Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pft: Titans to pursue tampering charges against redskins? (merged)

benskins26

In the press conference introducing newly-signed receiver Nate Washington and defensive tackle Jovan Hayemag-glass_10x10.gif, Titans G.M. Mike Reindfeldt fielded a question as to whether the Titans might pursue tampering allegations against the Redskins regarding the signing of defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth.

“Yeah, I mean that’s something at some point that’s kind of . . . . We were interested in signing Albert,” Reinfeldt said. “We tried to sign him and unfortunately it didn’t work out. It’s always something we can address with the league, but at this point in time we’re more focused on the two gentlemen here today, quite honestly.”

Hmmm.

It’s an open secret that NFL teams talk with the agents of players who are not yet free agents. Few teams ever complain because most teams are guilty of it.

In this case, the Titans might do it. Stay tuned.

I don't believe they'll do it, or be able to prove it. But still, ****! Imagine if we do lose our 1st. No first or 2nd? A tampering charge could singlehandidly set this team back another year.

In the press conference introducing newly-signed receiver Nate Washington and defensive tackle Jovan Hayemag-glass_10x10.gif, Titans G.M. Mike Reindfeldt fielded a question as to whether the Titans might pursue tampering allegations against the Redskins regarding the signing of defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth.

“Yeah, I mean that’s something at some point that’s kind of . . . . We were interested in signing Albert,” Reinfeldt said. “We tried to sign him and unfortunately it didn’t work out. It’s always something we can address with the league, but at this point in time we’re more focused on the two gentlemen here today, quite honestly.”

Hmmm.

It’s an open secret that NFL teams talk with the agents of players who are not yet free agents. Few teams ever complain because most teams are guilty of it.

In this case, the Titans might do it. Stay tuned.

I don't believe they'll do it, or be able to prove it. But still, ****! Imagine if we do lose our 1st. No first or 2nd? A tampering charge could singlehandidly set this team back another year.

We wouldn't lose a first.

right... The reputation of Snyder/Vinny means they don't have to tamper. No agent worth his salt is gonna sign with any team without waiting for Vinny's ridiculous contract offer and deciding whether they want to get paid or win.

Impossible to prove. We have nothing to worry about.

There offer and our offer were miles apart, which makes this even more stupid.

yeah, definitely agree. they act like they were close to the offer we made. Sure, they wanted to resign him, but like the old adage says, "you can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first"

that question was brought on by the media I feel like the Titans pretty much brushed it off.

yeah it sounded like that to me as well... Titans and everyone else in the league know it goes on to certain degree... i think its PFT trying to stir something up out of nothing... Titans just ignored the question basically...

I thought that was the penalty. What is the penalty then?

We won't lose anything. So long as that agent & Danny have common personnel, they could have been talking about anything. That will be the story anyway, and without a recording of the meeting, no one can prove otherwise.

JLC would love this.

I was thinking the same thing. As soon as JLC gets wind of this, look for him to stir up the pot. Meanwhile, the Titans are pretty much brushing this off. that is, until our hometown hero gets on the case, citing a bunch of "sources" that make the Titans re-examine the issue. I can see it now. If this becomes a big deal, it will most likely be perpetrated by JLC.

Archived