Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pft: Titans to pursue tampering charges against redskins? (merged)

benskins26

If you listen to the interview with Haynesworth on Michael Irvin's radio show and read peter King's story about Chris Canty's signing, I think you come to the conclusion that this is totally bogus.

First, the Titans never even made Haynesworth a formal offer, so how can they say they really intended to keep him?

Second, while King acknowledges that many teams talked in vague terms to agents about Free agents at the combine, the story he tells clearly shows that the Redskins weren't close to having any kind of deal in place before free agency started. In fact, at one point in the night Vinny declared AH too expensive, and said they were out of it.

I really think the office of Roger Goodell would laugh at such charges, and ask the Titans why they didn't sign him themselves.....after all, they had WEEKS and WEEKS (actually MONTHS) to put a deal together that the player could have accepted, etc.

that question was brought on by the media I feel like the Titans pretty much brushed it off.

Muchtoodoaboutnothing. Mr.Haynesworth was not going to be in the Titans plans this year. Did you read their offer to him last year? Five options to void the franchise tag, and all were considered likely to be achieved. Titans have a history of letting defensive lineman leave a year too early, rather then a year too late.

See Javon Kearse, Randy Starkes, Travis LaBoy, etc.:nono::excited:

Muchtoodoaboutnothing. Mr.Haynesworth was not going to be in the Titans plans this year. Did you read their offer to him last year? Five options to void the franchise tag, and all were considered likely to be achieved. Titans have a history of letting defensive lineman leave a year too early, rather then a year too late.

See Javon Kearse, Randy Starkes, Travis LaBoy, etc.:nono::excited:

Apparently they let Kearse go 1 year early then decided to bring him back about 5 years too late:D

I will say though, I don't see where they're going to get the evidence. It's not like we agreed to Haynesworth's deal at 12:01. It was almost 5:30 am. There were multiple teams offering him something. If we had wrapped up Haynesworth's deal before FA opened, then we wouldn't have even bothered to schedule an appointment for Canty to come in.

Everyone involved has enough excuses and alibis that this shouldn't result in league disciplinary action.

I dont see them doing anything... first off, how would they get proof? Check cell phone records? Then you're getting nitpicky because these guys who play NFL ball are all friends... I'm not too worried.

agreed.

its just their way of trying to take a shot at the Skins because they lost.

Archived