Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its been a bad couple of months

Thirtyfive2seven

At least I think I know what rock bottom is.

A few months ago I posted on here regarding my now ex. It was a rough time but I got through it. Then on Friday last week I found out that I was laid off. Tonight at 7:05pm my dog passed away.

riggsav7.jpg

Oh yah, and the skins suck :)

Man, that looks alot like Casey (my golden who died last year).

OK, now for the advice.

First, what kind of work do/did you do?

Second, look into something like e-harmony. I have 4 friends who have met their serious G-F/Wife there. You should give it a shot - my guess is that your problem will be deciding which young lady to take out on Saturday night.

Third, get another dog. You like Goldens, try the same adoption/rescue place I used: www.goldheart.com. They are great.

Fourth, get behind the Caps. It really keeps your sports mind going during Skins off season and they are really fun to watch this season.

Lastly, don't let yourself wallow in self-pity. I know, it is REALLY easy to do. If you get too depressed one day, do something you enjoy, be it taking a trip to the beach, staying home to watch movies, or just eating McDonald's fries. Just do it and enjoy doing it.

Good Luck and keep us posted.:cheers:

OK, now for the advice.

Second, look into something like e-harmony. I have 4 friends who have met their serious G-F/Wife there. You should give it a shot - my guess is that your problem will be deciding which young lady to take out on Saturday night.

Third, get another dog. You like Goldens, try the same adoption/rescue place I used: www.goldheart.com. They are great.

Fourth, get behind the Caps. It really keeps your sports mind going during Skins off season and they are really fun to watch this season.

Lastly, don't let yourself wallow in self-pity. I know, it is REALLY easy to do. If you get too depressed one day, do something you enjoy, be it taking a trip to the beach, staying home to watch movies, or just eating McDonald's fries. Just do it and enjoy doing it.

That's not a bad 4 step plan to rule the world, ThirtyFive. :)

I'm sorry to hear about Casey. :(

Work: Windows/Active Directory SME - TS/SCI CI POLY.

As for the dating thing - thanks but its just not my thing right now. I would make someone miserable if I started dating them with all this stuff going on. Hell I'm making myself pretty miserable :) lol

I like the advice of getting a dog but I think its just too soon. I'm crushed, as you know having gone through this. The worse part is I'm experiencing so much guilt. Like I should have known somehow. I know it's illogical but I can't help it. If I do though I will definitely rescue a golden, I think that's an excellent idea.

The Caps eh... Hmmm, yeah I am craving sports and the Wizards just aren't cutting it. I've been a Lakers fan since the days of Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, etc.. But Ovetzkin (spellling) is amazing so maybe I'll check out a game soon.

OK, now for the advice.

****! If there is anything I can do for you let me know. :( I'm sorry you're going through a rough time as well.

My girl is moving out.

My job isn't close to putting food and gas up.

I have to move and have no money.

I may have to give my dog up to find a home.

So yeah, you are far from alone.

I wake up and try and find the possitives.

I try and stay active.

I saw a Red Cardinal sitting in a tree this morning against the snowy woods.

Then I think I found a place to live and can keep my mama bear.

The ex kissed me on the way out.

If you have a TS clearance, you should be able to get a job inside of a few weeks. Back when I was on the job hunt, I remember going to alot of career fairs, I remember feeling that if I didn't have a clearance, I could basically go **** myself. Thankfully, I"m getting out of this area, and will be working on some interesting stuff, but for not much money.

Dang bro I don't what say.I'll take a line from Pearl Jam my friend .............

You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh

Or you can come to terms and realize

You're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh

Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

Have you ideas on how this life ends?

Checked your hands and studied the lines

Have you the belief that the road ahead, ascends off into the light?

Seems that needlessly it's getting harder

To find an approach and a way to live

Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

At least I think I know what rock bottom is.

A few months ago I posted on here regarding my now ex. It was a rough time but I got through it. Then on Friday last week I found out that I was laid off. Tonight at 7:05pm my dog passed away.

riggsav7.jpg

Oh yah, and the skins suck :)

Things will get better, remember you still have your family and friends and most important your life.

A wife/girlfriend - you will find someone

a job - it always work out for the better

dog - that sucks, but in time you will have another pet that will love you the same so you can remember this dog and think of good things

• 2 years later...

Hey everyone! I was just thinking about this for some reason. I guess I just wanted to bump this because so much has changed. It's funny how you can look back on things and laugh. Things really do happen for a reason...

A few week after this initial post I was hired at a great company. That one didn't end up working out but while I was there I learned a new technology and had a lot of time to play with it. By that I mean reading Microsoft technet articles and building various environments. At any rate, it turns out that I became quite good at it. So after I quit I got a job using that technology and I haven't even had to think about looking for something new since. I haven't been happier!

Additionally, I would like to introduce new family members.

First, my fiancee who is a huge Skins fan and if I may say so insanely hot.

And a new puppy Golden Retriever, Sydney!

[ATTACH]45901[/ATTACH]

My girl is moving out.

My job isn't close to putting food and gas up.

I have to move and have no money.

I may have to give my dog up to find a home.

So yeah, you are far from alone.

I wake up and try and find the possitives.

I try and stay active.

I saw a Red Cardinal sitting in a tree this morning against the snowy woods.

Wow, I remember writing this really well. I love that it came back at the same time the TW thread did, because I'm pretty sure they're related. Stupid addictions. I have new ones now, but I'm working on it. I'm much happier now, without that flakey whore of an ex and I work at my favorite bar and rock and roll club, which is the best gig in town. I have a large place in the center of town and my landlords lowered my rent to get me back in here. I've eliminated almost all my bills. I'm in love with an amazing, be it much too young for me, beautiful red head, who loves me too, but is too smart to date the likes of me yet. Life is great.

Archived