Extremeskins

Girl arrested for texting in class

MattFancy

you have got to be kidding me......

please tell me that you wanna be Sherlock Holmes' don't seriously think

A. there is not more to the story

and

B. she got arrested simply for texting in class

while it may make for a nice headline, you can't really be that vacant,,,,,can you?

God I despise text messaging. The stories of kids texting thousands of times a month just makes shake me my head. It's like a drug to them and I think it's pathetic.

Outside of places where you are supposed to be paying attention like school, there is nothing wrong with texting. It helps kids stay in touch with their friends and helps them communicate. There is nothing wrong with kids being social and equating it to a drug is just inaccurate. What kind of adverse effects does this have?

Cell Phones shouldn't be used in restaurants, in grocery stores, in cars and a anywhere others are defendant on you paying attention, even walking down a busy sidewalk.

I can see you saying you shouldn't text or talk on the phone while driving, but why not in a restaurant? Or a store? Or walking down a sidewalk? When do you think you should use your cell phone, only when you're in the house?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0217092samsung1.html

That is the police report. Apparently the officer was asking her if she had a phone and she kept denying that she said one. They asked several students if they saw her with one and they said she did have a phone. So they arrested her and searched her and found the phone. But still, this girl is 14 years old, did they really need to arrest her in school for lying about having a cell phone? Just suspend her and giver her detention for a few weeks. No need to arrest her and have her go to court over it.

Outside of places where you are supposed to be paying attention like school, there is nothing wrong with texting. It helps kids stay in touch with their friends and helps them communicate. There is nothing wrong with kids being social and equating it to a drug is just inaccurate. What kind of adverse effects does this have?

Oh spare me. Keep in touch? You mean the constant LOLZ, OMFG, BFF? Pick up the phone and talk and actually "communicate" with someone. They wonder why kids are so ****ing fat these days. Myspace, Facebook, Texting, video games and hours of tv. They don't ****ing move anymore.

Okay, I feel better now.:D

God I despise text messaging. The stories of kids texting thousands of times a month just makes shake me my head. It's like a drug to them and I think it's pathetic.

I agree, the ONLY use I've found for text messaging is when someone is drunk and you get their phone. It's loads of fun to text people in their phonebook crazy stuff. Love doing that. Otherwise texting is useless.

I can see you saying you shouldn't text or talk on the phone while driving, but why not in a restaurant? Or a store? Or walking down a sidewalk? When do you think you should use your cell phone, only when you're in the house?

On a busy sidewalk? Step to the side, get out of peoples way.

At the grocery store? Pay attention to the task you are doing, you are in peoples way, because you are not paying full attention.

In a restaurant? Just rude. Does your server need to ask you something and can't? Are they waiting, making everybody else wait? Are you too loud? Are you ignoring the person you are with?

Use your cell phone, when it will bother nobody else. Be conscience and courteous to others. It makes things move faster and it makes others lives better.

they need to tie this girl up and cane her in front of the rest of the school.

she needs to be made an example of and the only way to do that is to "cleanse" her of these awful deeds she has done!!

WITCH! WITCH!!!

Burn her at the stake, if she escapes, she's a witch. If she dies, she's not a witch.

she probably refused to give the phone up,that's the policy at most schools when you get caught.

so security was called

she refused to give the phone to them

she gets arrested for being a brat.

but really, arresting a 14yr old girl for not telling you she had a cell phone? i still think thats kind of harsh. its not like she was hiding drugs or a gun, it was a cell phone. i just think they went a little overboard on this one...

On a busy sidewalk? Step to the side, get out of peoples way.

At the grocery store? Pay attention to the task you are doing, you are in peoples way, because you are not paying full attention.

In a restaurant? Just rude. Does your server need to ask you something and can't? Are they waiting, making everybody else wait? Are you too loud? Are you ignoring the person you are with?

Use your cell phone, when it will bother nobody else. Be conscience and courteous to others. It makes things move faster and it makes others lives better.

Well im pretty good at texting and looking where im going at the same time, so I dont get in anybodys way.

I can agree with you on the restaurant part if you're with someone it is rude to text while they're talking to you, or if the waiter/waitress is talking to you, but I dont see anything wrong with texting if that doesn't apply.

Another thing, while I'm ranting, every single cell phone has a button on the side, that is the phone rings, the button will silence the ringer.

Nobody cares about your song and it is annoying others.

I always keep my phone on silent or vibrate, so im good on that 1.:)

Oh spare me. Keep in touch? You mean the constant LOLZ, OMFG, BFF? Pick up the phone and talk and actually "communicate" with someone. They wonder why kids are so ****ing fat these days. Myspace, Facebook, Texting, video games and hours of tv. They don't ****ing move anymore.

Okay, I feel better now.:D

I agree with you that kids are fat and lazy but how does talking on the phone versus texting change that? It is up to parents to get their lazy kids outside playing and whether they text or not has no impact on that. Actually it should be easier to get little Johnny to come out to play if you can text him "Hey BFF, OMFG, Im going outside? U coming? LOL"

Talking to someone is so much faster than texting.

I prefer to talk for 1-2 minutes as opposed to texting for 10.

true but it also can help you get straight to your point and you dont have to go thru all the normal formalities that go along with talking.

hi. how are you? whats up?

just "i am going to be here at 5" and thats it. :2cents:

Talking to someone is so much faster than texting.

I prefer to talk for 1-2 minutes as opposed to texting for 10.

Yea but depends where you are. I can do other things at work while texting where if I was on the phone, I would have to stop everything for the conversation. Plus, when I only have one thing to say or a quick question, I hate calling someone because then i feel bad cuz I dont want to keep talking ha.

true but it also can help you get straight to your point and you dont have to go thru all the normal formalities that go along with talking.

hi. how are you? whats up?

just "i am going to be here at 5" and thats it. :2cents:

I can get to the point rather quickly. No need for me to text back and forth for 4-5 times the time. I would rather just talk to you.

For example, you and I could have a 10 minute conversation about the greatest rap groups of all time and debate on the phone in 10 minutes. Texting would take us near an hour.

Yea but depends where you are. I can do other things at work while texting where if I was on the phone, I would have to stop everything for the conversation. Plus, when I only have one thing to say or a quick question, I hate calling someone because then i feel bad cuz I dont want to keep talking ha.

You cant talk and work at the same time ?

So when you have that one quick question..."I gotta go, talk to you later".

Not rude or time consuming.

Archived