Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Politico: Joe the Plumber advises GOP-ers

SkinsHokieFan

:doh:

The future is not bright. When will this guy's 15 minutes be up?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/18324.html

Fresh off his stint as a war correspondent in Gaza, Joe the Plumber is now doing political strategy with Republicans.

When GOP congressional aides gather Tuesday morning for a meeting of the Conservative Working Group, Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher – more commonly known as Joe the Plumber — will be their featured guest. This group is an organization of conservative Capitol Hill staffers who meet regularly to chart GOP strategy for the week.

Wurzelbacher, who became a household name during the presidential election, will be focusing his talk on the proposed stimulus package. He's apparently not a fan of the economic rescue package, according to members of the group.

If nothing else, GOP aides are using the appearance to get staffers to attend the 9 a.m meeting.

“In case you weren’t planning to attend CWG tomorrow morning, you might want to reconsider because Joe the Plumber will be joining us!” Kimberly Wallner, an aide to South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, wrote in a message to her e-mail list this afternoon.

Last month, Wurzelbacher did a brief stint as a war reporter for the conservative web site pjtv.com.

I would imagine they're not actually taking advice from this guy, rather they're using him to get a feel for what the base wants to hear.

I'd imagine they are blithering idiots for having him around.

He hasn't shown any grasp of well anything and threw McCain's campaign into some bizzare lurch

I hope it is him and Palin in 2012. After they lose 50 states, maybe the anti-intellectualism movement on the right will finally be defeated

:doh:

“In case you weren’t planning to attend CWG tomorrow morning, you might want to reconsider because Joe the Plumber will be joining us!” Kimberly Wallner, an aide to South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, wrote in a message to her e-mail list this afternoon.

:rotflmao:

I'm so glad I'm not a republican

I'd rather him be around than a professional politician.

It's not different than Blondie on T.V. at the Eagles game giving her opinion on what she see's wrong when asked...

Politicians are the joke of the country and yet you find this guy to be "beneath" them.

:) whatever.

Same with Al Franken becoming a Democrat Senator.... better him the the professional he's fighting.. less chance of bribes.

I'd imagine they are blithering idiots for having him around.

He hasn't shown any grasp of well anything and threw McCain's campaign into some bizzare lurch

I hope it is him and Palin in 2012. After they lose 50 states, maybe the anti-intellectualism movement on the right will finally be defeated

I agree with you on quite a few issues... However, I'll disagree with your post here. There are quite a lot of people who feign pseudo-intellectualism and criticize others for being "anti-intellectuals". The only thing Mr. Werlzbacher (or however you spell it) is guilty of is asking a very simple question of Barack Obama that didn't require "nuance" or "intellectualism" to answer, yet Obama stumbled on it... All the degrees in the world will not teach you to be someone you are not, and that's what the "Joe the Plumber" story hit upon.

Poor Joe, if he had come back from his overseas gig a week or two earlier he would have been named Chairman of the RNC.

As for man in the street, there are better candidates. I mean Joe is practically a Democrat for goshsakes, wasn't he in major trouble for the IRS for not paying his taxes?

Dammit if we could just get our party to start taking advice from out-of-touch Washington insiders and lifetime legislators instead of real people we will be fine....

Real people? I don't want you to hate yourself, but I think you might be an out of-touch elitist if you think this is "real" normal people are Joe the Plumber:

"Wurzelbacher has signed with a publicity management agent regarding media relationships, including "a possible record deal with a major label, personal appearances and corporate sponsorships." From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_the_Plumber

What type of real people do you know with publicity management and corporate sponsorships and possible record deals? He is Hollywood buddy, just like all the other ones you hate......

Real people? I don't want you to hate yourself, but I think you might be an out of-touch elitist if you think this is "real" normal people are Joe the Plumber:

"Wurzelbacher has signed with a publicity management agent regarding media relationships, including "a possible record deal with a major label, personal appearances and corporate sponsorships." From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_the_Plumber

What type of real people do you know with publicity management and corporate sponsorships and possible record deals? He is Hollywood buddy, just like all the other ones you hate......

At what point did I claim he was a real person?

Haven't the Republicans gotten into enough hot water over the adjective "real"

Real Virginians

Real Americans

Joe, the Plumber is certainly a real person. Now, whether he is average or representative is a different issue... but the fixation on real is just not a winning argument.

Approximately right here.
Dammit if we could just get our party to start taking advice from out-of-touch Washington insiders and lifetime legislators instead of real people we will be fine....

Did I misunderstand your post?

Archived