technically only 1st and 2nd rounds are Day 1 picks now, but I get your point.

Also, even with the good talent that should be there in the 2nd round, I don't know if I trust our front office to hit on those later picks.

I think it's more likely we trade down about 10 spots to around 20-25 range. Then, we'll still have a good shot at getting one of the 2nd-tier tackle prospects like Britton.

Skins #13 = 1150

Detroits #33 = 580 / #65 = 265 / #82 = 180 -- Total 1025

Therefore not exactly a "deal" for the skins. Also your fear about Vinny missing on the 3rd rounders is very valid.

I would also prefer a later #1 and a 2nd as a trade.

:helmet:

Considering how they are in need of impact players, maybe they are willing to trade their 2nd and both of their 3rds for #13. That way, we can rack up 4 day 1 picks. This might be the most prudent course of action considering the number of holes we have. There is a lot of decent 2nd/3rd round talent in this draft with guys like Jarron Gilbert, Connor Barwin, Marcus Freeman, and Jamon Meredith, guys we can really use.

Okay can someone correct this for me? I thought the first round of the draft was only going to be round 1 and 2 this year? Or have they changed when they do these again?

Picking at 13, it's very possible that Mark Sanchez will be available. With the Jets (17), Bears (18), and Bucs (19) all in desperate need of a QB and picking soon after us, we might be able to finagle a trade with the Lions (20) or possibly, the Vikings (22). This would allow the Lions to draft their starting tackle/linebacker at 1 and still get their franchise quarterback, who surely wouldn't be there at 20. We would be able to trade down just 7 spots, pick up a 3rd rounder in the process, and be able to pick up a Michael Oher, Eben Britton, Tyson Jackson, etc.

Exactly, Thats the way I see it too, a couple teams 4 to 6 picks above us looking for a QB and maybe willing to trade to jump ahead of let's say the Jets. Who knows that Tackle from Alabama could be sitting there at 13 and we take him

Okay can someone correct this for me? I thought the first round of the draft was only going to be round 1 and 2 this year? Or have they changed when they do these again?

Yes you are correct. The first day of the draft used to be rounds 1-3. As we all know. Last year they switched it so the first day was just rounds 1 and 2. It will be the same this year.

I see the Lions keeping ALL of their picks if not trading for MORE. They have far more holes then we do and I doubt they're looking for that "special pick" at #13.

0-16 doesnt just mean holes. COACHING has alot to do w/ that and Marinelli just SUCKED. 1 years draft aint gonna turn it around. They may like that senario excluding #20 in a trade. Whats wrong with #1, #13, #20 then getting some projests in day 2. INTERESTING. Im cool with that.

Skins #13 = 1150

Detroits #33 = 580 / #65 = 265 / #82 = 180 -- Total 1025

Therefore not exactly a "deal" for the skins. Also your fear about Vinny missing on the 3rd rounders is very valid.

I would also prefer a later #1 and a 2nd as a trade.

:helmet:

I personally feel draft charts are antiquated and you have to consider each year's class. I personally feel that this is one of the deepest classes we have ever seen and there are first round quality players who will be found later in the draft.

If anything, I guess we could ask Detroit for a 3rd next year too.

I mean would you guys rather have Michael Oher or Jarron Gilbert (who would be our LDE of the future), Marcus Freeman (who would be our SLB of the future), and Jonathan Luigs (who would be our center of the future)? Furthermore, I think all three of these guys combined would be cheaper than a first round pick.

All these scenarios come down to who is there when we pick and I think most mocks I've seen are definitel about 60% wrong or higher (just my opinion), so these scenarios are fun but not very meaningful.

I personally wouldn't mind trading some of this years picks for picks in 2010 to help prepare in case we have an uncapped year.

I see the Lions keeping ALL of their picks if not trading for MORE. They have far more holes then we do and I doubt they're looking for that "special pick" at #13.

Yep. With Millen gone and Orlovsky resigned (is culpepper still on the roster too?), I don't see them selling out for a qb.

I think it'd be easier to swap 13 and 20, and pick up their 1st pick in the 3rd and 6th rounds. The points match up better that way. Even if the Lions draft QB #1 overall, whose to say they don't trade w/ us to get 1 of the big 4 OTs? Atlanta did a similar move last year when they traded with us.

Stafford may drop to 13

Archived