Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Girl arrested for texting in class

MattFancy

I feel so bad for teachers these days...they are essentially powerless, and whenever they try to do something, they get called out and ostracized.

My cousin lasted one year as a teacher. Why? "**** you *****." I ain't doing ****." "I'll kick your ass *****." That's why. She told me she would go home crying.

My generation was far from perfect, but at least we respected our elders. Today's generation? Hardly respectful. Not all, but a majority.

but really, arresting a 14yr old girl for not telling you she had a cell phone? i still think thats kind of harsh. its not like she was hiding drugs or a gun, it was a cell phone. i just think they went a little overboard on this one...

it's harsh but what kind example would it set if the school just left her alone?You're not hearing the whole story either.

the cell phone rule is one of the few I actually agreed with in HS,it's annoying to hear or see someone constantly texting. Girls rarely ever got caught because they'd use the purse technique. they keep the phone in the purse while texting and nobody sees anything.

*she got caught

*teacher asked for her to hand the phone over,she says no or she doesnt have one.

*calls security,she continues to resist,they arrest her.

I would have just taken her down to the office,and called her mother saying she was causing a disturbance in the classroom,but who knows how defensive she was getting with security.

you ever try to come between an immature teenage girl and her cell phone?you let one brat get away with it,and they will all try the same BS.

it's harsh but what kind example would it set if the school just left her alone?You're not hearing the whole story either.

the cell phone rule is one of the few I actually agreed with in HS,it's annoying to hear or see someone constantly texting. Girls rarely ever got caught because they'd use the purse technique. they keep the phone in the purse while texting and nobody sees anything.

*she got caught

*teacher asked for her to hand the phone over,she says no or she doesnt have one.

I would have just taken her down to the office,and called her mother saying she was causing a disturbance in the classroom,but who knows how defensive she was getting with security.

you ever try to come between an immature teenage girl and her cell phone?you let one brat get away with it,and they will all try the same BS.

In a perfect world? I would've taken her under the gym bleachers and knocked the **** out of her.

I'm not an apologist for this upcoming Entitled Generation....however, I still don't understand what would cause someone to get arrested for texting. What could she have possibly done that was a crime?

Oh well, if she was being that disruptive, I'm not going to shed any tears for her...I just don't know what law she broke!

*she got caught

i'm not saying that she shouldn't get in any trouble for using her cell phone in class, i'm just saying that i don't think she should have been arrested. it was a 14y/o girl lying to a school security guard about whether or not she had a cell phone. was anyone else in the school in danger? was she harming herself? was it illegal? if she had brought a gun or drugs to school thats a completley different story. but she was lying about not having a cell phone because she got caught texting. i think she should be suspended for a few days and have detention for a few, but arresting her and taking her to court is a little extreme. you can still set an example by suspending the girl. i know my parents would've killed me if i was suspended! i just think that arresting a 14y/o because she lied about having a cell phone in class is just a little too much.

I'm not an apologist for this upcoming Entitled Generation....however, I still don't understand what would cause someone to get arrested for texting. What could she have possibly done that was a crime?

Oh well, if she was being that disruptive, I'm not going to shed any tears for her...I just don't know what law she broke!

According to the article she was arrested for "disorderly conduct," which could mean just about anything.

Shouldn't be allowed to carry a cell phone while in school.

Shouldn't be allowed to have them turned on.

This was the rule we had in high school growing up. They even took you cell phone away and didn't give it back unless your parent picked it up even if it was off. We got by just fine using the school pay phones back then when we needed to call a parent to pick us up after practice.

According to the article she was arrested for "disorderly conduct," which could mean just about anything.

but i think the disorderly conduct was disrupting the class and lying to the security guard about having a phone. are those really reasons to arrest a teenager?

i'm not saying that she shouldn't get in any trouble for using her cell phone in class, i'm just saying that i don't think she should have been arrested. it was a 14y/o girl lying to a school security guard about whether or not she had a cell phone. was anyone else in the school in danger? was she harming herself? was it illegal? if she had brought a gun or drugs to school thats a completley different story. but she was lying about not having a cell phone because she got caught texting. i think she should be suspended for a few days and have detention for a few, but arresting her and taking her to court is a little extreme. you can still set an example by suspending the girl. i know my parents would've killed me if i was suspended! i just think that arresting a 14y/o because she lied about having a cell phone in class is just a little too much.

