Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Complete Redskins Cap/Salary figures through 2013

cphil006

This is the most complete, comprehensive, and detailed salary and cap information for The Redskins I have been able to find

Please refer to this for any questions or comments regarding the cap and salaries...

http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm

click on the many tabs at the bottom of the page once it opens

This includes:

Notes

Cap Summary

Release Fees

Contract

Salaries

Cap Bonuses

Other Bonunes

Dead Cap

Unsigned Players

I searched and could not find this anywhere on this site. If it is let me know. If not I hope you all find it extremely useful... I know I have.

If not I hope you all find it extremely useful... I know I have.

Yeah, I have it bookmarked. It's just a good resource for knowing exactly which contracts saddle us and who is "moveable". It should be required reading for the "We should trade/cut..." threads.

Yeah, I have it bookmarked. It's just a good resource for knowing exactly which contracts saddle us and who is "moveable". It should be required reading for the "We should trade/cut..." threads.

Did you have it bookmarked already or just after you read this thread? I just discovered it myself this morning.

I was hoping people would use it for references before trying to suggest a ridiculous trade.

Did you have it bookmarked already or just after you read this thread?

I had it bookmarked prior. I use it to make snarky comments in the ubiquitous "We should trade/cut..." threads. But your posting of the link draws more attention to what is a good resource of info.

We should trade Cooley and Portis to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald. That would get our offense really going, because Cooley is slower than Davis and Portis is old anyway.

Word.

I was thinking this very same thing in the shower this morning, while I ws playing shower-GM.

I am shocked about some contracts of the rookies.....all get the same amount of salary, only thing that is different is the signing bonus.

Why do players get a signing bonus of 37 dollars? Man that's a lot of money.

And why the **** did we signed Randel El to a 8 year deal? What were they thinking?

Smoot ''mouth of the south'' is having a nice contract for the amount of playing time, that needs to be fixed.

Help me out here if we let Portis go it cost 13 million this year but do we have to pay his release money for every year through 2013 or just this year

If you cut a player, you have to pay all his guaranteed money left in his entire contract during THAT year only. An exception is post-June 1 cuts where the majority of dead cap money gets shifted to the following year, allowing you to not have as bad a cap hit in the year you cut the player (Ex. B-Lloyd).

If you cut a player, you have to pay all his guaranteed money left in his entire contract during THAT year only. An exception is post-June 1 cuts where the majority of dead cap money gets shifted to the following year, allowing you to not have as bad a cap hit in the year you cut the player (Ex. B-Lloyd).

so can you trade portis after June 1 and avoid the cap hit until the uncapped year?

We should trade Cooley and Portis to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald. That would get our offense really going, because Cooley is slower than Davis and Portis is old anyway.

Are you on Drugs? Trade away our best RB and our best TE for one player that won't help us if Campbell is on his back or running for his life. Portis is one reason why Campbell wasn't on his back more often because he had to help in pass block. Cooley is the guy that gets open and is a mismatch for teams LB's and saftey's. So you want to trade those two because, in your opinion, Cooley is too slow and Portis is too old. Good research and analysis on this one. :doh1:

This is no longer the case. Because next year is uncapped, ALL SB allocation will be prorated to this year, regardless of when the player is released.

Archived