Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you trust Barack Obama?

alexey

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm the first vote apparently, and that's a "no." But to be honest, I don't really trust any politician. I think it's healthy to have a natural distrust of politicians until THEY prove otherwise. But I'm a skeptical person in general, so take my answer with a grain of salt, I guess.

I'm the first vote apparently, and that's a "no." But to be honest, I don't really trust any politician. I think it's healthy to have a natural distrust of politicians until THEY prove otherwise. But I'm a skeptical person in general, so take my answer with a grain of salt, I guess.

Pretty much this. In fact I tend to mistrust anyone that tells me they stand behind any politician 100%. You need to earn my trust just like I should have to earn yours.:2cents:

Did anyone happen to catch the daily show segement that just ran? It was the funniest ****ing thing i've ever seen. Rob Riggle interviewed a couple people (ministers) one of which was saying Obama was the anti christ and the other saying that Obama was the next Hitler. The way the played off of this was the funniest thing i've seen in a while.

Hopefully a link will be up soon.

I trust that he has the nation's best overall interests at heart, will weigh his policy decisions from a healthy secular/analytical point of view, and is willing to make difficult decisions that aren't always in his own political best interest.

And I don't think there's much more to it than that, when you're talking about presidents. You trust them to do the right thing with the hand they're dealt. That doesn't mean everything gets wrapped up cleanly like an episode of ALF, although obviously you hope for the best. I love that furry little scamp.

Our greatest presidents (Washington/Lincoln) and our worst presidents (Buchanan/[whistling softly]) have generally held office during trying times. They didn't get to choose that. They only got to choose how to respond. Hard-times presidents who were focused on the most important issues, analytical in their thinking, and flexible with their policy, with solid advisors, have generally achieved great things for the nation and left us stronger than we were before. They've earned their reputation as trustworthy.

Hard-times presidents who haven't, haven't.

And time will tell, but today I see Obama being clearly a better fit for the former bucket than the latter.

I don't think he's given anyone that followed his campaign, casually or otherwise, a reason not to trust him at this point. He's pretty much doing, or trying to do, exactly what he said he was going to. And is looking America right in the face and saying "this **** ain't going to be easy, but we're here for you." I believe him. What else should I believe in, my 401k?

Archived