I think it's extreme as well,but you don't know the situation

she could have become very resistant to security when they tried to get the phone.

Shouldn't be allowed to carry a cell phone while in school.

Shouldn't be allowed to have them turned on.

exactly.

I don't understand why the schools are allowing this crap. It leads to all of them not paying attention and even more disrespect towards their teacher.

I think more of the little punks should get arrested for it. I'd turn in my 15yr old nephew, hahahaha.

Ok I wouldn't turn in my nephew :D

I think it's extreme as well,but you don't know the situation

school security basically has the right to go through any of your belongings once you get to school. wouldn't really surprise me if they tried to take her purse and she physically wouldn't let go. causing it to become a serious problem.

I've seen stuff like this happen when I was in school,doesn't surprise me.

it says the her phone was in her "buttocks area" so they had to physically search her. i just think they went through way too much trouble. i would've said fine if you don't have a phone and we here about you texting in class again we're taking the phone and you'll get suspended. there was no need to arrest her and search her for a cell phone. thats just my opinion...

Oh spare me. Keep in touch? You mean the constant LOLZ, OMFG, BFF? Pick up the phone and talk and actually "communicate" with someone. They wonder why kids are so ****ing fat these days. Myspace, Facebook, Texting, video games and hours of tv. They don't ****ing move anymore.

Okay, I feel better now.:D

Use your cell phone, when it will bother nobody else. Be conscience and courteous to others. .

I agree with both of these quotes.

My cousin lasted one year as a teacher. Why? "**** you *****." I ain't doing ****." "I'll kick your ass *****." That's why. She told me she would go home crying.

My generation was far from perfect, but at least we respected our elders. Today's generation? Hardly respectful. Not all, but a majority.

Yeah, that too...kids are just disrespectful these days. We need to bring back the paddle!

Outside of places where you are supposed to be paying attention like school, there is nothing wrong with texting. It helps kids stay in touch with their friends and helps them communicate. There is nothing wrong with kids being social and equating it to a drug is just inaccurate. What kind of adverse effects does this have?

The only problem I have with texting is that people use shorthand and generally the conversations don't even look like they are in English. And I have to wonder if that doesn't carry over to their regular writing in class and whatnot. Its a lazy form of communication. I usually text the way I would write something, in general. That way I don't get into a habit of using bad grammar.

The only problem I have with texting is that people use shorthand and generally the conversations don't even look like they are in English. And I have to wonder if that doesn't carry over to their regular writing in class and whatnot. Its a lazy form of communication. I usually text the way I would write something, in general. That way I don't get into a habit of using bad grammar.

Yeah I'm the same. But then I start feeling guilty when the text hits two pages or more. I go back and change the to's to 2's and the and's to &'s (for example) to cut it back to one page. So ****ing lame.

Yeah I'm the same. But then I start feeling guilty when the text hits two pages or more. I go back and change the to's to 2's and the and's to &'s (for example) to cut it back to one page. So ****ing lame.

Were you being sarcastic, or serious? I couldn't tell.:) If, by chance, you were mocking me, I would add that I don't usually write that many words per text. I keep it short. But, yeah, if a person has a lot to say, using the shorthand approach is the right way to go. Then again, why not just call the person if that's the case?

Were you being sarcastic, or serious? I couldn't tell.:) If, by chance, you were mocking me, I would add that I don't usually write that many words per text. I keep it short. But, yeah, if a person has a lot to say, using the shorthand approach is the right way to go. Then again, why not just call the person if that's the case?

No I'm serious. And you don't call sometimes because you're in a place where a call isn't possible

Archived